Desired Changes to NDP

Desired Changes to NDP

runningridge

QUOTE 8/29/2009 2:54:03 PM
NDP - I'd like to see 2 changes to the set up.  I'd like to have the option of whether or not I want everybody to be able to see the puppies I have previously

SOLD - I personally don't see where that is any of their business.

I've also already had 2 inquire about PREVIOUS puppies I've sold as it's too

confusing for the ones browsing to understand what all of the buttons are for

and many just simply don't pay attention to what is there but are looking at

the pictures only.  These 'lookers' see one they like so then rather than buy

one of mine that is actually for sale, they start inquiring about when I'll have

another one like that one or else they go look for one like the one I HAD posted.

2nd - I'd like to have the option of whether or not they can view ALL of my ads.

Actually this request is from my sister-in-law as she shares an ad listing with 3

other breeders as none of them have enough to keep an ongoing listing but

it makes them all look like they raise multiple breeds when in reality 1 has 1

breed and the other 3 have 2 breeds - All of their breeds are different though

so when they all post it looks like the poster has 7 breeds of dogs.  I know you

would prefer they all get their own account but at least this way you are getting

a monthly fee from them as otherwise none of them would do an account as

it isn't worth it to them as they don't have puppies that often.

Come on NDP - help us out here - We're supporting you on a monthly basis and

on our websites and it seems your out to sabatoge our reputations and sales.

BTW - Thanks for fixing my account where I had screwed it up by not understanding what all of the new stuff did.
runningridge

QUOTE 8/30/2009 4:21:04 PM
I'd like for NDP to rethink some of their policies on what they are advising the

BUYER to do in order to possibly avoid being scammed.

1.  Telling them they should ask for References - How many FRIENDS do you

think these breeders have that they could send you to for references.  This is

leading them into a false sense of security and Scam Artist are well equipped

for this request.  This is the day of CELL PHONES and it's quite easy for

you to call the same person you just talked to on 15 different numbers. 

2.  Vet References - My vet USED to give References and when it got to the

point he was spending more time giving References to his clients than he was

actually attending to dogs he had to make a policy of "No References".  I imagine

most vets that are good and well liked would be busy as well and not have time

for reference giving.

3.  Using the HSUS OPINION of what makes a good breeder - How in the heck would the HSUS know - Are they breeders? - NO ...  How many animal holding facilities does HSUS personally own? - NONE ...  How much money in a year does the HSUS actually give to shelters or animals in need?  VERY LITTLE, as a matter of fact it's a very well known fact that the VAST MAJORITY of their funds goes to ADMINISTRATION FEES, Legislation fees to stop the breeding of animals and for ADVERTISING to get more revenue.

Do you have ANY IDEA how much money the HSUS has now?  They could pay to spay/neuter every dog in the United States for people who wish for theirs to be spayed/neutered and it still wouldn't put a dent in their coffers.  Do you REALLY THINK this group is worthy of being "QUOTED"?

Are you aware of the many "DISASTERS" that HSUS used to bring in funds but

failed to help the animals they proclaimed to be collecting the money for? 

I don't see any of these organizations such as PETA and HSUS on scene helping any animals.  They are only after MONEY and are very adapt at getting it and

their agenda is to STOP BREEDERS TOTALLY.

4.  The breeder SHOULD ASK ... these items are 100% totally ridiculious.  These folks are strangers to you and they could lie out their Pipe hole till the

cows came home and WILL if need be so to think that I have to ASK those

questions to be a good breeder is about the most ridiculious thing I have ever

heard.  I prefer to communicate with my buyers, give them the information

they request and let them openly tell me about themselves without having them

fill out a questionaire/survey that they feel the need to LIE on in order to purchase

a puppy from me. 
beaglebrat

QUOTE 8/31/2009 8:07:33 PM
Dearest Nextdaypets computer staff--

I often feel trapped by the computer and have developed an Obsessive Compulsive Disorder concerning relisting ads on your website, as well as another big puppy finding site.

I would like it to be known that I would pay a higher premium monthly rate, or slightly higher prices to feature ads if they were AUTOMATICALLY RELISTED every 10 minutes for the duration of their featured day.

I mean, come on. We are already paying. A per day fee. Why not make our lives easier???? Please please please!

I will tell you it can be done. Because my husband had a program on our old computer that relisted our ads automatically on that "other site" and it worked very well.

beaglebrat

QUOTE 8/31/2009 8:11:33 PM
Honestly, for $5 per day they should automatically be relisted every 10 minutes. Then with this logging out business.... where you are trying to catch the ad  after the 10 minutes..............but before you log out

IS DRIVING ME INSANE! Seriously. I need to step away from the computer.

katiekat33

QUOTE 8/31/2009 9:06:01 PM
I'm with you on this one, Beaglebrat - that's why I'm gravitating to the "other"  site....
beaglebrat

QUOTE 8/31/2009 9:14:22 PM
Well the other site is at least cheaper. If you miss a day, you don't feel like you are wasting a ton of money.

Both methods are pretty sucky. I mean, it is like the breeder that sits on the computer longest wins.

katiekat33

QUOTE 8/31/2009 10:12:42 PM
Very true!  I would hate to figure up how much of my life has been spent sitting on the computer!  Didn't someone on the forums here say that the other site is actually faster and gets more hits than this one?  I thought I remembered reading that in a post.  I did check out the website they referenced to get the information and it was very interesting.  I'd like to check it out again because I'm getting better results from the other site than I am this one, and that's been consistent since July and this site changed the layout.
beaglebrat

QUOTE 8/31/2009 10:38:28 PM
See..... back relisting again! In all honesty, this has been the best site for me for at least the last 12-18 months, even after the changes. I get far more inquires and far more actual sales from this site.

The other "Puppy find ing" site...... I am about to close my account even though it is only $20 per month, because I spend a lot of time relisting with very littler results. At least my relisting WORKS on this site.

The other site has about 2-3x's as many puppies in both of my breeds though. So I have a lot more competition, and people have to weed through a lot of ads to find mine (or I would need to be on the computer 24/7).

This, at least since I pay for it, one of my ads is always at the top for the day. Like today, I have someone coming out on Saturday from the puppy I have featured today.  Coincience? I think not.

beaglebrat

QUOTE 8/31/2009 10:40:58 PM
Hey, I should get some "video credits" for promoting more people to feature ads....hahaha.  *eye roll*

maoseger1010

QUOTE 9/1/2009 10:25:30 PM
What does all this breeder complaining have to do with General Dog Talk? If you want to complain about the site click on the Customer service link ( or email support@nextdaypets.com) and complain directly to the Administration and free up the forum for people who want to enjoy the site and talk about pet related topics.
katiekat33

QUOTE 9/2/2009 12:00:19 AM

Quote maoseger1010:

What does all this breeder complaining have to do with General Dog Talk? If you want to complain about the site click on the Customer service link ( or email support@nextdaypets.com) and complain directly to the Administration and free up the forum for people who want to enjoy the site and talk about pet related topics.
I know people who have directly emailed customer service and have not received a reply.....  and it's not just me, it's several people in my part of our state who raise puppies.  Believe me, we've all talked about the negative changes to this website.....
nextdaypetsforumhelp

QUOTE 9/2/2009 2:05:26 PM
Hey folks. Just here to let you know that it is ok to talk about problems you are having in the forums. We are always happy to hear your feedback. In the forums we can compare and contrast what different users are saying and our more content users have the opportunity to reply to complaints as well. Sometimes we even have breeders who have a chance to explain to unhappy users what they can do to solve their problems before our customer service team has the chance to reach them individually.

However, the more approriate place for this type of discussion is the Fire Hydrant forum. If you take a look through the descriptions of each forum's purpose, you'll see that the Fire Hydrant is the place for "pet people to hang out and talk about whatever you want. It’s like the water cooler at the office." So chat away everybody, and we'll be here reading what you have to say and doing everything we can to keep our E-Community happy.

winddial

QUOTE 9/4/2009 8:28:57 PM
Beagle that website tracking site is alexa.com  .  Keep in mind though that the number of pages for this site and the other vary quite a bit because on the other site makes you click on the individual pictures so that ads the number of page clicks per visitor where as NDP they can view the pictures without going to another page.  This affects the overall ratings. 
Post Reply New Topic