Eukanuba and IAMS found guilty for animal testing!

Eukanuba and IAMS found guilty for animal testing!

pennymybaby

QUOTE 7/30/2005 11:03:51 PM
IAMS and Eukanuba(which are owned by the same company) have been found guilty for animal testing! Please help stop the suffering, don't support it! Stop buying IAMS or Eukanuba if you care at all for those poor, abused animals! Here are links with info:

http://www.uncaged.co.uk/iams.htm

http://www.actagainstiams.com/comments.html

http://www.iamscruelty.com/

http://www.usanimalprotection.org/issues.htm

lilmissktty

QUOTE 7/31/2005 12:15:22 AM
I sure am glad that I took my dogs off of Eukanuba a while ago. I heard their products were nothing but crap anyway.
anasazi

QUOTE 7/31/2005 12:18:01 AM
I agree... Its a small step above PURINA.
doxiedaddy

QUOTE 7/31/2005 12:48:14 AM
Also try this link: www.iamstruth.com
(click on Get the Facts)

Also check out this site:
www.petakillsanimals.com

PETA is NOT the animal lovers they pretend to be!

fantasiawht

QUOTE 7/31/2005 8:52:56 AM
PETA has absolutely no credibility.

devilsbabigurrl

QUOTE 7/31/2005 8:59:26 AM
Iams used to be a pretty good dog food until they got bought by another company, the same one that owns Eukanuba now.
yorkies78

QUOTE 7/31/2005 10:26:22 AM
Iams and Eukanuba are both owned by Proctor and Gamble now. I'd stay away from both, not only because of the animal testing, but also because of the poor quality of the food. A pet shop employee once told me that Iams actually pays the store more to have its food shelved near the high quality foods...when it would normally be shelved with the Purina, Pedigree, etc.
miapicina

QUOTE 7/31/2005 11:59:31 AM
so now what do we feed our dogs if all this food is crap
envypoodlecollection

QUOTE 7/31/2005 12:20:08 PM
"All of this food"?! Come on, it's two different labels from one manufacturer. Most of us already knew it was crap anyway, just due to the ingredients. Try Innova, Solid Gold, California Natural, etc., etc., etc.
mjanddobes

QUOTE 7/31/2005 12:26:47 PM

Quote miapicina:

so now what do we feed our dogs if all this food is crap
Well, what to feed is a topic that gets beat to death on a regular basis on every forum I go to. I feed a high end kibble, but realize that not everyone has easy access to a feed store that carries high end food or the cash for it. In that case, I recommend buying the high end kibble from someplace like PetsMart or Petco. I fed Pro Plan for years with good results - they have a lot of different formulas for different needs. It is not the BEST kibble you can buy, but it is a decent kibble. A lot of the show breeders I know feed Pro-plan and have for years with excellent results. As much as I would rather see people feed the better kibbles like California Natural (this is what I use), Solid Gold, Innova, Chicken Soup, Wellness.... the list goes on... I do realize that there is a middle of the road alternative that is at least much better than Iams or Eukanuba.
pennymybaby

QUOTE 7/31/2005 2:33:28 PM
Thanks for your support guys! I'am a dog food expert and here is a list of foods I made of good quality and bad quality foods out there, so it can give you a few ideas on what one you may want to switch to.

Good foods:
~Innova
~Nutro Ultra
~Nutro Natural Choice
~Neura
~Triumph
~Wysong
~California Natural
~Natural Balance
~Wellness
~Chicken Soup for the Dog Lover's Soul
~Solid Gold
~Canidae
~Royal Canin
~Sensible Choice
~Nature's Recipe
~Any food that contains atleast 40% meat, with no by-products, fillers or preservatives.

Bad foods:
~IAMS
~Pedigree
~Purina ONE
~Purina Dog/Puppy Chow
~Purina Mighty Dog
~Purina Pro Plan
~Science Diet
~Eukanuba
~Bil-Jac
~Alpo
~Beneful
~Cesar
~Any foods with by-products,preservatives, animal testers or fillers
mjanddobes

QUOTE 7/31/2005 8:54:23 PM

Quote pennymybaby:

Thanks for your support guys! I'am a dog food expert and here is a list of foods I made of good quality and bad quality foods out there, so it can give you a few ideas on what one you may want to switch to.

Good foods:
~Innova
~Nutro Ultra
~Nutro Natural Choice
~Neura
~Triumph
~Wysong
~California Natural
~Natural Balance
~Wellness
~Solid Gold
~Canidae
~Royal Canin
~Sensible Choice
~Nature's Recipe
~Any food that contains atleast 40% meat, with no by-products, fillers or preservatives.

Bad foods:
~IAMS
~Pedigree
~Purina ONE
~Purina Dog/Puppy Chow
~Purina Mighty Dog
~Purina Pro Plan
~Science Diet
~Eukanuba
~Bil-Jac
~Alpo
~Beneful
~Cesar
I personally don't really think that a kibble like Purina Pro-Plan belongs on the same list with Beneful, Alpo and Purina Dog Chow! I don't think you can only do two lists at all. Purina has many levels of food - Pro-Plan is a premium kibble - just not a holistic kibble. Just curiosity, what makes you a "dog food expert"??

I don't think that Pro-Plan belongs on the list of best kibbles, but I have seen how dogs do on it and there is a world of difference between it and something like Alpo! The Doberman that won Best of Breed at Westminster Kennel Club this year eats Pro-Plan and so do a lot of top show dogs. Would I feed it again? Maybe, maybe not. I do recommend it to people who are looking for an easy to find middle of the road kibble. I personally feed California Natural Chicken and Rice mixed with my own home made diet. You can see my dogs at.

http://fitzmardobermans.freeservers.com/
miapicina

QUOTE 7/31/2005 10:04:58 PM

Quote pennymybaby:

Good foods:
~Innova
~Nutro Ultra
~Nutro Natural Choice
~Neura
~Triumph
~Wysong
~California Natural
~Natural Balance
~Wellness
~Solid Gold
~Canidae
~Royal Canin
~Sensible Choice
~Nature's Recipe

Bad foods:
~IAMS
~Pedigree
~Purina ONE
~Purina Dog/Puppy Chow
~Purina Mighty Dog
~Purina Pro Plan
~Science Diet
~Eukanuba
~Bil-Jac
~Alpo
~Beneful
~Cesar
thank you penny, some of the food you mentioned i have never heard of, but thanks again. and envy, i have never really thought much about dog food since i started reading on here and i got my new baby, so envy,i;m SORRY if i have insulted your superior attitude dear, but i was just asking a question?
pennymybaby

QUOTE 8/1/2005 11:21:38 AM
Well, I do ton's of research, speak with other dog food experts and get aducated. YOU can be a dog food expert too if you'd like. Just get aducated on what should and should not be in your dogs food. Sample and try out premium foods. Talk to experts. And your welcome miapicina. I used to be un-educated as well. It took me some time, but now I know better. Before I was educated I almost bought my dog Ol' Roy! But I now feed Nutro. It was no problem. Just a note, none of the good fooods on the list can be bought at grocery stores. They can only be bought at petsmart, petcetera, petco, grain stores, feed stores, organic shops, etc. That's why alot of people of never heard of those foods, becase they buy they're dog food at say Wal-Mart or Safeway(etc.)
goldengal

QUOTE 8/1/2005 11:36:30 AM
Can those foods be bought at a store like Murdochs,
miapicina

QUOTE 8/1/2005 12:18:56 PM

Quote pennymybaby:

Well, I do ton's of research, speak with other dog food experts and get aducated. YOU can be a dog food expert too if you'd like. Just get aducated on what should and should not be in your dogs food. Sample and try out premium foods. Talk to experts. And your welcome miapicina. I used to be un-educated as well. It took me some time, but now I know better. Before I was educated I almost bought my dog Ol' Roy! But I now feed Nutro. It was no problem. Just a note, none of the good fooods on the list can be bought at grocery stores. They can only be bought at petsmart, petcetera, petco, grain stores, feed stores, organic shops, etc. That's why alot of people of never heard of those foods, becase they buy they're dog food at say Wal-Mart or Safeway(etc.)
And again thanks penny, your a very sweet person to take the time to have helped me with this. i really do appreciate it
pennymybaby

QUOTE 8/1/2005 8:09:51 PM
I'm not sure golden. Aww thanks MiaPicina. That's one of the nicest things anyone has every said to me! You are sweet,too!
miapicina

QUOTE 8/1/2005 11:23:42 PM
penny i have one more question for you, my cousin has a friend that owns a pet store she gave me 2 samples of a dry dog food called merrick it says premium ingridents real meat all natural i was just wondering from what i have read it sounds really good? thank you for your input
pennymybaby

QUOTE 8/2/2005 2:18:07 PM
Yes Merrick is a good food. It's about the same quality as Nutro and Sensible Choice. WAY WAY WAY higher quality than IAMS!!
miapicina

QUOTE 8/2/2005 2:20:26 PM

Quote pennymybaby:

Yes Merrick is a good food. It's about the same quality as Nutro and Sensible Choice. WAY WAY WAY higher quality than IAMS!!
thank you again, at least i know on this forum there is one person who knows how to help without all the rest of the garbage going on. thanks again penny
Post Reply New Topic