basset mix

basset mix

duncandoodle

QUOTE 1/2/2009 3:29:00 PM
Hello. I am the proud parent of a basset/pointer mix. I adopted him two weeks ago from a shelter in Petaluma, CA. I am not sure which breed is dominant as far as temperment and habits and I wonder how I can tell which breed is the 'dominant' so that I can do training accordingly.

Thanks,
Diane
puppy_lover51708

QUOTE 1/3/2009 7:26:05 PM
Im not fimilar with either breeds, myself but i heard that Basset Hounds can have a mind of there own at times, and Pointers are intelligent breeds, and are great in the field and kinda have their mind set once they start tracking. How there tempermented i would think they would have more domonance, the bassets are more easy going and kinda go with the flow. Thats an odd mix, a houd mixed with a sporting dog. HAHA but he sounds cute i love both breeds, i would also suggest on researching both dogs, you can on this site, if you go to Resources than Dog Breeds search Pointer and Basset hound and read about them. Thats what i would do.

Enjoy your new friend!!

I would love to have a basset!
game3136

QUOTE 4/18/2009 1:46:18 PM

Quote puppy_lover51708:

Im not fimilar with either breeds, myself but i heard that Basset Hounds can have a mind of there own at times, and Pointers are intelligent breeds, and are great in the field and kinda have their mind set once they start tracking. How there tempermented i would think they would have more domonance, the bassets are more easy going and kinda go with the flow. Thats an odd mix, a houd mixed with a sporting dog. HAHA but he sounds cute i love both breeds, i would also suggest on researching both dogs, you can on this site, if you go to Resources than Dog Breeds search Pointer and Basset hound and read about them. Thats what i would do.

Enjoy your new friend!!

I would love to have a basset!
edited PLEASE READ FORUM RULES.

noskiveez

QUOTE 4/18/2009 7:21:44 PM
Sometimes I really wonder about these comments.

leesagallo

QUOTE 4/19/2009 10:27:49 AM

Quote noskiveez:

Sometimes I really wonder about these comments.

L caught it before it got edited. Was an advertisement for puppies for sale. I often wonder what got said and edited too. LOL
Post Reply New Topic