Chihuahua Breeder Network

Chihuahua Breeder Network

jchamp52

QUOTE 10/13/2010 11:14:16 PM
I posted this question a few days ago, and it is now missing.....I am trying to get information on this new pop up that appears on the listings. It is on the breed that I advertise for sale, I was just wondering what it is about?? It appears to be another venue for selling puppies, as if the breeders does not have enough competition!  I hope I am not understanding it correctly.  Could others please post their thoughts.
leemct

QUOTE 10/14/2010 1:02:13 PM
I have not seen pop ups on my ad (Silky terrier ) however if you check out more than one ad the

previous ad you have viewed will show up as a recent ad you have visited.  I assume that is for the

convenience of the person looking for a puppy
jchamp52

QUOTE 10/14/2010 2:29:32 PM

Quote leemct:

I have not seen pop ups on my ad (Silky terrier ) however if you check out more than one ad the

previous ad you have viewed will show up as a recent ad you have visited.  I assume that is for the

convenience of the person looking for a puppy
No this is something entirely different, it is a pop up that will take you to a completely different site to go to where you can purchase/sell puppies.

I just did a scroll through the Silky Terrier wanted ad, I saw a pop up for K-9 advantix and at the bottom I saw a pop up for Breeder Network (it was showing Pom's this time instead of Chihuahua) so I guess NDP is throwing up a Breeders Network pop up on EVERY puppy wanted page. To me this just looks like NDP is cutting our throats. Everyone that is a paying member knows we do not need any more sites for the prospective viewer to be able to go on ** especially if it is reached from the NDP website.

That is the take I make on this....I hope to hear other opinions
leemct

QUOTE 10/14/2010 4:24:41 PM
Now I know what you meant. The paid Googe ads  The people not paying for NDP will get free advertising.  I just started with NDP and the only reason was that they rank #1 in internet traffic, follwed by Puppy Find  (I am paying monthly on that and it sucks 65 hits a week is pathetic)  both of which are away ahead of a company I have been advertising with since the beginning. I do like this forum, Puppy match, breeder's page and breeder questions but I absolutely hate the 1 puppy per ad.  To me it is not how I want to market my puppies. I don't sell puppies on a photo . I want to meet the people  and let all the puppies choose. Also indivduale ads per puppy makes us look more like puppy farms not breeders .  The prices were also interesting  In CA it is very expensive to breed dogs. My out of pocket expenses run around $850  (dividing my puppies into my IRS deductions ) My puppies for pets usually run  950 to 1500 with most selleng for 1000 and 1200. . I don't let my puppies go before 10 or 12 weeks of age and I start my vaccines a 4 weeks (Parvo every 2 wks to 20 weeks DHPP at 8.10,12,16 wk and distemper measles at 4 and 6 wks ) they are micro chipped and health checked prior to leaving .

dihart

QUOTE 10/14/2010 9:17:42 PM
      I am not too sure about that blurb that comes up in the middle of the ads either. It is on  the puppymatch  section too, so basically everywhere. And I think it is an injustice to those who pay their good $$ to advertise on this site and make it the #1 puppy place on the internet.  Already we pay the Monthly fee, up-charge for premium, up charge to bump your ads to the top again and then it seems like some are set up so that no matter when you advertise, in just a millisecond, you are now #2...3...4...)

Yep, those new links take the clients into a whole nother arena of choices for a pup. Honestly does NDP make soooo little $ that they have to do rote marketing for other "networks" (Maltese breeders, yorkie breeders, Chihuahua breeders, blahblahblah)  

I don't care much for having to advertise each pup separately either, it is much easier and makes more sense to advertise a litter together at least to me, at least until they are several weeks old.

beaglebrat

QUOTE 10/14/2010 10:01:34 PM
It would be interesting to hear a response from NDP on this.  Everyone knows that I feel the paying customers on all these type of sites are the breeders.  We are the ones spending the big money.  I am one breeder and sometimes I spend $20 per day featuring my ads.  I am on the road to spending well over $1000 per year.... and again, I am 1 breeder. 

NDP's is making a TON of money on this site. I don't like anything that deters paying breeders from selling their puppies.

Like I am completely fine with listing puppies individually.  It is much more informative than just a "breeder" or "litter" style of listing.  My puppies are all priced individually based on color, sex, and most importantly quality.  Right now I have $1000 puppies and I have $2000 puppies in the same litter.

What I have hated has been the puppymatch thing.  I have tried on about 5 occasions, sending out 50 e-mails or more, with my web and contact information and out of a total of we will say 200 contacts and hours of my time, only THREE had the courtesy to respond back.

I know is some breeders "niche" on here, but to me, I hate it,  I don't like it at all.  I suspect that most of the people doing puppymatch IN MY BREED are only looking at price and not quality.

I pay a minimum of $5 every day of the year so that MY AD IS ON TOP! Why should none featuring breeders just have all these "leads" handed to them?  With out puppymatch, it is my puppies and my great ads that they are seeing, so I can explain why my puppies are better and more expensive.

So, not every breeder is going to agree with what is best for Nextdaypets, because what works for one, hurts another--- but I think WE CAN all agree that redirecting traffic to other puppy selling sites is just totally stupid and goes against all of our overall goal of finding good homes for our puppies.

nextdaypetsforumhelp

QUOTE 10/15/2010 7:03:24 AM
As you all know, we have never had popups on our site redirecting our users to another competitor's site.  Most of our ads are served through remnant networks, so we only have choice on the types of ad we want to display, though we do not have the choice to approve an ad before it goes live.  We do not allow popup ads, but if there is an ad producing a popup, it is a rouge ad and we want to stop it.  For one, we aren't even getting paid for it and it is redirecting our users.  The next time this happens, if you can take a screenshot (press the Print Screen button on your keyboard) and send us this image, we will be able to determine exactly where it is coming from.  We will also keep an eye out for the ad, but to date have not seen the popup.  The more information you can provide to us, the quicker we can get it turned off.  Thanks for your help!!

dihart

QUOTE 10/15/2010 7:48:33 AM
   I am not sure what to do once I hit printscreen, but I just simply went on "find a puppy" under the Yorkie breed and scrolled down about 1/2 way and there was the offer in a yellow box that says "YORKIE BREEDER NETWORK; NEW YORKIE PUPPIES JUST ARRIVED;CLICK HERE TO GET YOURS. YORKIEBREEDERNETWORK.COM" 

AND THIS IS THE LINK TO THEIR AD, NDP,  SO YOU CAN CHECK IT OUT AND FIX THIS:

http://www.yorkiebreedernetwork.com/finder/default_bs.asp?breed_id=183&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=ContentNetwork&utm_content=YorkshireTerrier%28Teacup%29&utm_term=Banner

I perused some of the other breeds and there are others with the same offer, saw it in Golden Retrievers , and at the bottom of the Bulldog page. Please get this stopped. Those are mass produced ads, what quality can they have?

beaglebrat

QUOTE 10/15/2010 8:09:31 AM
OH BOOOOOOO to that breeder network.  I looked and it is just like that other HUGE one on the internet puppy brokering site.  They jack up the prices on these poor quality dogs because the buyers are paying for the puppy and a HUGE COMMISSION to the site.

Why would anyone purchase from one of these online brokers? They could get very well bred puppies for the same amount or sometimes less money.

Thank you to NDPets for addressing the issue and thank you to everyone else for bringing it to their attention.

leemct

QUOTE 10/15/2010 10:34:39 AM
I just checked my Silky ad there are 12 google ad links for other puppy sites (some have multiple sights when you click  on it ) The Los Angels Time used to have google ads advertizing Kijiji pet ads. I talked to the advert. department head and was told they  are paid by google for those ads  However what they did

was removed the puppy   ads and put in real estate on the pet section  I think it was more for themselves  rather then the advertisers as they were loosing paid people to Kijiji now Ebays' free ads 

I just checked those links . It leads to mutiple sites . Some private (cannot advet there) some rescues site for non profits (breeder placments need not apply)  and just about any site advetising my breed.
shortyrock#$!99

QUOTE 10/18/2010 2:52:22 PM
does the chihuahua bark alot like too much or is he / she just very nice and friendly to people? i would love to see a pic. of it . and one more thing ,  is this puppy a boy or a girl?   Thank you,                                                                                  shorty rock.....                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                          
jchamp52

QUOTE 10/18/2010 5:26:44 PM
Shorty,

I think you are on the wrong page, you are NOT on the page that you send questions to a seller about a puppy they have posted for sale.
dihart

QUOTE 10/21/2010 2:56:16 PM
well I have not seen those "Breeders Network" ads on the pages the past few days, so I appreciate NDP taking care of that part anyway.

leemct

QUOTE 10/21/2010 8:47:41 PM
I just re checked my Silky ad and all the google ads are still there with links to multiple puppies for sales sites  Some private breeders some pet directories I know on the google ads every time someone clicks NDP gets more  money and the paid advertiser get NO SALE

I paid for a year and have had little to non  response. Zero response from Puppy Match ads . Not even the courtesy of no thanks I want a cheper, closer , younger or what puppy
nextdaypetsforumhelp

QUOTE 10/23/2010 5:28:17 PM
We have tried to remove all of the Breeder Network ads, however we won't be able to remove every breed related ad that shows up.  The revenue from these ads, does help keep the costs down for our advertisers.  We feel if a buyer is truly interested in purchasing one of your puppies, a banner ad will not stop them.  Thank you for using NextDayPets.

beaglebrat

QUOTE 10/25/2010 3:55:50 PM

Quote nextdaypetsforumhelp:

We have tried to remove all of the Breeder Network ads, however we won't be able to remove every breed related ad that shows up.  The revenue from these ads, does help keep the costs down for our advertisers.  We feel if a buyer is truly interested in purchasing one of your puppies, a banner ad will not stop them.  Thank you for using NextDayPets.

No offense, it is your site-- but please don't try to tell me the ads are to keep prices down for advertisers, it is for the site to generate even more income, just like the vet ads, pet supplies and pet insurance.  It's not for the customers or the breeders.  It's to make as much as an income as possible for NDP.

I am pretty computer savvy and I know I alone spend well over $1000 on this site each year.  --This is 5 TIMES as much as I spend yearly on any other puppy selling site, including a couple other big ones.   And they are able to "run things" just fine for a fraction of the cost.

I also have websites and I understand about servers and programmers, but at the end of the day, this is the biggest puppy selling site on the internet and it's owners are making a TON and I do mean a TON of money each year-- just on the feature ads alone.  Not to mention the monthly or yearly subscribers or the breed listings.

At least don't insult our intelligence.... say this is a business, we want to make as much money as possible and if you don't like it, advertise elsewhere.   I don't like it, but I still find the value in advertising here and I am 100% sure that I have better site optimization that 99% of the other advertisers on here.  My websites are on page 1 of Google, yet I am shelling out $5-20 per day for "feature ads".  You have to on here or there is no point of advertising on NDP's with popular breeds. Most people don't get past the first page and there are 10-20 featured ads daily on the popular breeds.

dihart

QUOTE 10/25/2010 7:32:35 PM
THEY'RE BACK. UGH 

German Shepard breeders network popped up in my own ads.

leemct

QUOTE 10/31/2010 2:07:23 PM
Beaglebrat is right . It is all about the money honey.  We pay the highest advert fees of any other site and they double dip.  I just paid for my 1st year . My breed is  are relatively rare so I don't get lost as quickly as if I bred popular breeds. Those breeder have no choice but to pay extra. I have however noticed many of the puppies against mine don't even resemble the breed (yet advet as pure )

I have had very little response (2) and both were idiots . I have ad 0 response on puppymatch . I did have a customer that did by one of my puppies (via a free google search ) that said she would never buy from anyone advert on NDP  I have avoided NDP like the plauge and only decided to advert when a company that tracks web site gave NDP as the # 1 site searched . All those google ads paid off) I wanted to cover all my bases. I have never been so discusted with a site .  

I don't know about other breeds , but in my breeds I feel like a Hilton Hotel next door to a flop house, which may be why my ads are not getting inquiries. Maybe this is what the people who use NDP want.

Has anyone on this forum gotten serious inquirie willing to pay a decent price for a dog.   

Post Reply New Topic