Find a vet on Nextdaypets???

Find a vet on Nextdaypets???

beaglebrat

QUOTE 9/15/2010 10:24:34 PM
Exactly how does a vet get listed?  Probably they have to pay money?  Or do they  have to accept Nextdaypets little "insurance program"?

Either way,  every single vet that they are recommending in my area are absolutely terrible and way overpriced.  I DRIVE RIGHT ON BY their practices..... I would not recommend them to any of my puppy buyers. 

I wonder how a DECENT VET gets to be listed.  Anyone know?

nextdaypetsforumhelp

QUOTE 9/16/2010 8:59:51 AM

Quote beaglebrat:

Exactly how does a vet get listed?  Probably they have to pay money?  Or do they  have to accept Nextdaypets little "insurance program"?

Either way,  every single vet that they are recommending in my area are absolutely terrible and way overpriced.  I DRIVE RIGHT ON BY their practices..... I would not recommend them to any of my puppy buyers. 

I wonder how a DECENT VET gets to be listed.  Anyone know?

The vet directory we just launched on our site is provided by Yext (http://www.yext.com/vets/).

They are similar to a "Yellow Pages" type of service, they have directories for anything ranging from appliance repair to physical therapists to vets.  The directory is only provided as a reference, and when possible, you should always check references. 

beaglebrat

QUOTE 9/16/2010 11:27:04 AM
When you went with the Yext directory, did you ask how they get the vet names?  I am sure it is based on PAY/MONEY not service, quality or ratings.  I went to their site and who should pop up by the local "ER" service that charges $500 for 1 x-ray, when my vet charges $50 for the same thing.

You are doing your customers and site users a disservice by providing that directory.  Why don't you go with something at least somewhat fair and unbiased--that provides a more complete list of the actual vets not just paying vets.  In the area that was given I know there are over 30 vets and yet what pops up but THE WORST 4-5 in our area. 

Nextdaypets customers should at least be allowed to add to the list vets they do recommend and known are good.  Not just the ones that have paid the Yext company to be on this site.

nextdaypetsforumhelp

QUOTE 9/17/2010 1:39:41 PM
Businesses are listed in the Yext directory by paid inclusion.  Yellow Pages works the same way, if you want your business listed you must pay. 

As we stated before, when deciding on a vet, you must check references.  Nothing beats a personal referral for a vet, especially if it is from a trusted friend/family member.

Please use the Vet Listings on this site as a basis to begin your search.  As a side note, this is the same directory listed on dogster.com and many other pet related sites.

beaglebrat

QUOTE 9/18/2010 8:23:48 PM
If Nextdaypets is not getting paid to have that up, I am telling you right now, that is doing a disservice to your customers.  It is a VERY LIMITED LIST, and I don't care who else uses it.  The vets listed in my area are ALL crappy vets that I would never recommend to any person, let alone people with my puppies.

If you want a much more complete list that actually gives ratings you should see if you can work something out with:

http://www.vetratingz.com

They have any vet listed that I can think of (not 5/30)  and new customers can make a decision based on consumer reviews. Not because some crappy, overpriced vet paid for an ad.

Just a thought. It is your site, but I rather not have my people look at the incomplete list that you have up.  I rather they get in a phone book if they need to.

Post Reply New Topic