ID VERIFIED???

ID VERIFIED???

abryan

QUOTE 6/26/2010 1:44:06 AM
Be careful of who you do business with.  There are plenty people out there with only money on their minds.  Do your homework people.
bthomas

QUOTE 6/26/2010 12:11:12 PM
ID Verified means we validate their identity (ID), not their kennel or breeding facilities.  Kennel Verification is not something we perform, however we leave that up to the USDA.  If you would like to learn more about the ID Verification process you can click here:
http://www.nextdaypets.com/directory/HelpCenter/ID-Verify~3.aspx

We are the only online breeder advertising venue that takes the steps to at least validate the identity of the person advertising.

If you would like to submit a complaint about a breeder, please use the contact us form or contact us through live chat during normal business hours.  We do take every complaint seriously, and they do not get "lost in translation."  We had to edit your post above as we do not allow libel to take place on our forums.  Please read our forum rules here if you would like a further explanation:

http://www.nextdaypets.com/directory/dogs/forum/General-Dog-Talk~1/5709~1.aspx
abryan

QUOTE 6/27/2010 3:35:44 AM
Slander of this website is not my intent obviously. The scammers, yes.  I only stated my opinions.  That is a forum.  All Im saying is buyer please Beware.  Whats wrong with that?
administrator

QUOTE 6/27/2010 10:12:01 AM
Buyer beware is allowed on our forums, however you cannot specifically highlight an individual breeder as stated in our forum rules.  If you have a legitimate complaint about a breeder, please contact us through our Help Center so we can fully research the claim.

jchamp52

QUOTE 6/27/2010 2:38:14 PM

Quote abryan:

Slander of this website is not my intent obviously. The scammers, yes.  I only stated my opinions.  That is a forum.  All Im saying is buyer please Beware.  Whats wrong with that?
Hi abryan,  it is getting more and more dangerous to try and purchase a pet. As a breeder I have gotten all the scam emails you can possibly imagine! At least I have enough experance to spot (usually) a scam right off the bat, but your average person, that has never delt with purchasing over the internet will have NO clue. And sadly, most prospective buyers do absolutely NO research before they rush into a purchase.

That is where the breeder has to earn their money. I usually have to educate the buyer of how to care for their pet, my breed is Chihuahua, and they require a lot more care and attention than your average big yard pet would. 

I try to add as much information as I can in my for sale ads, hopefully people will start to notice some of the "standard" information that is being posted more and more, such as the additional cost of shipping....that people selling dogs from Africa are more than likely trying to rip you off.

24tracey

QUOTE 11/15/2010 11:44:54 AM
I know exactly what you mean about people (breeders) being money hungry.

I have found a (supposedly) purebred Chihuahua on NDP....I have been scammed, My vet doesnt seem to think my Chihuahua is purebred, His ears havent even started to go up and he is (again supposedly) over 2months old    I have filed a complaint against the breeder to nextdaypets and its like pulling teeth to get a response. And he continues to sell his dogs through this site.
katiekat33

QUOTE 11/16/2010 4:50:28 PM
Tracey, the post prior to yours doesn't say anything about breeders being "money hungry."  It states that breeders have to earn their money by educating the public.

Just because your puppy's ears aren't up doesn't mean you don't have a purebred; maybe the ears just won't come up. That doesn't mean you got scammed.  I don't know how a breeder could possibly guarantee that the ears on a puppy will come up. I don't raise chihuahuas, but my breed doesn't always have its ears up by 2 months; sometimes it's sooner, sometimes it's later.  What makes your vet think you don't have a purebred?
24tracey

QUOTE 11/17/2010 9:43:08 AM
Actually I wasnt replying to the post just above mine...I was just replying in general. As far as the ears go on my Chihuahua thats one of their trademarks that I find endearing and Im a lil concerned about it is all. As far as my vet and anyone else..My "purebred" Chihuahua looks like a Jack Russell the older he is getting. When I saw the pics. of him from the breeder his ears were standing straight up..

I AM NOT ATTACKING all breeders, just the one I got "Tank" from...I had the best experience in the world with the breeder with my first pup "Bella" so Im just a lil concerned with the last one...

For the record Im a new puppy owner and have alot of questions, I dont want to be attacked with a response because I have questions, I thought that was what this forum was for
jchamp52

QUOTE 11/19/2010 4:35:31 AM
Hi 24tracy,

Have you talked to the breeder about your concerns?  They will be your first/best source of information about the bloodlines of the puppy you have.

I have had lots and lots of puppies that have had "bad ear days."  Until the cartilage is strong enough to hold the ear erect, the ears will do some really strange things....both may stand beautifully one day and flop the next, or one ear will flop and the other will stand, or they will both flop to the left, flop to the right, or both will flop back. Some ears will simply never stand erect, and

it has nothing to do with the puppy being full blooded or not.

I do not know the breeder you got your Chihuahua puppy from, but it will be very easy for them to provide you with the genetic history of your puppy.  If their male has been used very many times he WILL BE DNA tested so they can prove he is the sire,  and (if you are willing to pay to test their female**as it is NOT required to DNA the female at this time). 

Of course,  this will only apply to breeders that raise AKC registered dogs, as I am not sure if any of the other registries REQUIRE you to do any DNA testing at all.

If you think these questions will cause a conflict with the breeder, you can always have your puppy tested at an independent clinic to determine what breed he is. 

Just type  DNA Tests to Identify Dog Breed into your search engine and it will give you several sites (just note it is not a cheap test) to start your own research.

But please talk to the breeder first, NO breeder can fix a problem if they do not know there is a problem. Also realize some puppies are just prettier than others :-(  

The Chihuahua breed is allowed in ANY and ALL colors. They also come in all  SHAPES and WEIGHTS, that makes it a VERY confusing for a buyer. 

The Chihuahua's you see in the show ring are what is DESIRED and CONSIDERED the ideal ** that does not mean ALL Chihuahua will look as they do. Just as my desired figure would be 36-24-36, Lordie knows that does not mean I will ever get it  :-( 

Mis-leading names such as T-cup, tiny toy, micro, or mini do not help the general public either. The Chihuahua is just one of about 26 other breeds that are included in the TOY group  BUT the Chihuahua is NOT futher separated according to height or weight!!  Some breeds are, such as the Poodle.

Also note, the ONLY time there is a weight restriction in the Chihuahua breed is IF you plan to show them in an AKC sanctioned  dog show, and the dog can weigh NO  MORE than 6 lb!!!!

I have seen many full blooded, black and tan Chihuahua's that look like Manchester's because they have a slightly longer nose and longer legs.

I have also seen spotted Chihuahua that grew larger than the ideal lb and looked a lot like Fox Terriers,  Rat Terriers or Jack's.

If you have any other questions, I will help if I can.

24tracey

QUOTE 11/19/2010 9:31:50 AM
Thanks Jchamp52,

I appreciate all the advice, I have contacted the breeder and he was very hostile, dont know why since he sold me a very sick puppy. (he has hookworms & Coccidia) I contacted the breeder on advice from my vet about the Coccidia so he could administer medicine to the other pups he was selling but his concern was just bring the puppy back for a refund. Well, I was not going to do that. I also asked to see a picture of the mother of "Tank" because he has a picture of the Dad on his website. He said he was updating his site and would put one up there..that was before Halloween. I thought that I had done my research on this breeder but I was fooled. His website said he was licensed by the Ga Dept of agriculture but has since taken that off his site. He still has "Tank" listed on NDP...It has cost me so much to take "Tank" back & forth to the vet, but I will not ever give him back to that man. Is it common for Breeders to take the pups away from their mom to ensure a smaller size? When I picked up "Tank" the breeder told me he was still teething as to why his ears were down...I guess my question is how long do they continue teething? Im not sure how old "Tank" is because the breeder told me one thing and the ad thats still on NDP says a total different age. 

Well as it happens I do not really care if "Tank" is purebred at this point because I love him just the same.

Once again thank you so much for your advice.. There is a picture of "Tank" on the pet pictures if you would like to look at him. He's a red & white Chihuahua
24tracey

QUOTE 11/19/2010 9:45:33 AM
Jchamp52..Tank is on the 3rd page of the dog pictures, he is wrapped in a red blanket on his way home.....

Thats why I love him so much..he is too cute !!!
jchamp52

QUOTE 11/19/2010 9:00:52 PM

Quote 24tracey:

Thanks Jchamp52,

I appreciate all the advice, I have contacted the breeder and he was very hostile, dont know why since he sold me a very sick puppy. (he has hookworms & Coccidia) I contacted the breeder on advice from my vet about the Coccidia so he could administer medicine to the other pups he was selling but his concern was just bring the puppy back for a refund. Well, I was not going to do that. I also asked to see a picture of the mother of "Tank" because he has a picture of the Dad on his website. He said he was updating his site and would put one up there..that was before Halloween. I thought that I had done my research on this breeder but I was fooled. His website said he was licensed by the Ga Dept of agriculture but has since taken that off his site. He still has "Tank" listed on NDP...It has cost me so much to take "Tank" back & forth to the vet, but I will not ever give him back to that man. Is it common for Breeders to take the pups away from their mom to ensure a smaller size? When I picked up "Tank" the breeder told me he was still teething as to why his ears were down...I guess my question is how long do they continue teething? Im not sure how old "Tank" is because the breeder told me one thing and the ad thats still on NDP says a total different age. 

Well as it happens I do not really care if "Tank" is purebred at this point because I love him just the same.

Once again thank you so much for your advice.. There is a picture of "Tank" on the pet pictures if you would like to look at him. He's a red & white Chihuahua
It is common for a breeder to offer to take a pet back if the owner is not happy with their choice (within a reasonable amount of time**like 3 days)

The fact that the breeder made the offer of a refund is usually a sign he would be willing to work with you.

I have only had two puppies that I had to re-home, one was from an elderly lady that became unable to walk up and down the stairs to let her dog exercise (she had her for about 2 months) and the other was a financial hardship within 24 hours. Both puppies were resold within a very short time.

I can't think of any reason there would be a delay from the breeder to provide you with a picture of the mom??  It is very easy to take a picture of a dog, it takes a total of - what - maybe an entire second!!  I am at a loss for his delay????  Of course it could be a simple brain fart, and he forgot to send one to you.

About your comment:

Is it common for Breeders to take the pups away from their mom to ensure a smaller size?

I can't think of ANY reason to do such a thing, once a puppy is weaned, they will mature to the size they were meant to be,  unless the puppy is sick, not allowed to eat, or enough food was not provided. In a case like that the puppy would show signs of neglect!

Now about the worms....I use a wormer provided by my vet ** and my puppies will STILL SOMETIMES HAVE WORMS - worms are nasty, resilient little creatures. They will show up out of the blue. Worming is NOT a one time fix, it is a forever, ongoing battle!!

Coccidia is a more dangerious problem, as it doesn't give you much in the way of warning, it tends to sneak up on you. But it is very easy to combat. 

I looked at Tank's picture, if you are not really concerned about his genetic make-up, you may want to wait until he is older and more developed before you chalk him up as not being a full Chihuahua.

There is no way I would hazard a guess on the genetic bloodlines of another breeder, the only bloodlines I am sure of are my own dogs.

The bad part with all this.....it will make it so much harder for the honest breeders to sell puppies because the general public can only be screwed so many times before they simply quite using this site. 

Sorry I tend to go on and on on some subjects.....

If my website address stays on here long enough, check out my health guarantee www.chihuahuamagic.com    

ccridgebacks

QUOTE 11/19/2010 9:19:11 PM
First off, Tracey I hope your hunch is wrong and that your Tank is a purebred. What did the breeders facility look like? Clean, etc.? We don't kennel our dogs as we consider them family. They all run as a pack on 8 acres except for breeding and whelping time. We have guaranteed the health of our dogs and have references to verify. It makes me sad if breeders are taking advantage of people like you, but I would have to agree with the statements of

jchamp52, unless you get a DNA test, there is no way to know. Good Luck!

By the way, jchamp52, you are hilarious! I too would like to be 36-24-36. Ha Ha Ha...
jchamp52

QUOTE 11/20/2010 10:38:18 AM
Hi ccridgebacks,

I really am 36-24-36, the stupid mirror and bathroom scales LIE!!!! 
jchamp52

QUOTE 11/20/2010 12:01:48 PM

Quote jchamp52:

Hi ccridgebacks,

I really am 36-24-36, the stupid mirror and bathroom scales LIE!!!! 

WHAT IS A CALORIE

Calories are evil little creatures that get into your closet at night and sew your cloths tighter!!!!

MY CLOSET IS INFECTED WITH THE LITTLE TURDS

jchamp52

QUOTE 11/22/2010 4:02:20 AM
Hi 24tracey,

Have you had any additional contact with the breeder? Or did you decide to wait and see how Tank developes as he gets older?
24tracey

QUOTE 11/22/2010 9:02:37 AM

Quote ccridgebacks:

First off, Tracey I hope your hunch is wrong and that your Tank is a purebred. What did the breeders facility look like? Clean, etc.? We don't kennel our dogs as we consider them family. They all run as a pack on 8 acres except for breeding and whelping time. We have guaranteed the health of our dogs and have references to verify. It makes me sad if breeders are taking advantage of people like you, but I would have to agree with the statements of

jchamp52, unless you get a DNA test, there is no way to know. Good Luck!

By the way, jchamp52, you are hilarious! I too would like to be 36-24-36. Ha Ha Ha...
Thanks for asking, still not sure if Tank is "purebred", but at this point he has won over my heart and I love him..My female Bella loves him too. He is part of the family now.

As far as his (the breeder)  facilities, well he met me in the front yard. A light bulb should have went off but I was by myself and in a new town and he was a man and I got a lil nervous. I didnt think to much of it because when I picked up Bella 2 years ago, I had to meet the breeder somewhere because of conflicting schedules.

This has not changed my mind about breeders because of one person...

I really appreciate all the responses Ive gotten.

People make fun sometimes because i will "Champion" animals...but  I know they all mean well...........
ccridgebacks

QUOTE 11/22/2010 10:21:07 AM

Quote jchamp52:

WHAT IS A CALORIE

Calories are evil little creatures that get into your closet at night and sew your cloths tighter!!!!

MY CLOSET IS INFECTED WITH THE LITTLE TURDS

Those damn little turds must have gotten into my closet too! Especially after the baby. They must have snuck in while I was in maternity clothes. Now they have gone and ruined my entire closet!
ccridgebacks

QUOTE 11/22/2010 10:31:11 AM

Quote 24tracey:

Thanks for asking, still not sure if Tank is "purebred", but at this point he has won over my heart and I love him..My female Bella loves him too. He is part of the family now.

As far as his (the breeder)  facilities, well he met me in the front yard. A light bulb should have went off but I was by myself and in a new town and he was a man and I got a lil nervous. I didnt think to much of it because when I picked up Bella 2 years ago, I had to meet the breeder somewhere because of conflicting schedules.

This has not changed my mind about breeders because of one person...

I really appreciate all the responses Ive gotten.

People make fun sometimes because i will "Champion" animals...but  I know they all mean well...........
If he has won your heart, that is all that counts. Often times due to the nature of our breen and that they are very difficult to find, we end up shipping most of our dogs via air freight. However, for those that buy locally, I encourage them to come out regularly and visit their pup, play with it and take photos with it while it is in its growing stage. It makes me happy when families come spend the day with us and their new member of the family. For those that are unable to come out, I send plenty of pictures to make them feel like they are part of the process. We are a horse ranch too, so those that are fortunate enough to come out are able to come ride horses on their visit. Puppy litters are always happy times around the Cavallo Creek Farm. :) When I buy dogs, I ALWAYS ALWAYS ask to see their facility, otherwise I will not buy the dog. I want to see clean pens, clean water, etc. Those things are more important than many other things. Usually a suprise visit comes in handy. :) It is extra special when I see nice little things the breeder has done for their dogs. The last pups I bought had their own air conditioned barn with carpet. It was very cut and they were already potty trained. Yeah! I am working on building the same because I thought it was such a cool idea.
24tracey

QUOTE 11/22/2010 11:08:09 AM

Quote jchamp52:

Hi 24tracey,

Have you had any additional contact with the breeder? Or did you decide to wait and see how Tank developes as he gets older?
Hey J.C. , I did decide to wait on Tank..Like I said before at this point I love him very much. I am going to put a copy of letter I wrote to him (breeder) and his response..keep in mind there are 3 letters I wrote him and three different responses. If you are curious about the other two just let me know and I will post them too...

1st letter

November 3, 2010                 

I came to your home last Sunday, October 31, 2010, to pick up a red and white Chihuahua (Tank) for $100.00.  I was lead to believe that this dog is a full blooded Chihuahua; however, when I took Tank to the veterinarian’s office yesterday, November 2, 2010, the vet showed concern that Tank was, in fact, not a full blooded Chihuahua and that he may be a Chihuahua/Jack Russell Terrier mix.  The doctor also told me that Tank seemed to be unhealthy due to the fact that his nails were very white which is a sign of malnutrition.  Tank was also smelly, dirty, and unkempt upon my arrival to your home.  My vet was concerned about the way the transaction took place as you did not allow me to view the mother, Sandy, and I have only seen a picture of the father, Red Baron.

Tank also has hookworms and Coccidia, a possibly fatal parasite.  On your website, you stated that, before purchase, Tank would have already been vet checked, be up-to-date on shots and worming, and come with a health guarantee.  Tank apparently has not received any worming treatment as he has both worms and a parasite.  He also is not healthy, but you did not give me any sort of “health guarantee” as stated you would.

It has already cost me just as much to restore Tank’s health as it cost me to purchase him from you.  I am also concerned as to why you were able to lower the price of this dog from $350.00 to only $100.00 if he truly is a full blooded dog.  Also, I have to take him back to the vet in three weeks for another check up because of his health problems.  I feel as though you have misrepresented yourself and your “full-blooded” Chihuahuas by stating that you are ID Certified by NextDayPets and affiliated with the Georgia Department of Agriculture.  I do not believe that you are affiliated with these two organizations or you would not conduct business in the way that you have.

Although I love Tank to death, and have since I first saw him on your site, I am concerned for the wellbeing of not only him, but also the other puppies you are breeding and selling.  I have done some reading on the problems Tank currently has, and I found that “if one dog of a litter has coccidiosis, then most certainly all dogs at a breeder's kennels have active coccidia infections. Breeders should be notified if a newly-acquired pup is discovered to be infected with coccidia. Breeders can take steps to eradicate the organism from their kennels, including applying medications in bulk to an entire facility.”  I was told by the vet that I have a responsibility as Tank’s new owner to let you know for other possible pet owners that your other puppies have more than likely also been exposed to the parasite and worms that Tank has.

I am requesting that you refund me half of my purchase price ($50.00) as I feel I have been misled into believing that you were an accredited dog breeder; it seems as though you are running a puppy mill.  I am going to keep Tank as I have already spent a great deal on him to correct his malnutrition and health problems, and I have already become attached to the puppy.  However, I am extremely unhappy about the business you are running and do not feel as though I should have been misled by you.

You can contact me by phone, or by email, in order to resolve this matter.  If we are unable to come to an agreement, I will contact both of your “partners” to resolve this matter and make sure you do not mislead any other customers.             

Sincerely,

Tracey

His response...

Received on Nov. 4, 2010  1:06 pm

I assure you your puppy received the best care here possible. I am by no means a puppy mill and if you wanted to see the parents all you had to do was ask. If you want a refund I will issue you a full refund upon return of the puppy. Evidently your vet doesn't know dogs to well whereas both parents are full blooded chihuahuas. I don't now or never have had a jack russel terrier. Please let me know when to expect you to return the puppy so I can be here to givwe you your refund. The reason I markwed his price lower is because he was getting older and they are not as easy to sale when they get his age. If you encountered problems I am sorry but he did get proper treatment here. I am not a puppy mill and am licensed.

Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

Post Reply New Topic