Help me be a better dog owner

Help me be a better dog owner

flawless2012

QUOTE 2/13/2012 5:06:11 PM
Hi all :)

I adopted this dog from shelter a few days ago, and wondering about his breed... he is some kind a mix I think. I want to know as much about him as I can, so I can give him the best care.

He's still a puppy, just 8 months old. I think this is not his original tail, someone must have docked his tail.

He looks something like labrador retriever, but his head is not as wide as labradors, or maybe he will grow more and his head will became wider?

He is much talles, with higher legs then retriever I think.

Maybe he is some kind of a pointer, but he's ears are a little shorter and not layed down so much like pointers ears...

any idea? Here are some of his pictures.

Thank you in advance.

PIC1

PIC2

PIC3
kathystone

QUOTE 2/13/2012 5:40:56 PM
 Thank you for adopting him. He looks like a nice dog. I would guess boxer and lab. His tail appears to have been docked. Worm him  and he will put on some weight. My vet has a wonderful worm tablet that is a mix of fenbendazole, pyrantel, ivermectin, and praziquantel. It gets all the worms and then some! Plus it is cheap!He gets it from equi-tox pharmacy. Ask your vet about it.
flawless2012

QUOTE 2/13/2012 5:45:47 PM
thank you very much for usefull info! will do!

dihart

QUOTE 2/13/2012 9:13:46 PM
kathy do you know the name of the tablet?
kathystone

QUOTE 2/14/2012 4:40:06 AM
 It is called 4 wormer Chewie made by equi-tox Pharma Inc in Central, South Carolina. I get the 51-100 pound tablets and split them into 6 pieces for 6 dogs. MUCH CHEAPER than buying Heartguard individually or Drontal Plus individually. 
puglover10101

QUOTE 4/30/2012 9:24:00 PM
  I like to say im a dog expert.... he looks like a greyhound lab mix. His face, and his legs are like a greyhound. The rest looks like a lab
dsn0207

QUOTE 5/1/2012 8:06:41 AM

Quote kathystone:

It is called 4 wormer Chewie made by equi-tox Pharma Inc in Central, South Carolina. I get the 51-100 pound tablets and split them into 6 pieces for 6 dogs. MUCH CHEAPER than buying Heartguard individually or Drontal Plus individually. 
Kathy, is that pill just for adult dogs or can it be given to puppies too? Do you know that actual name of the pill?  Thanks ahead of time.
kathystone

QUOTE 5/1/2012 5:18:04 PM
 It is good for pups over 8 weeks of age. It does not have a special name as Equi-tox is a pharmacy that makes different compounds at your vet's request.
Post Reply New Topic