PET PEEVE

PET PEEVE

jchamp52

QUOTE 8/19/2009 2:08:26 AM
I simply can't understand why an individual would go to all the effort to post a PUPPY  WANTED ad, and then not have the common courtesy to answer the breeder responding to their request. 

If they answer, do they think we will crawl through the computer and bite their heads off!!!

How difficult can it be to send a short courtesy reply?  Have they completely forgotten all common manners?

I live in a small southern town with a very slow market for dogs, so I sell about 90% of my pets via the internet.  

I respond to any adds that I feel will match my puppies, I am truly amazed at the low percentage of people that will take the time and effort to respond.
robntess

QUOTE 8/19/2009 11:12:19 AM
I have been trying to contact a breeder for 3 days telephone emails,No reply we are really interested in one of their puppies is this a scam or real people.

FRUSTRATED
diannalee

QUOTE 8/19/2009 11:20:38 AM
I am sorry but perhaps the person found a dog already,  or their computer broke down.  However I am looking for a small female toy poodle any color I have never bought from the internet and am a little nervous I have heard alot of horor stories. I am from Ma. The prices have really jumped since I last looked.  If you can help me out I will return the reply.

thank you

dianna
jchamp52

QUOTE 8/19/2009 12:28:39 PM

Quote diannalee:

I am sorry but perhaps the person found a dog already,  or their computer broke down.  However I am looking for a small female toy poodle any color I have never bought from the internet and am a little nervous I have heard alot of horor stories. I am from Ma. The prices have really jumped since I last looked.  If you can help me out I will return the reply.

thank you

dianna
Hi Dianna,

Wish I could help you, but my breed is Chihuahua.

Do you know how to search for puppies on this site?  If not I will be more than happy to assist.  I just checked toy poodles listed by breeders for sale,

I found 3 that are in MA.  Their cost were between 500. and 800. 
beaglebrat

QUOTE 8/19/2009 3:03:49 PM

Quote robntess:

I have been trying to contact a breeder for 3 days telephone emails,No reply we are really interested in one of their puppies is this a scam or real people.

FRUSTRATED
Oh my Gosh! Why on earth would you want to contact them? Lancaster County Pennsylvania is known to be one of the biggest puppymill counties IN AMERICA!!!!

So don't you think a website named after that is going to be a puppymill? Please do not support mass breeders that keep hundreds of breeding dogs in little cages, raising them like chickens.

Even if you get lucky enough to have a HEALTHY, sane puppy......what you are sentencing the parents to live through should be a crime.

jchamp52

QUOTE 8/19/2009 5:44:48 PM

Quote beaglebrat:

Oh my Gosh! Why on earth would you want to contact them? Lancaster County Pennsylvania is known to be one of the biggest puppymill counties IN AMERICA!!!!

So don't you think a website named after that is going to be a puppymill? Please do not support mass breeders that keep hundreds of breeding dogs in little cages, raising them like chickens.

Even if you get lucky enough to have a HEALTHY, sane puppy......what you are sentencing the parents to live through should be a crime.

I was going to say not to judge the breeder before you knew anything about them...UNTIL I LOOKED AT THEIR SITE -- OMG!!!!

They have 69 full and/or mixed breeds listed - with several puppies in each breed available.

There is NO way they can care for that many babies and adults, unless they have 100 people working for them.

I only have 8 breeding females and it is a 24/7/365 job for me.
winddial

QUOTE 8/19/2009 9:16:24 PM
That website lists for a group of other's, not a single individual.  They go around to the breeders houses taking pictures of the puppies for them and putting them on the internet so that isn't one person raising all of them.  As for the reputation I have no clue and being a forum I will not openly discuss my suspicions. Would I buy from them?  No. 

They have puppies listed in my breed here, and if you go look at all their listings and click on each of them, there is usually a variety of different contact names, the actual breeders I assume. 

jchamp52

QUOTE 8/19/2009 10:17:11 PM

Quote winddial:

That website lists for a group of other's, not a single individual.  They go around to the breeders houses taking pictures of the puppies for them and putting them on the internet so that isn't one person raising all of them.  As for the reputation I have no clue and being a forum I will not openly discuss my suspicions. Would I buy from them?  No. 

They have puppies listed in my breed here, and if you go look at all their listings and click on each of them, there is usually a variety of different contact names, the actual breeders I assume. 

That explains a lot, thanks winddial.

I guess if that method works for the breeder, it may be the only avenue to sell their pups, much the way NDP is for me since I don't have the funds to do more extensive advertising on my own.

beaglebrat

QUOTE 8/19/2009 10:47:32 PM
Lancaster County is still one of the most notorious Puppy Mill counties out there. I have listed puppies from time to time for GOOD FRIENDS, with equal quality dogs, or better than my own. As a favor and not for profit, because they are older ladies and they have helped me out with dog things.

At best, what this "group" is doing is nothing more than an online brokering system, not any better or different than a pet store situation.

It is funny if I seem anti-breeder, because I am very much for breeder rights (overall) and for responsible dog breeders to be successful.

That is why I started posting on this forum several years ago, when it was ALL RESCUE PEOPLE WHO HATED ANY BREEDERS with more than a dog or two. The people in the past on here were telling people NOT to buy puppies from this site at all, and no responsible breeders advertise on the internet, etc, etc......

So, I am for breeders. I love dog breeding. I make a good living, better than average, doing what I love. I have a Degree in Social Work, but I don't want to do anything other than dog breeding until I die, because dogs make me happy. Puppies make me happy. I am proud of the dogs I raise. They have become my life's work.

I just don't like the absolute mass producers that give everyone a bad name, that make it more difficult for me to sell puppies on the internet, and that give the animal rights nuts, shelter people, anti-breeder people ammunition against ALL breeders.

They kind of ruin it for everyone and are the reason why a lot of this breeder regulation legislation (say that 3 times LOL) is being passed, and that is a slippery slope that may effect us all one day. 

winddial

QUOTE 8/19/2009 11:33:07 PM
I know about the Lancaster Co. reputation, I was just clarifying the websites operation. 

As for the reputation, I really try to stear away from labeling anyone just based on where they are from.  I live in Missouri which also gets a bad rap so I know what its like to get sneared at just because of your address.  I personally would not buy one from that website which happens to bare the name but the county in general I would not contraband it if and when I go looking for an addition to my program.  I just added a new AKC CH about two weeks ago, I can't really afford to add anymore for a while. 
robntess

QUOTE 8/20/2009 2:10:59 PM
Well Thank you all for your replys and opinions I have went somewhere else and purchased a wonderful Springer Spaniel and our family is very much happy with our choice. I wish they could do away with the puppy mills the are terrible i agree whole heartedly.

Robert
Post Reply New Topic