Looking to Breed

Looking to Breed

britterbritter115

QUOTE 9/28/2010 5:44:35 AM
I am looking to breed my male boxer but cant seem to find anyone to stud him out to...hes a great dog and would to let him have pups. Any suggestions or want to breed with him. let me know thanks

kathystone

QUOTE 9/28/2010 10:35:27 AM
  I am sure your dog is an excellent example of the boxer breed. Of course, being a responsible breeder, you have had his hips xrayed and certified by OFA right? You have also had his eyes checked for PRA and certified too, yes? His conformation is good enough to earn him his championship in whatever registry his papers come from and you can prove he is a titled dog, true? Or is he just a boxer you would like to use for breeding to make "money" while you add to the dog overpopulation problem we have here in America. Please think about it. Not all dogs should be bred. If his genetics don't better the breed then please reconsider.
importbox

QUOTE 9/28/2010 12:03:58 PM
Great reply.  I have Russian born true working boxer female that I am looking to breed.  She has all her OFA certs up on their site and has working titles (Sch 1, S$R, cadaver).  She will becoming into heat around the end of December.  Confirmation means nothing in working ability, so please only respond if you truly understand what I am looking for.  Primarily this is for police dogs, Shutzhund (although an obedience sport more so than true working ability), S&R, protection, etc. I would prefer an import!

Thanks,

Chris

britterbritter115

QUOTE 9/29/2010 2:49:42 AM
Well as far as being a ignorant person just looking to continue the over population of dogs no i'm not, my boxer is AKC registered and is available to be ukc registered, he has champion blood lines if i remember right, and is even chipped. As far as getting him examined i am working on that and getting him pinhipped and all that so that i can show he is in good condition. As far as him being not pure blood or inbred he's not, his ancestry goes back to over seas and is an awesome dog. He's got beautiful markings and everyone that sees him wants one. Trust me i would not own an inbred dog, or a dog with any defects, i am an animal lover and love to help animals but this dog will only ever be bred with another pure bred boxer i will not breed him with a mutt or anything. I am a first time breeder but i do know enough about it not to be stupid so to speak and ruin the dog or start a puppy mill. I am thoroughly against puppy mills and people just breeding to breed or just letting their dogs run around and knocking up other dogs. Thank you for your concern though. And if anyone is interested in breeding with Remy or wants to see pictures please call 440 935 2624 or email me Sportzcrazy115@aol.com.

kathystone

QUOTE 9/29/2010 3:18:32 AM
 Pin hipped? By your own admission, he is NOT OFA certified. nor has he had his eyes certified free from PRA. Just because he is "AKC REGISTERED" does not make him a breedable dog. Please reconsider or at least go through the steps to prove he is a quality dog. I have an AKC registered chihuahua who weighs 20 pounds and is the best cattle dog in the neighborhood. A DNA test shows she is a Jack Russel mix. It does not matter to me as she is a spayed pet. Papers don't mean everything and not all dogs with papers should be used for breeding.
britterbritter115

QUOTE 9/29/2010 3:49:34 AM
Yes i said he doesn't have all the certificates yet but i also said i was working on getting him checked out and everything, thats why my original post says that i am wanting to breed and if anyone has suggestions or wants to breed with him. I think thats cool i have 5 dogs so i know a little but i have never bred a dog and i'm not looking to just breed him for money or anything. So please don't lecture me, i'm taking all the precautions and steps necessary to breed him, i would never ruin a pure bred dog, and i'm not gonna start now. He is up to date on all shots and everything else all i have to do is get his hips and his eyes checked and he's good to go. And from what i understand pin hipped is basically making sure he's ready to be bred and good to go. I have thought about it and i am sure i want to breed Remy, but like i said i have no takers as of yet, which is why i'm still getting him checked out. Trust me i am by no means going to run out and breed him with any and every female boxer i find. I want a female boxer that at least has AKC papers and has good bloodlines and ancestry, and is all good on health because i dont want to have health issues in pups. I know not all papered dogs are good dogs to breed but i have done my research and made sure before i got my dog from the breeder i did. Yes i am a first time breeder but i have friends of my family that have bred dogs and i know all i need to do to get him ready its just getting him ready and finding a good enough female to breed with him.

Post Reply New Topic