Eukanuba and IAMS found guilty for animal testing!

Eukanuba and IAMS found guilty for animal testing!

pennymybaby

QUOTE 8/2/2005 2:24:10 PM
It was no problem at all. My pleasure!
mjanddobes

QUOTE 8/2/2005 3:48:30 PM

Quote pennymybaby:

Well, I do ton's of research, speak with other dog food experts and get aducated. YOU can be a dog food expert too if you'd like. Just get aducated on what should and should not be in your dogs food. Sample and try out premium foods. Talk to experts. And your welcome miapicina. I used to be un-educated as well. It took me some time, but now I know better. Before I was educated I almost bought my dog Ol' Roy! But I now feed Nutro. It was no problem. Just a note, none of the good fooods on the list can be bought at grocery stores. They can only be bought at petsmart, petcetera, petco, grain stores, feed stores, organic shops, etc. That's why alot of people of never heard of those foods, becase they buy they're dog food at say Wal-Mart or Safeway(etc.)
well pardon me for being a suspicious person, but I don't consider someone who does "ton's of research, speak with other dog food experts and get aducated (not educated)" to be an "EXPERT". It sounds to me like you are interested in nutrition therefore you have spent some time educating yourself on it - that is a good thing. However, coming on an internet list and proclaiming yourself an expert is a bit much.

I've spent several years "educating" myself on dog nutrition as well, but you won't find me calling myself an expert - The advanced degrees I hold are not in animal nutrition - are yours??

Some of you may think I am being harsh, but there are very impressionable people on this list that won't even question what some self proclaimed "Expert" tells them and that can be dangerous. If you are an expert, I want to know what specifically makes you one, and where I can verify it. Otherwise, don't proclaim yourself an expert.
pennymybaby

QUOTE 8/2/2005 4:33:25 PM
Look, I didn't call my self a professional or a vet did I? Expert does not mean I know everything under the sun and nor did I ever say that.
mjanddobes

QUOTE 8/2/2005 6:31:08 PM

Quote pennymybaby:

Look, I didn't call my self a professional or a vet did I? Expert does not mean I know everything under the sun and nor did I ever say that.
This is what you said "I'am a Dog food expert and here is a list of foods I made of good quality and bad quality foods out there, so it can give you a few ideas on what one you may want to switch to."

After you stated that, you gave advice to a bunch of very young posters who I think took "expert" to mean that you really ARE AN EXPERT. Expert implies a Professional with advanced degrees and/or training in the Expert area.

I really don't mean to come down on you so hard, but I think it should be a lesson learned. There are just too many young & inexperienced people on this forum who are only too happy to take you at your word. That said, you have put some time into looking at dog foods and I'm sure that you mean well. I applaud anyone who takes the time to learn more about a subject in order to educate themselves, and help others.
pennymybaby

QUOTE 8/2/2005 7:31:01 PM
Excuse me, you make it sound like I suggested feeding dogs chocolate! I recommend very high quality foods for your infomation. And I did not lie! Innova, Solid Gold ,etc are excellent foods. Check the ingredients!
mjanddobes

QUOTE 8/2/2005 9:10:22 PM
The kibbles you recommend are good, it was mis-representing yourself as an "Expert" that I object to. Read my post again and I think you will see that.
fantasiawht

QUOTE 8/2/2005 11:17:19 PM
Semantics, folks :P One person equates expert with professional, and the other with knowledgable.

Is it really something to get that worked up over?

miapicina

QUOTE 8/2/2005 11:40:01 PM
heres my 2 cents even if no one asked for it. i;m not one of those IMPRESSIONABLE people on here, and i;m sure there some. but when i asked a question about dog food i dont need to come back on and hear nasty remarks or remarks implying that i am an idiot. Penny was the only person who gave me an answer without, all the smart remarks. so if i choose to take her advice i will. and she can say whatever she wants, when you have people on here that write out pages as if writing a book when you ask a simply question.
diggerkristin

QUOTE 8/3/2005 8:57:27 AM
she can say whatever she wants, and you can take or leave her advice, but she shouldnt call herself an expert on a subject that she isnt formally trained in. reading a book on dog food doesnt make her an expert. and there are alot of youngins on this site that will take whatever an "expert" says to heart. i think she made good suggestions but not expert worthy by any means.
mjanddobes

QUOTE 8/3/2005 9:57:41 AM

Quote miapicina:

heres my 2 cents even if no one asked for it. i;m not one of those IMPRESSIONABLE people on here, and i;m sure there some. but when i asked a question about dog food i dont need to come back on and hear nasty remarks or remarks implying that i am an idiot. Penny was the only person who gave me an answer without, all the smart remarks. so if i choose to take her advice i will. and she can say whatever she wants, when you have people on here that write out pages as if writing a book when you ask a simply question.
I don't know how old you are, but it looked to me like you were taking her at her "expert" word. It's not that she was giving bad advice - the foods she talked about are good. It is obvious to me that she has somewhat educated herself on dog food - that is a good thing. It does not however make her an expert by any stretch of the imagination. Now, if she goes and gets a degree in animal nutrition or heck even human nutrition and studies how it relates to animal nutrition THEN I would feel a little more comfortable with the "expert" title.

I think what you have to realize is that people will come on an internet forum with a problem and take what some self proclamed expert might tell them as the real deal. In fact, forums are a great place to learn but not everything you read is good advice. It is never a replacement for good Veterinary care when there is a problem. I will be the first to admit that many vets are not experts in nutrition, so what they say about dog food is not always great either.
celticglory

QUOTE 8/3/2005 10:01:50 AM
My poor dog eats both, but likes Eukanuba more, I can't change it on her because she won't eat it. She had Iams before too, but she won't eat nothing else. My next pup will be on something better though, and my boyfriend's dog, who I plan on getting for him, will be on either on the same food as my pup or something else that is high in standard.

I can't believe they would do something as cruel as test on animals like that.
pennymybaby

QUOTE 8/3/2005 10:55:41 AM
Look mjanddobes, I'am not a dangerous person or anything and I could do without the smart remarks. Let's just call it a day and stop with this nonesense? And yes it is very sad celticglory. Some people couldn't careless about animal testing. Plus, as if animal testing is not enough, Eukanuba and IAMS are full of nothing but garbage. Why don't you try a quality food, but add gravy, canned food, etc to it and she if she will eat it then? Just a thought.
miapicina

QUOTE 8/3/2005 11:33:05 AM

Quote mjanddobes:

I don't know how old you are, but it looked to me like you were taking her at her "expert" word. It's not that she was giving bad advice - the foods she talked about are good. It is obvious to me that she has somewhat educated herself on dog food - that is a good thing. It does not however make her an expert by any stretch of the imagination. Now, if she goes and gets a degree in animal nutrition or heck even human nutrition and studies how it relates to animal nutrition THEN I would feel a little more comfortable with the "expert" title.

I think what you have to realize is that people will come on an internet forum with a problem and take what some self proclamed expert might tell them as the real deal. In fact, forums are a great place to learn but not everything you read is good advice. It is never a replacement for good Veterinary care when there is a problem. I will be the first to admit that many vets are not experts in nutrition, so what they say about dog food is not always great either.
well i'm 46yrs old if you needed to know and if you didnt oh well i thought i might just tell you anyway. just by the way you and your other dog croonies talk on this forum is enough sometimes to make me ill. i asked a question, and i got a reasonable short answer that made sense to me. not a 9 page history on how they made dog food, which i would fall asleep during it because it would be so boring. i asked i got a answer end of story.
diggerkristin

QUOTE 8/3/2005 11:46:03 AM

Quote miapicina:

well i'm 46yrs old if you needed to know and if you didnt oh well i thought i might just tell you anyway. just by the way you and your other dog croonies talk on this forum is enough sometimes to make me ill. i asked a question, and i got a reasonable short answer that made sense to me. not a 9 page history on how they made dog food, which i would fall asleep during it because it would be so boring. i asked i got a answer end of story.
hehehe
pennymybaby

QUOTE 8/3/2005 12:18:23 PM
Thanks MiaPicina. You really do sound like a wonderful person.
mjanddobes

QUOTE 8/3/2005 5:12:03 PM

Quote miapicina:

Well sorry - you are actually older than I am - LOL - but not by much. Sorry if I mistook your post for someone much much younger.

I guess I will just let those who are so inclined to proclaim themselves experts, and let the less knowledgeable follow their very educated (or is it abucated)proclamations. Far be for me to actually question someone about how they came to be an expert - because they said so seems to be good enough for you.

Sharing information is great, relying on information from an unknown source as the truth can be dangerous. But HEY, it's a free country and you can believe whatever and whoever you want. I'm not usually this sarcastic, but this whole topic has gotten beyond silly. I'm done.
pennymybaby

QUOTE 8/3/2005 9:47:24 PM
Good rediance. We don't need a talking angry dictionary writing a whole page on what we do right or wrong. What's done is done and if you think my information was bad and that no one should trust me, be that way. I would NEVER EVER give out dirty or wrong information. That would mean putting a dog's life at risk. And I'm a major dog lover and would never do that. Do you think I would honestly educate people than IAMS and Eukanuba are doing animal testing if I was a meanie or wanted to give out info on good stuff that was actually bad about dogs? Umm... NO!
hutson82

QUOTE 8/3/2005 11:59:00 PM

Quote pennymybaby:

Good rediance. We don't need a talking angry dictionary writing a whole page on what we do right or wrong. What's done is done and if you think my information was bad and that no one should trust me, be that way. I would NEVER EVER give out dirty or wrong information. That would mean putting a dog's life at risk. And I'm a major dog lover and would never do that. Do you think I would honestly educate people than IAMS and Eukanuba are doing animal testing if I was a meanie or wanted to give out info on good stuff that was actually bad about dogs? Umm... NO!
Since when did "experts" abuse the English language to such a degree?
miapicina

QUOTE 8/4/2005 12:01:24 AM

Quote hutson82:

Since when did "experts" abuse the English language to such a degree?
DON'T START YOUR TOO LATE
pennymybaby

QUOTE 8/4/2005 4:24:39 PM
What? Do you guys look to start fights or what? Geez!
Post Reply New Topic