Can anyone help?? :]

Can anyone help?? :]

puppy_lover51708

QUOTE 1/7/2009 3:11:08 PM
Hey everyone, im looking for a new Dog for my b-day, ive recently put my Scotty down in Oct. and my family and i both think its strange not have 3 dogs around the house. So im trieing to decide on another puppy to get. I want one that doesnt shed, it doesnt have to be a purebred, i have 2 mixes so im not leaning towards one or the other. I am not sure if i want a big or small Dog either, the 2 i have rite ones about 24inches and the other is 30inches. So i just need some suggestions....

can anyone help?
jrg858

QUOTE 1/7/2009 9:47:58 PM
well it depends on what your used to and what your really looking for in a dog
thedoglover2

QUOTE 1/7/2009 9:56:22 PM
Boxer I have hade one my whole life and they are great with other dogs and with other people. Also they are great watch dogs.
jrg858

QUOTE 1/8/2009 5:53:11 PM

Quote thedoglover2:

Boxer I have hade one my whole life and they are great with other dogs and with other people. Also they are great watch dogs.
boxers are great dogs but hey do require alot of soicialization and other needs but they are great dogs and they can be gaurd dogs too...yes there is a difference between a watch dog and a gaurd dog
puppy_lover51708

QUOTE 1/9/2009 8:48:22 PM
Well i LOVE Great Danes, and rescued once and she was VERY neglected, living in a small house no other dogs for socialization and no room to run VERY skinny. So i begged my mom and dad and they said yes, well her and my golden mix, DIDNT agree on anything, i tried to bring them both together asked alot of ppl what to do, and tried alot of stuff and NOTHING worked. So sadley my mom and dad didnt want any more of it, and we gave her to someone that will love her. Ever since i wanted one BAD.
hedilbear

QUOTE 1/10/2009 11:44:24 AM

Quote puppy_lover51708:

Well i LOVE Great Danes, and rescued once and she was VERY neglected, living in a small house no other dogs for socialization and no room to run VERY skinny. So i begged my mom and dad and they said yes, well her and my golden mix, DIDNT agree on anything, i tried to bring them both together asked alot of ppl what to do, and tried alot of stuff and NOTHING worked. So sadley my mom and dad didnt want any more of it, and we gave her to someone that will love her. Ever since i wanted one BAD.
Oh I so sorry , I bet it was because she felt she had to fight for what she need because of being neglected an being alone ,that so sad . I know what you mean, had Great Danes for over 10 years now and love them, they truely are gentle giants, I have 3 right now, Bear, Roxie, AN my new one Peaches, Black, Brindle, an Harlequin.I wouldn't have any other kind. But she or he is looking for a smaller dog a non shedding .Boxer are wonderful dogs to but not non shedding ..You need to google non shedding dogs to find some you like and it depends on if you are a very active person, or more home body..good luck find a pet .shelters have lots of non shedding dogs that need home to google shelter or rescue in your area...again Good luck
puppy_lover51708

QUOTE 1/11/2009 9:25:39 AM
Thank you! And yea i was thinking about a rescue. I have always had big dogs except for my Scotty, and idk if i wanna go back smaller or go bigger, so ill see what happens. i just know if i see a dog i like i will get it. :]

Thank you all for your help!
sammywammy1723

QUOTE 1/12/2009 8:44:01 PM
well if you go to a shelter try to find a very young pit bull. you can train it before its breed instincts will kick in and help the breed. pit bulls have trouble getting adopted. they are very loyal dogs. you have had dogs before so you should be perfectly fine with the training of a baby pit bull.
mutt_lover

QUOTE 1/17/2009 11:03:12 PM
my fav is GSDs i got mine from a rescue and he is great. hes sweet and a very good watch dog.
makedoo

QUOTE 6/5/2009 4:38:06 PM
If your are looking for a medium size sporty dog a cocker spaniel A little hyiper doy then a corgi. A little dog that just wants to snuggle a shih tzu a spoiled yappy little dog a yorkie a hypier medium dog a cute little beagle or pug But then a coker spainel just might be best it is also a snuggle bug and sporty thing
sassygal9

QUOTE 6/6/2009 9:13:00 PM
hello, i am going thu the same thing you are i just got a chinese crested. she is wonderful. smart ,loveable,. and great for people with allergies. i could not have made a better choice.
Post Reply New Topic