My mom's dog, part 2.

My mom's dog, part 2.

beaglebrat

QUOTE 9/3/2009 9:50:29 AM
I came on here earlier this spring on another persons thread. I think about Animal Abuse. I have tried looking through almost every post in General dog talk and I still can't find it.

Anyway, I said that I was tempted to call Animal Control on my mother, because she allowed a very well bred, expensive dog that I pretty much gave her, to run the roads.

I said that she was going to get lost, stolen or killed.

I recall Moggie jumping down my throat about wanting to call on my mom, and maybe my mom didn't believe in "penning a dog up",

Maybe it was cruel how I kept my dogs contained.

Well.............all my dogs are alive and the $1800 Champion sired flashy fawn bitch of my mothers is dead. With a 5 week old litter on the ground, no less.

I have told my mom and told my mom. My husband and I thought about stealing the dog back, to keep her safe, but we didn't.

My mom called and said "I have bad news, ____ is dead." I started yelling at her, and she said, "don't yell at me, I feel bad enough."

I said "You should, this is completely your fault."

And I hung up on her. She is a neglectful dog owner and she did not value the caliber of dog she was given.

She will never have one of my dogs again as long as I live. She couldn't buy a dog from me. I am so upset about this on so many different levels.

nextdaypetsforumhelp

QUOTE 9/3/2009 3:29:12 PM
We at Next Day Pets would like to offer our condolences. Every time one puts one of his or her carefully and lovingly raised puppies in the hands of another, one cannot help but wonder what kind of care that dog will receive. We can only do our best to screen carefully and hope that the homes we choose are as safe and loving as the homes we, ourselves, would provide.

We are saddened that this has happened, but glad you chose to share the story with our community. Perhaps this tale will serve as a warning to those who choose to let their dogs run rather than keeping them safe within the range of their watchful eyes.

arlohound

QUOTE 9/3/2009 5:19:07 PM
Hey, are you guys aware of Arlo's Daily Tips? It's my section of the Articles part of Next Day Pets. Every day I post tips, tricks, and info to make dog lovers lives easier and more interesting.

Anyway, I dedicated today's article to the memory of the dog Beaglebrat is mourning. Why Dogs Shouldnt Roam

jchamp52

QUOTE 9/4/2009 5:13:52 PM

Quote beaglebrat:

I came on here earlier this spring on another persons thread. I think about Animal Abuse. I have tried looking through almost every post in General dog talk and I still can't find it.

Anyway, I said that I was tempted to call Animal Control on my mother, because she allowed a very well bred, expensive dog that I pretty much gave her, to run the roads.

I said that she was going to get lost, stolen or killed.

I recall Moggie jumping down my throat about wanting to call on my mom, and maybe my mom didn't believe in "penning a dog up",

Maybe it was cruel how I kept my dogs contained.

Well.............all my dogs are alive and the $1800 Champion sired flashy fawn bitch of my mothers is dead. With a 5 week old litter on the ground, no less.

I have told my mom and told my mom. My husband and I thought about stealing the dog back, to keep her safe, but we didn't.

My mom called and said "I have bad news, ____ is dead." I started yelling at her, and she said, "don't yell at me, I feel bad enough."

I said "You should, this is completely your fault."

And I hung up on her. She is a neglectful dog owner and she did not value the caliber of dog she was given.

She will never have one of my dogs again as long as I live. She couldn't buy a dog from me. I am so upset about this on so many different levels.

Just because the person is family does not keep them from being stupid.

You should have stole the dog back, at least she would be alive!!

It still amazes me how stupid people can be, you had every right to yell at her.

I know it doesn't help you or her 5 week old babies (I hope you were at least able to get the babies) but as you said she will know NEVER get another dog from you.  I wouldn't even trust her with a stuffed animal!! 
Post Reply New Topic