Eukanuba and IAMS found guilty for animal testing!

Eukanuba and IAMS found guilty for animal testing!

diggerkristin

QUOTE 8/8/2005 1:41:51 PM
ill vouch for mia
i saw it for sale.. its a dog food also
pennymybaby

QUOTE 8/8/2005 4:12:48 PM
Chicken Soup for the Dog Lover's Soul IS a dog food! DUH! Science Diet is a bad food ebcause it contains fillers, by-products and it's not human grade. Obviously you have no nutrition education and maybe you for you open your mouth, do some research! Here is Chicken Soup's website, so ha ha!

http://www.chickensoupforthepetloverssoul.com/
miapicina

QUOTE 8/9/2005 12:29:50 AM

Quote diggerkristin:

ill vouch for mia
i saw it for sale.. its a dog food also
miapicina

QUOTE 8/9/2005 12:30:08 AM

Quote pennymybaby:

Chicken Soup for the Dog Lover's Soul IS a dog food! DUH! Science Diet is a bad food ebcause it contains fillers, by-products and it's not human grade. Obviously you have no nutrition education and maybe you for you open your mouth, do some research! Here is Chicken Soup's website, so ha ha!

ambulldogpup

QUOTE 8/9/2005 9:10:10 AM

Quote pennymybaby:

FINE! My dog is perfectly healthy and fit and I feed her Science Diet! I've fed Science Diet for her whole life. She's absolutely crazy over her food and could care less if it had preservatives, fillers, or whatever you said was in it.
ambulldogpup

QUOTE 8/9/2005 9:24:56 AM
Penny, I also suggest you visit this!!

http://www.hillspet.com/zSkin_2/owner/hills_philosophy.jsp?FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=2534374302025367&CONTENT%3C%3Ecnt_id=10134198673219867&bmUID=1123593960858

Copy and Paste that into your URL bar.
pennymybaby

QUOTE 8/9/2005 10:09:08 AM
Oh wow, so you don't care what you feed your "baby?" Well thanks for telling all of us! BTW, MiaPicina, did you have any luck switching your dog's food? If you haven't yet, good luck! And thanks...
ambulldogpup

QUOTE 8/9/2005 10:29:30 AM

Quote pennymybaby:

Oh wow, so you don't care what you feed your "baby?" Well thanks for telling all of us! BTW, MiaPicina, did you have any luck switching your dog's food? If you haven't yet, good luck! And thanks...
I do care!! Who doesn't!! I'm just saying. My dog has had no health concerns with her food what-so-ever. If I was to switch foods...,What high quality dry dog food do you think I should buy that doesn't cost more than Science Diet and easy is to find at my local petco?

envypoodlecollection

QUOTE 8/9/2005 12:24:16 PM
Well, Nutro Natural Choice or Nutro Natural Choice Ultra are both better options than Science Diet and are available at both Petsmart and Petco. Royal Canin would also be better than SD. My dogs have tried and liked all of them, but I've chosen to go towards a more holistic product with Innova (I'm now feeding Innova EVO). Ultimately, the better the food you're feeding the less expensive it is over time as your dog will eat less of the good stuff.
miapicina

QUOTE 8/9/2005 1:29:42 PM

Quote pennymybaby:

yes i did penny i;m still not sure what he really likes yet after this bag i;ll try another i think he liked the merrick about all. thanks again for your help and keep up the good work
miapicina

QUOTE 8/9/2005 1:30:58 PM

Quote ambulldogpup:

FINE! My dog is perfectly healthy and fit and I feed her Science Diet! I've fed Science Diet for her whole life. She's absolutely crazy over her food and could care less if it had preservatives, fillers, or whatever you said was in it.
truthfully. you can feed your dog from a trash can for all i care
diggerkristin

QUOTE 8/9/2005 1:32:50 PM
AMBULLDOG:
this dog food war has been going on forever on this forum. i also have fed my dog science diet along with beneful and other BADBADBAD foods, and she is perfectly healthy. let them praise their SUPERFANTASTIC foods. dont bother arguing its a dead end street.
pennymybaby

QUOTE 8/10/2005 2:13:35 PM
Feeding your dog foods like Science Diet and Beneful is like feeding your kid McDonald's 24/7! But hey, it's your dog..... That's great, Mia, that your dog likes Merrick! It's a great food! I'm glad YOU care about what you feed your dog! Um like some...*cough*....
reshp1

QUOTE 8/10/2005 2:23:35 PM

Quote ambulldogpup:

Perfectly healthy NOW. As a teenager I ate fastfood crap everyday and was perfectly healthy. There are people that go to MickeyD's 3 meals a day that are doing just fine. Just the same the risk of health problems go up with bad diet, especially later on in life. Same goes for dog food. If you can't afford better, then that's fine, people gotta come before pets. But if you can put aside a little more for a great, all natural human grade food, why not give your pet the best chance for a long healthy life?
animalluver8

QUOTE 8/10/2005 2:39:00 PM

Quote reshp1:

Perfectly healthy NOW. As a teenager I ate fastfood crap everyday and was perfectly healthy. There are people that go to MickeyD's 3 meals a day that are doing just fine. Just the same the risk of health problems go up with bad diet, especially later on in life. Same goes for dog food. If you can't afford better, then that's fine, people gotta come before pets. But if you can put aside a little more for a great, all natural human grade food, why not give your pet the best chance for a long healthy life?
If someone can't afford the best food for their dog, (which can get expensive) then nobody has the right to put them down and treat them like they are killing their pooch. I have to agree with most that Science Diet and Iams/Eukanuba are not as healthy as the REAL food...you know, Innova, Solid Gold, etc. I feed Solid Gold because I feel it's the real nutrition that my dogs need and I want them as healthy as possible. (I have said many times before that I add raw and cooked meat to my dogs diet...it's, believe it or not, pretty much essential for them)
If you can't afford better than Eukanuba, then I'm not going to say what others have, but do know that your dog could be eating a lot better and if you ever do have the extra, put it aside for your fur baby--they really need it.
ambulldogpup

QUOTE 8/10/2005 2:56:29 PM
Well I just wanted to thank you. (In a nice way). I researched Science Diet and found out lots of BAD things! So you were right. I researched lots of foods that were easy to find, affordable, and nutritous! I also asked people for reccomendations. So today, I bought a bag of Sensible choice for adult dogs. My dog loves it! And it deffiently looks better than Science Diet. I'm switching her food in small portions for a week and eventually will switch all together. If you never posted this forum then I would have been feeding my baby bad stuff her whole life! Sorry about all that junk I said. I take it all back! Thanks again!!!
diggerkristin

QUOTE 8/10/2005 3:15:45 PM

Quote pennymybaby:

Feeding your dog foods like Science Diet and Beneful is like feeding your kid McDonald's 24/7! But hey, it's your dog..... That's great, Mia, that your dog likes Merrick! It's a great food! I'm glad YOU care about what you feed your dog! Um like some...*cough*....
excuse me but i DO care about my dogs health and you can keep your *cough* to yourself
pennymybaby

QUOTE 8/10/2005 5:38:51 PM
I'm so happy for you ambullpuppy! And happy for your little one as well. And did you know that alot of qaulity foods are less expensive than bad foods? But of course, if that is all you can afford, I'm so sorry to offend you! Here are some examples of price differences:

Eukanuba Adult: $23.99 20lb bag

Nutro Natural Choice: $21.99 20 lb bag

Science Diet Adult: $22.99 20 lb bag

Nature's Recipe Adult: $21.99 20 lb bag
xtornado

QUOTE 8/10/2005 6:57:49 PM
Well I must say, that before you all Say Stuff About What an expert is, maybe you should check out the definition.

expert ( P ) Pronunciation Key (ksprt)
n.
A person with a high degree of skill in or knowledge of a certain subject.

The highest grade that can be achieved in marksmanship.
A person who has achieved this grade.

adj. (ksprt, k-sprt)
Having, involving, or demonstrating great skill, dexterity, or knowledge as the result of experience or training.

Just because she doesn't have a degree in something does not mean that she she isn't an expert. She clearly has done her research and Knows a lot about this topic. Afterall just because one person asks one question as simple as "So what kind of dog food should I feed my dog?" doesn't mean you people need to start a fight or make rude and unnesessary comments. This Is a Pet forum, and people here are just trying to help, I mean seriously do you people have nothing better to do but Be Obnoxious to one another when one is only trying to help. Seriously. I've been reading these forums for a while now and have chosen not to comment, because the simplest thing I would say, would turn into fight. Hmm..fascinating
pennymybaby

QUOTE 8/10/2005 8:00:54 PM

Quote xtornado:

Well I must say, that before you all Say Stuff About What an expert is, maybe you should check out the definition.

expert ( P ) Pronunciation Key (ksprt)
n.
A person with a high degree of skill in or knowledge of a certain subject.

The highest grade that can be achieved in marksmanship.
A person who has achieved this grade.

adj. (ksprt, k-sprt)
Having, involving, or demonstrating great skill, dexterity, or knowledge as the result of experience or training.

Just because she doesn't have a degree in something does not mean that she she isn't an expert. She clearly has done her research and Knows a lot about this topic. Afterall just because one person asks one question as simple as "So what kind of dog food should I feed my dog?" doesn't mean you people need to start a fight or make rude and unnesessary comments. This Is a Pet forum, and people here are just trying to help, I mean seriously do you people have nothing better to do but Be Obnoxious to one another when one is only trying to help. Seriously. I've been reading these forums for a while now and have chosen not to comment, because the simplest thing I would say, would turn into fight. Hmm..fascinating
Oh wow, thanks xTornado! I must say, you really are kind!
Post Reply New Topic