Happy News!!

Happy News!!

dihart

QUOTE 8/20/2010 3:31:02 PM
       Hi all, I wanted to share my happy news that my beautiful Coton de Tulear Babe gave birth to 8 healthy bouncing baby pups yesterday. momma & babies are all doing well and we are sooooo happy. last year she had to have a c-section to have her litter (again 8 pups, but I farmed 3 out to a breeder friends dam who had a small litter, so babe only had to nurse 5) so I made double sure she was up on her calcium and in great shape and we prayed alot, and such a wonderful treat, they are here and Babe is taking good care of all of them. Now it is puppiespuppiespuppies for this families focus for the next 2 months!!
jchamp52

QUOTE 8/20/2010 5:38:43 PM

Quote dihart:

Hi all, I wanted to share my happy news that my beautiful Coton de Tulear Babe gave birth to 8 healthy bouncing baby pups yesterday. momma & babies are all doing well and we are sooooo happy. last year she had to have a c-section to have her litter (again 8 pups, but I farmed 3 out to a breeder friends dam who had a small litter, so babe only had to nurse 5) so I made double sure she was up on her calcium and in great shape and we prayed alot, and such a wonderful treat, they are here and Babe is taking good care of all of them. Now it is puppiespuppiespuppies for this families focus for the next 2 months!!
That is wonderful news, I am happy she had an easier time with the birth  (just went through the c-section deal with one of my girls)

Love the baby breath....not so fond of all the poop patrol that goes with the job.

Give all the little ones a hug and a kiss for me.

Takes lots of pictures.....
spanglegurl

QUOTE 8/20/2010 7:19:01 PM
I'm so happy she had a good birth and not another c-section! Congrats on the little babies. I wish you luck on caring for them and finding them new homes!!
dihart

QUOTE 8/26/2010 3:27:57 PM
     The babies are now a full week old and are just starting to pick their little bellies up off the ground when they drag themselves along. The  noses on some are starting to change to black, but mostly sweet pink noses, ears, & bellys. It will be another week until they get their eyes and ears open and can see and hear the world around them, for now they are learning my touch, and of course their mommies.

Babes milk has finally come in, it took a few days, but I have not had to supplemental feed for the past 3 and the pups are gaining nicely. They always suckled well, the incubator helped to ensure a good sucking response, but the milk was not there in quantity. Some milkaid helped. Some of them never cared for the taste of the milk replacer, could barely entice them to take it, but patience and persistance paid off for that. Others were very hungry and sucked it down, even tho it was not mommies soft belly and ample boobies that were supplying it.  

I had to move the welping box into the bathroom to cut down on the traffic & noise from humans and canines alike. Babe was not very happy if another dog would get too nosey and too close to the box where her precious babies are, or if there was a knock on the door,  so to keep peace within everyones heart, we moved the box and things are much calmer.  

The dewclaws have been removed.....that is always a bit traumatic for me, but I know it is a good thing in the long run.
Post Reply New Topic