2 cats + 1 dog= ???????????

2 cats + 1 dog= ???????????

musiclover125588

QUOTE 12/31/2009 5:21:26 PM
Right now I have two cats and I'm thinking about adopting a dog. I've had my cats for 5 years now without any other pets and I don't know how they would react to a dog and vice versa. The only person I know that has both cats and dogs is my step mom. The only thing is that her cats have their own room, and it seems that because they have their own room she doesn't give them enough attention. I want to be able to give all my pets the attention they need. So should I just forget getting a dog?
vangoghpro

QUOTE 1/1/2010 10:36:39 AM
Hi,
I have two cats and two golden retrievers who share the house equally. I also take care of my sister's dogs at my house occasionally. Her dogs are a shepherd mix and a doberman mix. They all get along fine and sometimes the male cat will cuddle up with the two goldens. The two cats can take care of themselves and will occasionally swat a dog that is playing too roughly nearby. 
The only negative I have found is that when the cats walk away from their dinner before they have finished it, the dogs may swoop in and finish the food. I just have to watch to make sure they don't do that. 
I highly recommend the mix of cats and dogs. Perhaps you can find an adoption agency where the dog has been fostered in a home with cats, and its disposition with cats is already known.

Post Reply New Topic