Bleach given to puppies for Parvo ?

Bleach given to puppies for Parvo ?

dihart

QUOTE 7/18/2009 7:45:06 AM
".... Breeders Do NOT allow people to come out and look at your puppies. That is how this started with me!!!" 

I did not know how to do a  partial "quote" so I just copied from the previous post.

I just want to say that in theory I would love to agree with that, but it is very hard to hold to that standard. One of the things that people are advised by all the weel intentioned retioric is to see and visit the home where your pup comes from. If you try to discourage people from doing this it is supposed to send up "red flags" for them. Even our own board reccommends multiple visits to the breeders home and with the pups and adults. To me, this is a bit of walking a thin line, yes you want to new potential owners to be able to see their pups and visit with them, but also I worry every time that people could drag  new germs into the house. They look at me funny when I ask them to take off their shoes and wash their hands before they handle the babies, but when I explain that the pups just do not have the immunity against germs they will comply.  

moggie

QUOTE 7/19/2009 6:22:38 PM
 this bleach thing is nothing but an old wives tale. its plain stupid.  even bleaching to kill parvo or other viruses in your home and surroundings is ludicrist. how do you bleach your sofa?? your carpet, grass? stupid. revival has parvolan which is a viral killer and it works. it can be sprayed on every material imaginable. it is an immediate kill. the ONLY way to deal with parvo is to prevent it. neopar and galaxy vaccinations work. people who refuse to vaccinate are playing with fire and simply have been hit with a stupid stick!!!  Vaccinate!!!!
runningridge

QUOTE 8/15/2009 6:26:54 PM
I've never given bleach water deliberately and directly to puppies but we do live in the country thus have WELL WATER and any time you have it tested and ANYTHING at all shows up on the test the Conservation Offices answer is to pour a gallon of bleach down it.  Seeing as how my family and the animals then in turn drink that water I can only assume that it isn't going to hurt them in the right mixture.   Only those who have used it can judge whether or not it works.
autumnrungreatdanes

QUOTE 8/17/2009 8:21:25 PM

Quote dihart:

".... Breeders Do NOT allow people to come out and look at your puppies. That is how this started with me!!!" 

I did not know how to do a  partial "quote" so I just copied from the previous post.

I just want to say that in theory I would love to agree with that, but it is very hard to hold to that standard. One of the things that people are advised by all the weel intentioned retioric is to see and visit the home where your pup comes from. If you try to discourage people from doing this it is supposed to send up "red flags" for them. Even our own board reccommends multiple visits to the breeders home and with the pups and adults. To me, this is a bit of walking a thin line, yes you want to new potential owners to be able to see their pups and visit with them, but also I worry every time that people could drag  new germs into the house. They look at me funny when I ask them to take off their shoes and wash their hands before they handle the babies, but when I explain that the pups just do not have the immunity against germs they will comply.  

dihart,

I my self have done this for the last 5 years and not one person has questioned my motives and or intentions. For those that live local and wish to see the parents they must come out by appointment only and we will allow them to see ALL of our adult dogs. Precaution is still taken at that time. Once the Dam has been bred the visits stop. We do not allow anyone out. There are things that a breeder can do to for the buyer so that they feel like they can trust you such as taking new pictures of the puppy and hold a peace of paper in front of it with the persons name on it. Either way If I loose that customer I really don't care as my puppies health is more important and I tell them that. Every person has respected my wishes and they commend me on that as they to want a healthy puppy. Puppy pick up is at 8 weeks. I do allow the buyer in my home but they first must step into a thin layer of disinfectant that kills all puppy viruses, they must also wash their hands with the same stuff as it is safe for skin. All I know is this has worked for me and I would not except it any other way. Im not raising disposable puppies!
runningridge

QUOTE 8/28/2009 9:43:35 AM

Quote autumnrungreatdanes:

dihart,

I my self have done this for the last 5 years and not one person has questioned my motives and or intentions. For those that live local and wish to see the parents they must come out by appointment only and we will allow them to see ALL of our adult dogs. Precaution is still taken at that time. Once the Dam has been bred the visits stop. We do not allow anyone out. There are things that a breeder can do to for the buyer so that they feel like they can trust you such as taking new pictures of the puppy and hold a peace of paper in front of it with the persons name on it. Either way If I loose that customer I really don't care as my puppies health is more important and I tell them that. Every person has respected my wishes and they commend me on that as they to want a healthy puppy. Puppy pick up is at 8 weeks. I do allow the buyer in my home but they first must step into a thin layer of disinfectant that kills all puppy viruses, they must also wash their hands with the same stuff as it is safe for skin. All I know is this has worked for me and I would not except it any other way. Im not raising disposable puppies!
Just a few problems with your theory:

1.  I have an edit program and I could put in or take out anything in a picture that

I wish so I could easily insert a piece of paper into one and ALL of the SMART

scam artist could do it as well.

2.  No matter what you use for disinfectant it only kills 99% of the virus, bacteria

and germs that it comes in contact with.  1% is more than enough to infect your

whole house as that 1% will contain MILLIONS of particles and it only takes

ONE to cause infection. 

3.  It takes no less than 10 minutes of being in contact with disinfect to actually

kill the germ and I doubt your buyers are standing in that solution for 10 minutes.

4.  Clothes are the number 2 carrier of germs, viruses and bacteria.  If those

people pick up that puppy and cuddle it then the puppy is coming in contact

with everything that shirt has come in contact with.   

Wish there was a fail proof - sure safe method for all of us to use but there simply

isn't and to believe there is will only lead to heartache in the long run.

We all have to do it as we see fit and PRAY that it works for many years

because if you stay in the business long enough your sure to find the error of your

ways.

I went 15 years without any Parvo, Coccidia, Giardia - What a wonderful

15 years - THOUGHT I was the perfect breeder and knew it all as I wasn't

having all of the issues that other breeders were having.  Brought home the wrong puppies and WHAM, my nightmare began.

Been Parvo free since Neopar hit the market, been Giardia free since we installed

the Reverse Osmosis filter and been Coccidia free thanks to Marquis.   Do I think I have it all figured out - NOT ON YOUR LIFE.  I worry every day that I've done something wrong and my puppies will have to pay the price.

I don't think any of us are raising "Disposable Puppies". 
1950kale

QUOTE 11/15/2010 7:40:11 PM
I have a litter of bulldogs with Parvo.  How much will Tamiflu do I give them??
dihart

QUOTE 11/15/2010 11:37:36 PM
    tamaflu does work for parvo puppies, so that is a possibility. It is kinda pricy but not as much as what you are usually charged trying to save a parvo pup.  but yes it does work on Parvo puppies if they are caught soon
enough. Time is off the utmost importance. Your vet can write you a
perscription.  My friend mixed it like this: 1 pill to 15 cc water. Pup get a dosage of 3 cc per 5 pounds of body weight once a day. Also fluids are very important, don't let your pups get dehydrated. They may need  IV or subq fluids, also easily do-able. Hope this helps.
nakitawainright

QUOTE 2/9/2013 6:13:31 PM

Quote loveablepuppies:

There are no meds for parvo!

I know for a fact bleach can be given to animals or humans in small dosages and not hurt them, it is a overdose that kills them.

If you understand parvo and what it does and how it works the best thing you can do is keep your baby hydrated and boost their immune system.

I personally saved 4 pom puppies that tested high for parvo. They were throwing up and their stool was bloody liquid that shot everywhere. For future reference to anyone that wants to save their dog, I found you are your dogs best defense. Even a vet or their staff won't watch over them like you and we learned the hard way $1500.00 later and a dead puppy.

Pedialyte
Add the following to the pedialyte.
12 Ester C Vitamins
12 Echinacea

It takes about 1-2 hours to dissolve, keep in fridge.

Every 2 hours give your dog/puppy 3 syringe fulls even through the night. I think a 5 cc syringe this is for a toy breed you probably want to give more to bigger breeds.

If you can keep your baby alive for 3 days they should make it. They will probably throw it up but whatever you can get in them will help. If they have the energy they will fight you, I'm sure it tastes nasty.
My dog just died of parvo...the vets said he had a good chance and they didn't think it would kill him. Most people say if they are still alive after 3 days then they'll be fine...well today was day 5 and he died in my arms. I was giving him 12cc's of pedialyte every hour, 1 cc pepto bismol every 2, 3-6 cc's pediasure every hour and chicken noodle soup that had been put through a food processor. I stayed up for 4 days all night and day just to give him his medicine and he still didn't make it. Don't ever think that your dog is safe from parvo, he started to get better last night but took a turn for the worse today and died. R.I.P Sky </3
christinastorla

QUOTE 2/10/2013 9:06:56 AM
I don't know if you all are aware that we drink bleach everyday. According to DNR working for the water department have to add bleach to all public drinking water to kill the bacteria. Our city buy's it by the case! I use bleach to clean my kennels, water bouls, food, floors and walls in my home. I don't care what you do to stop it we live in a crap shoot. We haven't had any proublems at our new home but you don't know about what will come. We let other people play with the puppies to match them up with the perfect puppy they choose. It is a red flag otherwise. We also use licsol all over the house when the puppies and people leave. At my other home I had a co-breeder bring it over with his puppies and  used bleach, pine-sol, and licsol whitch killed it all fast! Nor did I have any proublems after that. Keep them in pedealite, gravies to cout their tummies, and a drop of bleach!
vet_assistantbri

QUOTE 5/12/2013 11:54:19 PM

Quote ilovechihuahuascc:

BLEACH will KILL an ANIMAL people!! Sheesh! Not sure WHY anyone would even take that chance with a living animal ..Please Keep all house hold chemicals out of the reach of your pets ...they are for cleaning your home .. not your animals... Birds.. can even die smelling some strong chemicals...So Please tal to vets about the right kinds of meds to treat your pets with ... that way it will save their life and you a lot of heart break.
That's is actually COMPLETELY wrong. I am a vet assistant and as a last resort u can use bleach. Our outbuildings was about a week into parboil when we got back from vacation, throwing up pooping blood, awful. Took her straight to my vet and as with any other dog who is to far into the stages they couldn't do anything and gave her 24 hours to live. She couldn't stand or anything. Me and my husband stayed up all night trying to get proselyte and all the home remedies down her. Nothing worked. We turned to the bleach and water. We did a full glass of water and a cap of bleach, mixed it reaaaaally well. Gave her a medicine dropper full of the mix, and I had fallen asleep (this was @ 3 am) I woke up @ about 515 am and She was WALKING getting water out of her bill. I couldn't believe my eyes. She was perfectly fine 2 days later and is verrrryyyyyy healthy now. It is always the Best to have shots, as She did, but still caught the virus
icgold

QUOTE 5/24/2013 9:44:27 AM
I have 4 puppies with Parvo. I gave them activated charcoal, and yes, they vomited it up. Gave them a second dose and they vomited again. But after that, the vomiting stopped. They started drinking water and keeping it down. I started them on the charcoal around 5 p.m. and they were doing so much better by 9 p.m. This was last night. One of them is eating a little this morning.They are still weak but recovering.

I have had several dogs with Parvo over the years and have never seen anything work soooo fast! I started treating 3 of them within 12 hours of showing symptoms. One puppy had it 2 days before I realized it was Parvo because he didn't have that awful bloody diarrhea. As I was about to leave to go to the vet, another puppy started vomiting. Then I suspected it. The dehydrated pup tested positive and had to have I.V. fluids . He is the one that is eating this morning. The others didn't get dehydrated , thanks to the charcoal.

I hope this info will help save other puppies/dogs and also save on vet bills. Activated charcoal will help many illnesses in pets and people.
valindaeaklewilson

QUOTE 11/18/2013 3:37:09 AM
who had the tamiflu dosage for dogs plz sharee this info ..i just lost a beautiful pittbull that i had the pleasure of raising for almost 2 wonderful yrs..i am not sure weather she passed from parvo or if in fact she was poisioned ..i have other dogs and if it was parvo i need this info to be able to try and save them if they start to show signs ..plz help..
roxcyleann

QUOTE 5/26/2014 9:43:59 AM
yes bleach can harm an animal if given too much it is a known fact that bleach kills parvo and their are even humans who will drink bleach to get rid of drugs in their system before a drug test bleach can be given to a dog some people bath their dogs in it and it keeps their fir nice and shiny and in some way a bath in bleach every week would be a great measure to take to prevent parvo from catching your puppy after a year old they can get it but its less likely to happen i recommend using a very small amount of bleach after all these years of experience with puppies having parvo bleach is the only real cure for the horrible sickness good luck everyone remember a very small amount is a good treatment for your dog
roxcyleann

QUOTE 5/26/2014 9:44:23 AM
yes bleach can harm an animal if given too much it is a known fact that bleach kills parvo and their are even humans who will drink bleach to get rid of drugs in their system before a drug test bleach can be given to a dog some people bath their dogs in it and it keeps their fir nice and shiny and in some way a bath in bleach every week would be a great measure to take to prevent parvo from catching your puppy after a year old they can get it but its less likely to happen i recommend using a very small amount of bleach after all these years of experience with puppies having parvo bleach is the only real cure for the horrible sickness good luck everyone remember a very small amount is a good treatment for your dog
Post Reply New Topic