New scammer

New scammer

kathystone

QUOTE 9/3/2010 6:32:55 PM
 Here is a new one I had not heard of before. A woman in Carson adopted a dog from me. Two separate vets had examined the dog, once when she was spayed and once when she was shipped. Both agree the dog was in good health and about 5 to 6 years old. The ad I ran said about 5.  The woman stated she really wanted tow dogs but did not have the money for two. I asked for references and got a "vet". (After hassling with her, I looked up this "vet" and could not find anyone INCLUDING  the california veterinary association, who had heard of her.) Anyway, the dog was in transit when she called and asked it I could stop the driver as she wanted a different dog instead.  That did not happen. When she got the dog she said it bit her. The driver said she scruffed the dog and it did indeed protest. 

The next day she said the dog was fine but had urinated and pooped on her bed. I told her to crate the dog when she could not watch it until she(the dog) seemed to get the idea. She had done fine here while she recuperated from surgery.  A few days later the woman threatend to kill the dog if I did not send her money back. The she threatened to turn me in which would be fine as I do have all the permits and licensed I need. Then she threatened to injure the dog if I did not send her a total refund.  I had someone who would pick the dog up but she refused. It turns out she has done this to several BREEDERS AS WELL.

SO breeders adn rescuers watch out for a scammer of a different sort in Carson California.
katiekat33

QUOTE 9/4/2010 2:28:06 PM
Kathy, I think I'd report her to authorities in Carson CA. She sounds like she is unstable at the very least. I'm sure you're worried sick about the dog she has in her possession.... Maybe someone could go and check on her and on the dog.
kathystone

QUOTE 9/4/2010 7:32:25 PM
 The address she gave me was bogus but I  had some of my friends in the LA Sherriff's department track down her actual address. She does indeed have a "habit" of this kind of stuff. I am worried sick about the dog.  Hopefully she will see the light and return or rehome the dog.
Post Reply New Topic