Iams recall link

Iams recall link

dihart

QUOTE 8/8/2010 9:17:23 AM
here is a link to some information about the Iams recall concerning the samonella issue. It states it is only dry and only from 1 facility, but people should be able to read about it since it is not very well known.

http://www.iams.com/iams/en_US/data_root/html/recall_message.html

katiekat33

QUOTE 8/8/2010 2:05:46 PM
This really makes me mad; this should be all over the news.  Remember the pet food recalls from a few years ago? EVERYONE knew specifically which brands were under recall.  I thought Iams was a good product and our dogs did great on it......  now I have no clue what to feed.  I guess  I'll check the UPC codes and see if I have anything at home that matches.....

kathystone

QUOTE 8/8/2010 4:04:28 PM
 My aoplogy for my computer illiteracy. I googled iams pet food recall agina dn found www.walletpop.com, a watchdog group. They said this is the THIRD TIME IN AS MANY MONTHS that Iams and eukanuba have had a problem in one of their plants with salmonella. The one  currently under investigation is the  cinncinatti,ohio plant. However, on gather.com it mentions ALL iams products. I think I will start making my onw dog food.
shoobythedog

QUOTE 8/8/2010 10:36:18 PM
What? Iams is on recall? That's awful! Wow.. The network stations on the television really need to tell us. Good thing I don't feed my dog Iams.. I just hope no other dog gets sick.
dihart

QUOTE 8/9/2010 7:02:12 PM
 Well one of the gals posted that she does feed Iams and she lost several pups last week, such a tragedy. I copied and pasted her post so others can read. And yes Iams should be releasing this information to the public so we cna stop feeding it until this is cleared up. She said "I had healthy puppies playing in the yard on monday. Wednesday there were two who were abit slower. My vet said hypoglycemia and coccidia. Maybe but he did not do the test AND I have never seen black stool with coccidia. He treated them with albon at 3pm. They were dead at 6pm the same night. As the week went by more died. He did not want to necropsy any so I sent one to the lab at the university. It came back negative for both parvo and coccidia but they could not tell what killed the little guy.

This morning I have 14 pups buried. Then a friend emailed me about IAMS. I feed the small dog puppy. I am heartbroken and seething mad! There is NO WHERE on the internet about the recall until I went to iams.com this evening and then it is just a "precautionary meassure" recall of food tainted with salmonella.
"

kandy_kisses

QUOTE 8/20/2010 1:13:53 PM
This is one of the reasons I feed all my dogs all natural holistic vet formulated Life's Abundance!  They have complete control of their products from Mfg. to when it is shipped to your home!

They have NEVER had a recall!

Please see more at www.NaturalPetHealthFood.com

fidoscityguide

QUOTE 8/20/2010 3:43:40 PM
Life's Abundance is an great option.  Their whole attitude is different than the big dog food manufactures.  They really care about dogs and their owners.

I will admit I do have a connection to the company,  Life's Abundance is the sponsor of the photo contest at FidosCityGuide.  Which just proves they are interested in dogs,  they came to me to sponsor the contest,  they are real people with real intersts in dogs.
Post Reply New Topic