dog depression

dog depression

littlemissmom_23

QUOTE 6/4/2009 11:42:14 AM
I had my Miniature Dachshund euthanized yesterday and when I got home my Chi cross was looking for her frantically. Later last night she layed on the couch looking around for a couple hours. Finally they relaxed and they were stuck to me with glue, not leaving my side. Once I put the dogs in their kennel they started to whine. Is there anything I can do for them? They obviously know something isn't right. Our Doxie and our Chi Cross have been inseparable for 3 years since they were puppies and I am worried more about her.

I was also wondering; I will have Delsie back in a wooden urn in about 2 weeks, will the other dogs know its her?
kathystone

QUOTE 6/6/2009 3:38:55 PM
I am sorry about your loss. Your dog is greiving just as you are. SHe will get over it with time. Give her lots of gentle loving and a few extra goodies. Talk to her about her friend and how much you also miss her. Dogs understand words at the level of a 3-5 year old child. I doubt she will understand about the urn, however.It would probably be best not to show it to her and make a fuss. She might want to explore it and that could get messy. There will not be the smell of her friend as she has been cremated. You might want to read to her the poem "Rainbow Bridge" it is very comforting to know our friends will be there with us on the other side.
leesagallo

QUOTE 6/7/2009 8:07:58 AM
I'm sorry for your loss! That's always very hard. I agree with KATHYSTONE. Even if your little chi x doesn't understand everything you say, she will understand that she has you to share in her grief.
noskiveez

QUOTE 6/8/2009 3:34:18 PM
Im sorry for the loss of your dog.
eveningstarranch

QUOTE 6/8/2009 4:42:20 PM
I'm sorry for your loss. While we will never forget them, it gets easier with time...
littlemissmom_23

QUOTE 6/8/2009 5:17:37 PM
Thank you :)
I am feeling really guilty right now but I guess that too will pass.
Post Reply New Topic