This is for: nextdaypetsforumhelp

This is for: nextdaypetsforumhelp

jchamp52

QUOTE 10/1/2009 4:45:48 PM
Has NDP figured out a method to keep us logged in longer than a few minutes yet?  It is such a bother to be in the middle of something and be kicked off site, because naturally you loose everything you have typed up to that point.

Can NDP be programmed to let us stay on for 24 hours like many sites do?    I know this question hasbeen brought up before, but I still don't see any improvement in the time allowed before we get kicked out. 

runningridge

QUOTE 10/8/2009 10:28:32 AM
I second the 24 hour log-in
dihart

QUOTE 10/8/2009 11:29:34 AM
ME TOO!!
jchamp52

QUOTE 10/9/2009 12:11:37 AM

Quote runningridge:

I second the 24 hour log-in
Well at least you and dihart are kind enough to respond to my question, which is more than I can say for NDP.

It is really a pain in the butt when you have to get up to let a puppy out or get a drink of water, only to come back and find out you have been thrown off site AGAIN !!!!!!

I wonder how many prospective customers NDP has lost just because they got sick of being tossed off site, I know I wouldn't purchase from a site that did it on a consistant basis like they do.

OH...it feels so good to vent.
runningridge

QUOTE 10/9/2009 1:43:12 PM

Quote jchamp52:

Well at least you and dihart are kind enough to respond to my question, which is more than I can say for NDP.

It is really a pain in the butt when you have to get up to let a puppy out or get a drink of water, only to come back and find out you have been thrown off site AGAIN !!!!!!

I wonder how many prospective customers NDP has lost just because they got sick of being tossed off site, I know I wouldn't purchase from a site that did it on a consistant basis like they do.

OH...it feels so good to vent.
If it relieves your stress to Vent then go ahead and Vent away.  We're heading into the un-manned weekend hours sooooo ............
jchamp52

QUOTE 10/9/2009 2:49:46 PM
My question was placed well before the un-manned weekend and I still don't have a reply....so I guess the time you post really is of no matter.

But that is OK, I have just about give up on any help from NDP, at least before I have completely forgotten the question I had asked in the first place.

At least other members are on here all the time and are willing to listen and assist if they can.

I often forget to say it...but  THANK  YOU  to the members on here that try to answer and help the rest of us that are often stumbling around in the dark.
runningridge

QUOTE 10/10/2009 8:23:31 PM

Quote jchamp52:

My question was placed well before the un-manned weekend and I still don't have a reply....so I guess the time you post really is of no matter.

But that is OK, I have just about give up on any help from NDP, at least before I have completely forgotten the question I had asked in the first place.

At least other members are on here all the time and are willing to listen and assist if they can.

I often forget to say it...but  THANK  YOU  to the members on here that try to answer and help the rest of us that are often stumbling around in the dark.
  Maybe I'm nuts but NDP has to be feeling the crunch with their new

website as I posted a Featured Ad yesterday and as of today it is still

NUMBER 2 so that pretty well says that their ads have hit rock bottom.

When my current time is up - I'll be departing for better seas. 

I don't think it is anybody's business what dogs I have SOLD in the past and

won't continue to use a website that feels it is anybody's business that deems to

get on this site.

When a #2 ad gets NO RESPONSES  then it's pretty apparent that NOBODY

is being able to make it to the Puppy Ads any more.

I don't like the FRONT - HOME page as it is confusing even to me and I know

where I'm supposed to be going.  All of those drop down menus, that dang

PUPPYMATCH sign that floats across my screen and the confusing method of

being able to go to a BREED is ridiculious.

I spent $100.00 in featured ads over the last month to get 3 emails TOTAL. 
beaglebrat

QUOTE 10/11/2009 8:53:12 PM
I have news, it isn't just this site. I advertise pretty heavily, and on another pet forum, I asked the question, about IS IT DEAD FOR EVERYONE? And almost every other breeder in every breed on the other site, said end of September and October have been DEAD DEAD DEAD.

I can attest to that. My Boxers have been tanking on this and every other site the past few weeks. My other breed, was also slow for a minute, but then I ended up selling my last 3 puppies this weekend.

The past month has been slow selling for almost every breed too. Not just mine and yours. I was talking to another breeder friend about it, and she reminded me that fall is often slow, with kids getting back to school and people thinking about getting their cars and homes prepared for winter, heating bills, and the cold weather change to most states. People aren't exactly thinking it is "bring home puppy" weather.

The Boxer calls I seem to be getting aren't from new people, but people who have recently lost a dog that they are looking to replace immediately.

So........Hold on kids. Remember....... Christmas season is coming up. Puppies will by flying out the door like Reindeer :)

I am lucky, I had a great end of summer and early September. I can ride out the next few months if I don't sell any puppies. I feel bad and scared for a few of my friends that have more than a couple dogs, no puppies selling, and I really don't know what they are going to do to even feed their dogs and not lose their homes. 

dihart

QUOTE 10/11/2009 10:15:14 PM
 pray for them.
runningridge

QUOTE 10/12/2009 9:54:25 AM

Quote beaglebrat:

I have news, it isn't just this site. I advertise pretty heavily, and on another pet forum, I asked the question, about IS IT DEAD FOR EVERYONE? And almost every other breeder in every breed on the other site, said end of September and October have been DEAD DEAD DEAD.

I can attest to that. My Boxers have been tanking on this and every other site the past few weeks. My other breed, was also slow for a minute, but then I ended up selling my last 3 puppies this weekend.

The past month has been slow selling for almost every breed too. Not just mine and yours. I was talking to another breeder friend about it, and she reminded me that fall is often slow, with kids getting back to school and people thinking about getting their cars and homes prepared for winter, heating bills, and the cold weather change to most states. People aren't exactly thinking it is "bring home puppy" weather.

The Boxer calls I seem to be getting aren't from new people, but people who have recently lost a dog that they are looking to replace immediately.

So........Hold on kids. Remember....... Christmas season is coming up. Puppies will by flying out the door like Reindeer :)

I am lucky, I had a great end of summer and early September. I can ride out the next few months if I don't sell any puppies. I feel bad and scared for a few of my friends that have more than a couple dogs, no puppies selling, and I really don't know what they are going to do to even feed their dogs and not lose their homes. 

I've been doing this for 25 years and I've never had sales this slow but then I've never seen so many jumping into breeding either.  Most are IN and OUT within a year but there are LOTS trying their hand at it now which is flooding the market.

Summer months over the last 5 or 6 years have been slow sales but never this bad.  Even with slow sales I usually get inquiries but I'm probably only seeing a 3rd of what I'm used to.  I guess it's a mental thing.  If I get inquiries there is

hope but when I get none - Hope flys out the window and frustration sets in.

Problem with Christmas is that the puppies we have now won't be of the age

Christmas Shoppers are looking for.  Breeders can't put a puppy on the shelf and

just count it as inventory awaiting for a buyer.  

I'll survive but like you I'm worried about both the Breeders that can't make ends meet without the sales and the dogs that belong to those breeders.

My second problem is that I get attached to my puppies and the longer they

stay the harder it is to let them go.  I can psyche myself for 8 to 10 weeks

but it seems after that I feel guilty that I'm not keeping them.  Hubby will be

glad to inform you that I don't need any more dogs so my mental condition

will just have to suffer!!!! lol!

I raised Boxers for 15 years - LOVE 'EM ... Have 1 last female still with us but

she is getting OLD.  Hurt my back and couldn't handle the puppies so went to smaller breed.  The little breeds are nice but they aren't my Boxers.   Have a Giant Schnauzer that we use for Search and Rescue and he is a great dog also.

It's funny how folks see the Boxer and gravitate toward her but when they see the Giant Schnauzer they pull away and yet the Boxer is the one that shouldn't be approached and all the Schnauzer wants is some loving. 
nextdaypetsforumhelp

QUOTE 10/12/2009 11:17:50 AM
Regarding the session time out some of you are experiencing: At the moment, you should remain logged in for 1 hour (which is longer than before the site change-over in late June). We are not sure why some of you are finding that you are logged out before that amount of time, and have not been able to recreate that problem on our computers in the office or at our homes. Our programmers intend to further extend the length of your logged in sessions (beyond one hour), however, they are presently consumed with immediate matters of development and maintenance. This issue will be attended to as soon as possible.

beaglebrat

QUOTE 10/12/2009 1:21:01 PM

Quote nextdaypetsforumhelp:

Regarding the session time out some of you are experiencing: At the moment, you should remain logged in for 1 hour (which is longer than before the site change-over in late June). We are not sure why some of you are finding that you are logged out before that amount of time, and have not been able to recreate that problem on our computers in the office or at our homes. Our programmers intend to further extend the length of your logged in sessions (beyond one hour), however, they are presently consumed with immediate matters of development and maintenance. This issue will be attended to as soon as possible.

I don't  know when that has been extended to 60 minutes, but I can tell you as of last Friday, it would kick you off at about 20 minutes. I have 2 separate accounts, one for each breed I raise, and it is true for both of them.

You have a very short window between when you can "relist" to the top and when it will just log you out. Nowhere even near an hour, not near a 1/2 hour. So the result is people having to relog in almost every time they need to "relist" and it does get VERY irritating.

nextdaypetsforumhelp

QUOTE 10/12/2009 2:10:36 PM
beaglebrat-

I'm not sure why you're being timed out after 20 minutes as we have the site programed to automatically log users out after one hour. However, I can completely understand your frustration, and the fact that you are being timed out after such a short time makes the issue a significant priority which we are looking into immediately.

beaglebrat

QUOTE 10/13/2009 10:58:53 AM
I checked yesterday and it is letting me stay logged in for longer, but not for a consistent time. Like sometimes it was kicking me off after about 30 minutes, sometimes 40 minutes, but I have never been allowed to stay logged on 60 minutes and yesterday I was keeping very good track of the time and specifically only relisted at certain times just to see how long it kept me logged on.

Thanks for trying.

nextdaypetsforumhelp

QUOTE 10/13/2009 5:05:05 PM
Thanks for both the continued feedback and the support beaglebrat. Your specific comments about time are extremely helpful details for helping our developers figure out the problem.  Please bare with us and we should have it fixed soon.

Post Reply New Topic