Mating Morkies

Mating Morkies

isabeltovar60s

QUOTE 5/23/2008 11:44:18 PM

I have a boy & Girl Morkie & they are both winners.
I have to beautiful Morkies & I get lots of compliments & I am in total amazement with my doggies.
I would like a liter but I am wondering if anyone know of 2 morkies mating? I would love a 3rd & I have family members whom met my doggies and are crazy about them.
Curious in Gurnee, Illinois
Isa : )text
I have no complaints about my Morkies. If your doggie whines its because it want to potty, Mine let me know a.s.a.p. They are both potty trained & speak to me for attention.
I give them total attention & so do my kids. I am pretty much blessed with all my children. I pray every night for my blessing.
suebgone

QUOTE 5/24/2008 9:53:23 AM
they are both winners of what?

I suggest you get them all neutered & let the breeding to the people who have spent years doing the reserch on history & genetics of each line
perfectpom

QUOTE 5/24/2008 10:39:24 AM

Quote isabeltovar60s:

I have a boy & Girl Morkie & they are both winners.
I have to beautiful Morkies & I get lots of compliments & I am in total amazement with my doggies.
I would like a liter but I am wondering if anyone know of 2 morkies mating? I would love a 3rd & I have family members whom met my doggies and are crazy about them.
Curious in Gurnee, Illinois
Isa : )text
I have no complaints about my Morkies. If your doggie whines its because it want to potty, Mine let me know a.s.a.p. They are both potty trained & speak to me for attention.
I give them total attention & so do my kids. I am pretty much blessed with all my children. I pray every night for my blessing.
Noone reputable breeds mixes just because. We have enough dog over population now. Being impulsive because you think your pets are winners is DUMB!
moggie

QUOTE 5/24/2008 10:59:21 AM
i am assuming that you mean adorable when you say winners. i think this has been misunderstood. winner on here to most people means showing in competition or the ring with a win on beauty, confirmation, competition. i breed a very occasional litter of malti-poos. this certainly does not mean that i am not reputable. it means that i love the malti-poos and so do many many other people. i will admit that they are not near as fragile as the maltese puppies while young. with this said, why do you want to breed?? if you are thinking profit, forget it!! it is not going to happen. unless you are well seasoned, you will need to depend on your vet for the following.
1.possible c section..800.00 and up.
2.tail docking and dew claws. office visit and 15.00 fee for each puppy.
3. vaccines and dewormings...(another office visit) 100.00
4. health certificates...35.00 each puppy.

it is quite expensive when you have no knowledge or ability to do these things on your own. you will be lucky to get 3 to 4 puppies and you have already gone in the hole...not to mention the advertsing, paperwork, puppy packs, feeding and caring. you would be very lucky if you only went in the hole 100.00.

it is ALWAYS a risk to the mother.
you will also need to speak with the breeders of whom you got your dogs...research everything about them and their parents. discuss this potential undertaking with your vet.

just think, you could spay and neuter for a fraction of the cost involved with this litter of puppies. if your friends or family members want a morkie, tell them to buy one.

kathystone

QUOTE 5/27/2008 5:02:47 AM
A lady who was a client at my clinic had a beautiful shihtzu mix. The dog was over 2 years old, almost 3 when she decided to breed her.Yes, everyone in the family wanted a puppy. There were no shortages of homes for a cute little fluffy dog. This was before the rage on " designer dogs". So she bred Itsy to a male maltese poodle mix who lived across the street. The breeding was a success. Itsy was pregnant. Just about the time the pups were due my client decided to go on a planed vacation and leave Itsy with her mother. It was Memorial day weekend. One I will never forget! I was out of state visiting my elderly parents. My husband called and said that Itsy was in the emergency clinic and the client wanted me to fly home and help deliver the pups as Itsy was in bad shape. It was Sunday night at 2 am est. To get a flight from West Virginia to California was out of the question. I called the emergency clinic to see what was going on( the vet was a friend of mine and very able to handle most things) and she said the dog had been in labor for about 3 days. The owner's mom thought the dog was constipated and gave it a laxative for humans. The pup came half way out so Garandma dosed her again, mistaking the pup for a stool. That was Saturday night. In the morning Grandma said the dog was screaming so loud she put her outside. The neighbors called to complain so she stuck the dog in the garage. It was only when Grandpa saw the dog that she finally went to the vetr. There were 2 dead pups and 3 live ones. The mother was toxic and died that night. The vet bill was over $500. My client then had to hand raise the 3 pups. DFeeding every 2 hours around the clock. RELIGIOUSLY wiping and recording elimination. The pups got up to 7 weeks and came down with parvo. After another huge vet bill, 2 survived. One had seizures for the rest of her life. The other was ok. So, instead of having 3 cute pups and a mother dog, she had over $2,500 in vet bills and 1 good pup, one sickly pup. Was it worht it? No! Can it happen to you? You betcha!
Best thing to do? Spay and neuter your beloved pets and spoil them rotten. Then rescue a homeless pet from a shelter and that way everyone wins! Take your savings and go on vacation! Good luck!
moggie

QUOTE 5/27/2008 7:25:28 AM
WOW!! i would have to think this was a very close friend of yours with this litter, since the emergency clinic called your husband at 2am which in turn called you this hour of the night all the way across the country to catch a flight to california to save a litter of mixed breed puppies by performing a c section?? isnt requesting a vet to travel from wv to cal on a holiday weekend to perform a service any vet can perform carrying things to extreme a bit?? you stated that the dog was in an emergency clinic of which your friend(a vet) works and can do MOST things?? why couldnt this licensed vet working at an emergency clinic perform all things a regular vet can perform?? the bill at 500.00 was quite low for this procedure especially since it was an EMERGENCY clinic after hours. and one more question, i will assume since this was a client of whom requested your presence all the way across the country, that she also obtained your services once you returned to cal....unless you were gone for 7 weeks. the question is, why would these puppies have gotten parvo, if you have advised and administered the proper vaccines?? just wondering. this is all very interesting to me??
kathystone

QUOTE 5/27/2008 9:27:08 PM
This is not a forum to attack other people. The incident I was referring to happened in 1976 when we did not know alot about parvo. My reason for the post was to warn the po about an actual occurance that happened and what COULD happen if she choses to breed her dog. And, no I di d not fly back for a c section. Dr. roberts did a very good job but still lost the mother sadly.
noskiveez

QUOTE 5/27/2008 9:50:30 PM
I would think that if you were going to post a story like that, I would think someone would post a story that wasnt 30 plus years old.

$2500 in 1976 is also a bit of a stretch considering the average mortgage payment in 1976 was $329. I also find it odd that a dollar amount on ant particular patient would be remembered 30 years later

Release by the NY Times (Today)
http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=9F00E7DD173BF935A35752C0A967948260
bethmiller52687506

QUOTE 1/5/2013 10:52:52 AM
Yes you can breed morkie and morkie
You just have to do your due diligence and
Make sure you know all the risks for your
Morkie. 
Post Reply New Topic