ATTENTION RESCUES

ATTENTION RESCUES

nextdaypetsforumhelp

QUOTE 9/29/2009 1:04:28 PM
Next Day Pets would love to help you find loving forever homes for your rescue dogs.

We are beginning our DAILY RESCUE postings today!! Check in with us on FaceBook and Twitter and see if your pooch is featured.

We are only choosing dogs who are definitely rescues (scammers, I’m looking at you!) If you are a legitimate rescue organization or dog owner who needs to find a new home for a family friend and would like to contact us with pics and a story about why your pooch should be a DAILY RESCUE feel free to email htarpenning@nextdaypets.com. Do you have lots of dogs at your rescue? Well then first, absolutely post them on our dog rescue pages. After that, contact us and we’ll keep your pups in mind.

beaglebrat

QUOTE 9/30/2009 2:55:28 PM
I am curious as to what is meant by Legitimate Rescues vs. SCAMMERS??? Do you mean scammer, scammers, or do you mean breeders placing adult dogs?

I will tell you right now that if I have or know of a retiring purebred dog that is 2 years old or older and spay/neutered I put it in the rescue section.

If the 2 options on this site are "Puppies" or "Rescue", I would say the rescue section is more appropriate, even if the dog is coming from a "breeder".

I am not saying adults being sold with full breeding rights for a lot of money, I am talking about dogs that are spay/neutered and have low fees to cover vet bills-- those should not have to compete in the "Puppy section" because people in the puppy section aren't looking for those types of dogs they want puppies.

nextdaypetsforumhelp

QUOTE 9/30/2009 4:49:43 PM
I mean only that we will be helping, via Rescue of the Day to promote only dogs that  a) actually exist, and b) are not just puppies listed by breeders who are abusing the fact that listing as a rescue is free and capitalizing on buyers who are specifically looking to rescue a dog and not just purchase one intentionally bred for sale (those such breeders are removed from our rescue pages whenever we find that that is the case)

The idea of Rescue of the Day is to help dogs who have been or are
about to be displaced from their homes to find forever homes.

At present, our rescue section is the best place on our site to list any adult dog. However, these pages are not to be used for the sale of dogs for profit. The idea is that they are dogs who otherwise have no place else to go, and would otherwise be placed in a shelter, or are already in shelters or with rescue organizations.

winddial

QUOTE 10/1/2009 12:52:38 PM
I'm curious.  Some breeders occasionally will take in a rescue on their own accord, maybe helping someone out in their community that has their breed and decides to take it in or maybe picks one up at the shelter, are they allowed to put that in the rescue section?  The breeder may otherwise advertise puppies here but what if they pick up a rescue or two now and then? 

I don't expect them to make it Pet of the Day but just can they post something like that in the rescue section at all?  Or do you have to stay true to one side or the other? 
testbreeder

QUOTE 10/1/2009 1:23:32 PM

Quote winddial:

I'm curious.  Some breeders occasionally will take in a rescue on their own accord, maybe helping someone out in their community that has their breed and decides to take it in or maybe picks one up at the shelter, are they allowed to put that in the rescue section?  The breeder may otherwise advertise puppies here but what if they pick up a rescue or two now and then? 

I don't expect them to make it Pet of the Day but just can they post something like that in the rescue section at all?  Or do you have to stay true to one side or the other? 
Just because you are a breeder does not mean you may not post rescue listings. For example, lets say a breeder sees some poor lonely dog on the side of the road one day and takes him in until he is healthy and deemed in good shape for adoption. That breeder could list that dog on the rescue side.

Let me be completely clear: The reason our rescue/adoption listings are free is because they are in no way intended for those attempting to profit on the sale of the listed dogs.

Asking an adoption fee for a dog is intended to ensure that the adopter is serious about getting a dog, and is not just going to turn around and put that dog back in the shelter/rescue system down the road. Occasionally rescues/original families will ask a little extra to cover specific medical care, spay/neuter operations, or for the cost of a crate and other accessories if they are included. If this is the case, we recommend that the listing party mention this on the listing so that prospective adopters understand that when considering the adoption fee for that dog.

nextdaypetsforumhelp

QUOTE 10/1/2009 2:13:52 PM
  Just so you guys know, the above post was supposed to be posted under this user name. I was using a test account to check on some processes elsewhere on the site and neglected to switch over. Sorry for any confusion

beaglebrat

QUOTE 10/21/2009 12:15:12 PM
At the same time, it is frustrating when people are clearly SELLING dogs on the rescue section for $500+ with papers and full breeding rights.

I think those should go in the puppy sales section, but that is just my opinion.

Post Reply New Topic