Bleach given to puppies for Parvo ?

Bleach given to puppies for Parvo ?

hedilbear

QUOTE 3/10/2009 9:04:34 PM
Ok have question, Has anyone here ever heard of giving bleach and water to a puppy for Parvo? Coon hunters say that they do not give their dogs shots(not saying all do this ) if their pup gets Parvo then for small pup or dog give 1 tsp of bleach to 6 cc of water in syringe down their throat and usually byt the next day they are fine or alot better , for big pup or dog give 1 tbsp of bleach to 10 cc of water same way..First time I ever heard of this wouldn't the bleach burn? they say it is a small amount and it does not hurt them ....and bleach is the only thing that will kill Parvo which is true for the bleach...
elyrose

QUOTE 3/11/2009 10:26:11 AM
omg...my puppy recently had parvo...i DID use bleach on my hands and the rug he layed on and stuff but i have never heard of giving it to the pet....i would ask a vet first....just to be safe...........
loveablepuppies

QUOTE 3/11/2009 3:05:04 PM
I know we are talking about dogs here but this is my only experience with clorox bleach. My father has pigeons and he puts bleach in their water everyday this way the birds don't spread germs to one another through their drinking water. It also kills viruses and parasites. But let me remind you he puts two drops in a gallon of water because to much can hurt them or kill them.

Good Luck!
gbat1stop

QUOTE 3/11/2009 3:54:10 PM
I DO NOT recommend giving bleach to any living creature without consulting a vet/doctor. Although this may work, proper dosage would be a huge concern.

maoseger1010

QUOTE 3/11/2009 8:58:16 PM
I've heard of the use of vinegar to kill gut germs but not bleach.
beaglebrat

QUOTE 3/11/2009 9:38:23 PM
Actually, they say to always keep bleach on hand in case of an end of the world disaster emergency, because a few drops per gallon would sterilize most bad water and make it good enough for human consumption.

No joke.

When my mom's horse got West Nile Virus, the vet had us treat it with DMSO which is actually a paint solvent made out of chemicals found in rotting wood. Pretty controversial, but one of the only chemicals to pass through the brain membrane.

DMSO has also been used by assassins because it can transmit poisons directly through the skin.

Point is, weird things can work. Bleach does kill Parvo on surfaces, so it would likely kill Parvo inside a puppy, but the bleach could also very well likely kill the puppy.

Think about it, almost any medication is a poison in the right dosage. Bleach is poison in very small doses.

If you have a puppy in early stages of Parvo, the best treatment is anti-biotics, sub-q hydration, probiotics to put back the flora in the intestines, anti-nausea meds to stop the vomiting, and most of all the human anti-viral Tamiflu (which treats the bird flu in humans) to battle the virus itself.

hedilbear

QUOTE 3/13/2009 10:52:18 AM
Ok checked with a few different Vet's and some say no not at all as it can harm the puppy and then 2 said yes it can be given with the right dose .so I guess it is up to the individual to decide ...But I tell just lost my new great dane pup to parvo the one i drove 8 hours for and $1000.00 for because of a lady at the vet that new her rottie pup had parvo and had it around everyone else and petted my male dane and then i find out pup was sick , went home 4 days later my baby got sick and my van and $350.00 later my baby died in my arms with me kissing her and telling her I loved her and god would be waiting for her and then my 5 year old cried ..( sold my van to pay vet bills for her ) i HAVE CRIED FOR SO LONG NOW i WANT MY pEACHES BACK SHE WAS MY BABY AND A SWEET HEART..only 4 months old ..OH YES AND SHE HAD ALL HER SHOTS UP TO DATE !!!!! AND GOT IT ANYWAY.so if I had known of this I am not sure but might have tried it to save my baby ...
loveablepuppies

QUOTE 3/13/2009 11:20:46 AM

Quote hedilbear:

Ok checked with a few different Vet's and some say no not at all as it can harm the puppy and then 2 said yes it can be given with the right dose .so I guess it is up to the individual to decide ...But I tell just lost my new great dane pup to parvo the one i drove 8 hours for and $1000.00 for because of a lady at the vet that new her rottie pup had parvo and had it around everyone else and petted my male dane and then i find out pup was sick , went home 4 days later my baby got sick and my van and $350.00 later my baby died in my arms with me kissing her and telling her I loved her and god would be waiting for her and then my 5 year old cried ..( sold my van to pay vet bills for her ) i HAVE CRIED FOR SO LONG NOW i WANT MY pEACHES BACK SHE WAS MY BABY AND A SWEET HEART..only 4 months old ..OH YES AND SHE HAD ALL HER SHOTS UP TO DATE !!!!! AND GOT IT ANYWAY.so if I had known of this I am not sure but might have tried it to save my baby ...
I am so so sorry to hear of your loss, I send my condolences.
beaglebrat

QUOTE 3/13/2009 5:43:14 PM

Quote hedilbear:

Wow, that is awful, I am sorry about your puppy. There have been a lot of Parvo outbreaks in a lot of areas in the country recently, even this winter.

Knock on wood.... we haven't had a problem for years since we started giving the Parvo only high titer shot at FIVE WEEKS called "Neopar".

Just so you know, the proper thing at a vet office is if a puppy/dog comes in with signs of Parvo is to get it to heck out of the waiting room. Like NOW, and put it in isolation and use quarantine protocol with staff and be very very careful that you aren't contaminating and killing other clients dogs.

I hate going to the vet, because it is hard for me to tell people, especially kids, that no you can't hold my puppies. Thankfully now I leave them in the car until they have a room for me.

This isn't the first time that someone has unintentionally infected puppies at a vet clinic. Terrible tragedy.

I know I have posted this many times, but people really need to start insisting that their vet at least TRY Tamiflu. Rescues that used to have a 90% mortality rate with Parvo are basically saving almost all puppies now.

Vets need to listen. I don't know if it is a money thing.... Tamiflu purchased at the walmart pharmacy should be between $40-120 per puppy for the full 10 days treatment. Depending on size and dosage (WHICH I HAVE DOSAGE IF ANYONE NEEDS IT!).

I know that some vets charge THOUSANDS to treat Parvo only to have the puppy die in the end. I wonder if those vets are choosing to use old methods because they make more money on the treatment, not the cure. If that is the case, there is a special spot in hell for those vets.

Anyway, people, please pass on this information. Even if you don't have a dog that has Parvo, make sure they know about Tamiflu to treat it, because you will be saving lives.
elyrose

QUOTE 3/13/2009 6:35:18 PM
i never heard of Tamiflu but if i ever go thru this again i will ask about it...my dog DID have parvo at 12 weeks old...one dr started treatment but would not excpet payments ,,,he didnt give my dog much of a chance....we found another dr. who would except payments and he gave the dog 80% chance....i am glad to say,,,he made it....he was on Amoxicillian, sucralfate,cemetidine.and metpoclopramide.......he stayed in hosp. for 4 days with IV...he is now doing good....i wish the same could of been for your poor babie.
ilovechihuahuascc

QUOTE 3/13/2009 6:43:26 PM
BLEACH will KILL an ANIMAL people!! Sheesh! Not sure WHY anyone would even take that chance with a living animal ..Please Keep all house hold chemicals out of the reach of your pets ...they are for cleaning your home .. not your animals... Birds.. can even die smelling some strong chemicals...So Please tal to vets about the right kinds of meds to treat your pets with ... that way it will save their life and you a lot of heart break.
loveablepuppies

QUOTE 3/13/2009 7:02:30 PM

Quote ilovechihuahuascc:

BLEACH will KILL an ANIMAL people!! Sheesh! Not sure WHY anyone would even take that chance with a living animal ..Please Keep all house hold chemicals out of the reach of your pets ...they are for cleaning your home .. not your animals... Birds.. can even die smelling some strong chemicals...So Please tal to vets about the right kinds of meds to treat your pets with ... that way it will save their life and you a lot of heart break.
There are no meds for parvo!

I know for a fact bleach can be given to animals or humans in small dosages and not hurt them, it is a overdose that kills them.

If you understand parvo and what it does and how it works the best thing you can do is keep your baby hydrated and boost their immune system.

I personally saved 4 pom puppies that tested high for parvo. They were throwing up and their stool was bloody liquid that shot everywhere. For future reference to anyone that wants to save their dog, I found you are your dogs best defense. Even a vet or their staff won't watch over them like you and we learned the hard way $1500.00 later and a dead puppy.

Pedialyte
Add the following to the pedialyte.
12 Ester C Vitamins
12 Echinacea

It takes about 1-2 hours to dissolve, keep in fridge.

Every 2 hours give your dog/puppy 3 syringe fulls even through the night. I think a 5 cc syringe this is for a toy breed you probably want to give more to bigger breeds.

If you can keep your baby alive for 3 days they should make it. They will probably throw it up but whatever you can get in them will help. If they have the energy they will fight you, I'm sure it tastes nasty.
hedilbear

QUOTE 3/14/2009 1:01:08 AM
Thank you all for your caring words, my Peaches was a sweet loving girl, that loved to cuddle and try to get in the shower with me, she was 4 months and 62.lbs and I so proud of her..but because of dumb*#% people the love of my light of my heart and my sons he loved her she slepted with him...And thank you for the info on Parvo, I have never had this is in all my 10 years in loving and breeding Dane's, my pups are always up to date on everything..thank the lord my other 2 dane's are fine they are older, but been so scared. this the most horrible thing I have ever seen , and never want it in my house again I have cleaned and bleached and done it again to make sure it is gone , but I know some takes months to get out totally...I miss my baby so much would pay $1000.00 again to have her back ...
miracletacos

QUOTE 6/26/2009 2:57:56 PM

Quote ilovechihuahuascc:

Currently I am taking care of a 8 week old Taco Terrier (chihuahua rat terrier mix) and her brother (he has not gotten parvo yet) and I have been doing lots of research on natural remedies and starting a week ago all of the dogs in the house have been getting 1/4 teaspoon of bleach in a gallon of water and she has been getting it too, the parvo is leaving her system at an incredibly fast rate. We are also giving her Coloidal Silver, Antibiotics (amoxicilin and oil of oregano) we give her pedialyte and gravy, and a oatmeal tea with sugar, and lots of water, she is eating solid food already, she is breastfeeding, only pooped blood once and now she is pooping solids, she made two trips to the vet and they injected her back with fluids, but like I said she is healing at an incredible fast rate. My mother breeds dogs and has been for years, and also has been using bleach for parvo for years. every dog and every puppy has been drinking this bleach water and none of the other dogs have contracted the parvo I have done loads of research, bleach is used for dogs, birds, people, cats and horses, anything you can think of, the key is to DO NOT USE TOO MUCH. we've found this 1/4 teaspoon to a gallon is a good amount and most other people talk of using a higher concentration.

Good luck with your parvo puppies.. Stick with love, attention and natural remedies, and add some bleach to the water. It is infact the only thing that will kill the virus so fast .. make sure you keep them on it for atleast a week or two after, and slowly give them less, its all like normal meds, they can relapse if not given enough time to get it all out...

Remember they mostly need sugar and water and antibiotics.. Keep them hydrated and loved they will make it if you catch it on time! One more thing, small dogs need atleast 60 ml of fluids a day! the oatmeal and gravy is a good substitute for food
And get yourself some coffee you will be up all night!
alright good luck everyone i will be back
meggersd25

QUOTE 6/28/2009 5:13:20 AM
I had a parvo pup and I took her to the hospital she spent the night there. I came home cleaned every surface with bleach water. I started a crock pot with a parvo diet (boiled hamburger and rice and added cottage cheese to cool it down for my other puppies) My other puppies didn't need to be treated in the ER. They did get a little cranky (could be they missed their sister) but with extra water they were fine. When my puppy came home I put her in diapers like the rest of the puppies and cleaned each room every night. I don't think you need to give harsh chemicals to a puppy. I think knowing what parvo is and early detection and prevention is the best medicine.
miracletacos

QUOTE 6/28/2009 9:32:13 AM

Quote meggersd25:

I had a parvo pup and I took her to the hospital she spent the night there. I came home cleaned every surface with bleach water. I started a crock pot with a parvo diet (boiled hamburger and rice and added cottage cheese to cool it down for my other puppies) My other puppies didn't need to be treated in the ER. They did get a little cranky (could be they missed their sister) but with extra water they were fine. When my puppy came home I put her in diapers like the rest of the puppies and cleaned each room every night. I don't think you need to give harsh chemicals to a puppy. I think knowing what parvo is and early detection and prevention is the best medicine.
lots of people dont have money for hospitalization. and at the vets they receive harsh chemicals.. she was so small its all we could do, and also this bleach water has kept 15 other pups from getting it. So it is working. everything else they get is natural
makedoo

QUOTE 6/28/2009 3:01:27 PM
ok its been a year i think they have figured out there problem
noskiveez

QUOTE 6/28/2009 3:09:35 PM

Quote makedoo:

ok its been a year i think they have figured out there problem
I think you dug up some old posts too.
sixptbuck

QUOTE 7/12/2009 10:38:11 AM
My puppies have parvo i already lost 4 of them i have one left and i think my younger litter has it to now any know how much Coloidal Silver should i give my pups?Any help would be grateful i have been trying everything i even started them on a little bleach in there water 1/2 tsp to gallon of half water half pedilite/gateraid  also i been giving them a herbal tea i been reading about online.please if anyone else has any ideas let me know i DO NOT want to loose anymore. Thank you
autumnrungreatdanes

QUOTE 7/17/2009 4:35:00 AM
The only thing I know is to keep them hydrated and give them plenty of Vit C. The only treatment that I know of the vets will do is keep an IV Fluid in them and give them antibiotics and keep them warm. Ive heard of this product but do not know how well it works, ive never dealt with parvo. Its called parvaid, Give the puppy Ox-E-Drops which is an antiviral product, also mixed in the Ox-E-Drops in a humidifier and placed in a small room with the sick puppies/dogs through the day. Also mixed in there food 4-in-1 Probotics which has Vit C in it and also mixed in Nzymes all found at First Choice Naturals or Nzymes. Contact Stan or Mike or the Nzymes company and tell them whats going on and they will help you.  Lesson here.... Breeders Do NOT allow people to come out and look at your puppies. That is how this gets started, by people coming out to look or strays running up on your property!!! 
Post Reply New Topic