Puppy with parvo

Puppy with parvo

txhopalong

1/10/2012 5:45:40 PM
Bought a puppy through a site. 2 days later the puppy went down with parvo, round worms.

**Removed by Next Day Pets, please do not post personal information.

She is out of Florida. She talks real fast, takes your money and walks away. DON"T TRUST HER unless you want a sick dog. I did...

**Removed by Next Day Pets, please do not post personal information.

I have provided all bills and Vet Documents. She will walk all over you. How can a broker say they know for a fact that a puppy is healthy, they can't. Must provide full egal docs. that support her words, if not they are just that useless words. I have called her out as a lier cheat a fraud scam artist. She is only in for the quick buck.

If this transaction would have been positive I would be on here giving nothing but praises and would recommend her but I cannot. In doing so I feel it is my "moral" obligation to spread the word and take every action possible to inform the public of what has taken place. I would feel bad if anyone had to go threw what I have not to mention what the puppy has and is still going threw. She will screw you blind - Be very leary of her. Puppy Ins. will not cover parvo.
dihart

1/10/2012 10:06:01 PM
so sorry to hear about this terrible event. I would like to just let you know that parvo can be treated with tamiful, the people flu medicine it it is not too far gone already. even many vets are not aware of the treatment. We had a big discussion about this a year or so ago. Here is a link to that topic if you want to check it out.

txhopalong

1/11/2012 1:27:49 PM
That is the 1st positive responce that I have heard. I know their are good honest hard working people all trying to do the right thing. Your repsonce is very much appreciated, Thank You.

The fault lies within me 1st and formost. I will never use a animal broker thru a website to locate another animal for me. For new buyers "please" use the upmost percautions.

1. Written disclaimer from the broker and Owner

2. You want to talk to and see there not only website but try to visit the onwers facility. DO NOT take the Brokers word that they know best.

3. You want to have in hand before paying for the puppy the owners vet shoot records, Name, number, address, website.

4. True Breeders will be more than forth coming in providing any and all information requested.

5. If not - Walk away - your fixing to get screwed.

All I know now is that I saved a german shepherd puppy from near death. She is still quite ill. I feel it's my duty to inform anyone who cares to listen what you could be getting yourself into.

I am now calling the Attorney General Offices as well as the BBB in Colorado on the owners as well as Florida where the broker resides from. and file charges against them in hopes to stop this insanity that has plagued the internet.

Good people need to find one another and stand strong. For those that left emails wanting to sell puppies and invited me to visit and to be interviewed both ways, Thank You. I'm sorry I didn't listen to my instincts.. will talk your head off just to get you to wire transfer your hard earned money then leave you hanging afterwards.
txhopalong

1/11/2012 6:15:12 PM
 I will continue to repost there full contact info on FB. until I am repaid for this sick dog. She is a Lier and cheat.
dihart

1/11/2012 10:09:22 PM
and follow whatever path you feel is necessary. 
there is always court. 
but still you might try the tamiflu on your pup if she is still not 100%.
jchamp52

1/12/2012 1:35:19 PM
Next Day Pets is not the total cause of getting a sick puppy. You can not really expect NDP to be able to monitor all the people that post ads on their site. Granted there are some really awful cheats on the site, but there are also many, many breeders on here that fight daily to keep the buyer aware of what to look for and how to go about checking out a prospective seller and the puppies they sell. Personally I do NOT trust a broker with my babies, I know there may be a situation where someone has to help you with the selling aspect of business. But I just can not see sending my babies to another house/kennel and have someone sell my babies for me. For one thing, how would you cover your health guarantee if the puppies were not under your care? How would you insure they were up to date on shots and worming? It is just too scary to even think about.

Worms are something that puppies tend to have very often, they are like children catching a cold at school....worms are also one of the EASIEST problems to solve! Parvo is another situation all together, it is a killer and if your puppy was diagnosed with Parvo within 3 days of arriving at your home. THEN IT CAME FROM THE BREEDERS LOCATION !!!!!

If the breeder does not want to cover their guarantee, then it may will be a nasty battle for you.

And to be honest, we have only heard your side, the breeder has not offered any defense......at least not that I have read.
administrator

1/12/2012 5:11:41 PM
txhopalong please read our forum rules linked here: http://www.nextdaypets.com/directory/dogs/forum/General-Dog-Talk~1/5709~1.aspx

If you cannot follow the rules, we will have to remove your account.  Thank you for your cooperation.

txhopalong

1/12/2012 7:15:11 PM
That is all I am trying to point out are these crooks like . Who say they are what they are not. I would love to see the day with her in court talking the BS that she claims. I have read countless misdealings thru this site. . has been very agressive  and hateful. She is not a good person. I will stand by this for this is my truth. I wouldn't here talking and saying these if they were not. Thats not right action. She knows she is wrong and this should be treated as a crime that I'm out 2k. $1250 for the BS dog and another 900 for roundworms and Parvo. No shot to speak of and this dog has not been dewclawed. You all h ave my personal phone number call me... I have to inform the public as a civil duty to the public to be very leary of broker and especially working thru the internet. I have no doubt that you all try to provide a safe site. This has been most disapointing thing I've have experienced since my accident 15 yrs ago that disabled me.
txhopalong

1/12/2012 7:22:55 PM

Quote administrator:

txhopalong please read our forum rules linked here: http://www.nextdaypets.com/directory/dogs/forum/General-Dog-Talk~1/5709~1.aspx

If you cannot follow the rules, we will have to remove your account.  Thank you for your cooperation.

I hear what your saying Jcamp. Shame on me for putting all my eggs into one basket. That is my fault. Lessoned learned. I will buy another puppy when the yard is safe to do so. I have many folks email me thru this site who wanted me to come to there facility to interview both ways. No brokers envolved. These sites guarantee the quality of there pets. This broker will not nor will the owner. So I'm out 2k but I did save the life of a german sheperd who would have surly died. What goes around comes around with that I feel comforting in knowing that money is money but a life is something to chearish. Most of my comments have been deleted. People like myself need to think seriously about what they are doing and not just jump in like I did. I paid for this site in within a couple mins. this chick was hounding me with calls asking for money before see anything for me.
txhopalong

1/13/2012 9:32:16 AM

It's my way to help others to Beware before you buy.

dihart

1/14/2012 9:40:47 PM

Quote jchamp52:

Next Day Pets is not the total cause of getting a sick puppy. You can not really expect NDP to be able to monitor all the people that post ads on their site. Granted there are some really awful cheats on the site, but there are also many, many breeders on here that fight daily to keep the buyer aware of what to look for and how to go about checking out a prospective seller and the puppies they sell. Personally I do NOT trust a broker with my babies, I know there may be a situation where someone has to help you with the selling aspect of business. But I just can not see sending my babies to another house/kennel and have someone sell my babies for me. For one thing, how would you cover your health guarantee if the puppies were not under your care? How would you insure they were up to date on shots and worming? It is just too scary to even think about.

Worms are something that puppies tend to have very often, they are like children catching a cold at school....worms are also one of the EASIEST problems to solve! Parvo is another situation all together, it is a killer and if your puppy was diagnosed with Parvo within 3 days of arriving at your home. THEN IT CAME FROM THE BREEDERS LOCATION !!!!!

If the breeder does not want to cover their guarantee, then it may will be a nasty battle for you.

And to be honest, we have only heard your side, the breeder has not offered any defense......at least not that I have read.
        I cannot believe that the pup did not have any of it's first booster shots, normal for us is certainly the 5-way booster and a parvo shot possibly a bordatella all before the pup is 8 weeks and near ready to leave for it's new home.  Likely 2 different types of wormers to try to cover all the bases.  And a record of the things that were given to the pup is always sent to (email or paper copy) the new owners.  that is just standard for any of the people that I work with.  There is still always a chance that a pup picks up parvo, getting ahead of the germ is a tricky business sometimes. Cant shove the shots on them too fast, but parvo is so resilient and everywhere.
        There are alot of us who are good with and for our clients and dogs. Just doing what we love (working with dogs) and using the tools of "this present day" ie the internet which is a big and scary place all on it's own.  The love of dogs leads clearly 2/3's of american household that own or want to own a canine companion. Things do happen sometimes with dogs health that are unavoidable, just like peoples I guess. But it sucks when you run into someone who is dishonest or misrepresenting themselves and the puppies they have.    I believe in your case  I read that the seller was in one state selling for someone who had the puppy in another state.  Hard to know what their practices and procedures were I imagine. 
kathystone

1/15/2012 12:46:26 AM
 I know you did not do this but for the other people who get  a new puppy and don't know better let me remind them that a puppy is a baby. I am amazed by the  number of people I see in Petsmart and other places with an 8 week old puppy out in public. At the dog park, the mall, anyplace they go, they take their new puppy. They don't know better. They don't think about what diseases the puppy is being exposed to. Immunity is an iffy thing at best. The puppy may not have enough to protect itself. Plus they think that because the breeder said it had "all it's shots" that is it. They don't get the 10 and 12 week boosters.  It is expensive so they skip it.  Then they come back on the breeder as selling sick pups.
dihart

1/15/2012 6:12:11 PM

Quote kathystone:

I know you did not do this but for the other people who get  a new puppy and don't know better let me remind them that a puppy is a baby. I am amazed by the  number of people I see in Petsmart and other places with an 8 week old puppy out in public. At the dog park, the mall, anyplace they go, they take their new puppy. They don't know better. They don't think about what diseases the puppy is being exposed to. Immunity is an iffy thing at best. The puppy may not have enough to protect itself. Plus they think that because the breeder said it had "all it's shots" that is it. They don't get the 10 and 12 week boosters.  It is expensive so they skip it.  Then they come back on the breeder as selling sick pups.
        yes and when a pick up day comes and I discuss the balance of shots that puppy needs with a new puppy owner, I do try to inform them that they can give their own shots if they are willing and know the steps to follow. Like keeping the 5 way booster cold on the way home from the farm store (taken an icepack or a cooler). and where to give it (between the shoulder blades, under the loose skin, not into the muscle). Some people will tell me, oh I could NEVER do that. And others are like, Yes I am a nurse and give shots all day so no big deal.
     I am not saying that the pup should not see the vet, just the opposite, they need to know their vet and have a yearly check up to ensure good health. And they need to have fecal tests done especially during transition time.  But the truth is that booster shots, except for rabies, can be given at home.  
txhopalong

1/16/2012 12:24:22 PM
 Thank you all for your kind words, truly are appreciated. Quick update with Destiny. I still have no records of shots from the owner nor the AKC papers. The owner did say she mailed them to the broker, why is beyound me. Destiny has received her 1st series of shots. My vet went under the assumption this dog was "NEVER" check out and that she is very lucky to have survived. Her stool is now beginning to form as it should and she is adding the weight. All this is very nice. I have put her on comfortis. She is looking much better.

About the broker I did a little research on her. She has no creditails to back her saying she is a broker other than her word. She also has a mug shot on the internet back in 06 for writing bad checks and was arrested. She says  that I ruining her reputation and that I'm nothing more than white trash who lives at home. Not to brag but I'm disabled own my own home and cars. Everything is paid for plus I have generous portfolio. My only mistake was not to have checked her out as I should have and relied on her word. She is a crook and if anyone wants direct info please email me. I will stop at no end to do my part to put an end to this puppy milling out. It has plagued the interent in the worst way possible. " I"M NOT TALKING ABOUT THIS SITE". It all starts with the so called breeders and brokers. No customer should have to indure what I have gone thru at the expense of a LIFE. Please don't do what I did. Be very careful and run background checks on everyone. A true breeder will be more than forth coming in supplying any and all info. This can be a postive experience and should be for everyone involved.

txhopalong

1/18/2012 10:53:04 AM
Just as I expected. The paper work from the owner came in yesterday. Between the Owner and broker they both complained through this site saying I'm unfair. The shot records say and I Quote " SHOTS". That's right, it does not indecated what shot were given and when they were given. Does not say who administered them as well. What it does say to me is that they Owner never took the puppy in to be examed, dewclawed or anything of that nature. Yesterday I tokk the puppy in to see whats up with her ears. They called it a severe case of yeast infection. They packed her ears with medication for 10 days then I need to flush her ears out with this solution every other day. Should take care of it. Another $100 to the vet. Within the last few weeks I'm into this for $1500 plus the $1250 for the dog. Like I have already said money isn't the issue. Doing the right thing, IS. I really hope this site blocks the Owner and broker form ever doing business threw this site. They do not deserve the right to continue selling as they do. Thsi broker has been arrested for check fraud. How much worse does it have to get to understand I'm fighting for cause to do the right thing. Anyways the puppies temperment seems to have calmed down after treating her ears. In the end this dog will have an excellent home for the rest of her life. She deserves that right. Shame On them. You all have God to answer to and justice will prevail.
txhopalong

1/24/2012 9:38:11 AM
is a back yard bitch breeder. Has no business breeding. Her paper owrk was something she printed out and gave the shots herself. She comes from a very poverty strictin enviroment. I googled the so called vet clinic. If the inside looks anything like the outside you could drive by and pick up parvo. That palce is that discussting. It is a hole in a wall. I'm in no way knocking the ecomonic level of life they choose to live, however, after looking at waht I saw on google maps this puppy was behind an 8ball. She is eating Blue puppy food now. Stool is still an issue. going to give a couple weeks and pray that nature will take it's course and fix this problem.  should stop trying to breed have no business in doing this. has no creditials prooving she is a broker other than word. She does have a record of check fraud with the. She works for a cab co. and will promise you the moon. Don't be conned by her fast talking. Hang up on her. She is a crook. Like the ol saying goes once a crook always a crook.
dihart

1/27/2012 11:25:48 AM
breeders giving their own shots is not anything new. As long as they are kept temperature controlled they are quite usable, and effective. 
txhopalong

1/30/2012 11:48:53 AM
On a good note - Destiny is doing much better. She is Blue puppy food and is feeling out very nicely. Her ears are just about cleared up and are looking real nice. She goes on 2 walks per day for the most part. She love people and loves to make noises not much of barking just her way of talking. Soon I will start her at a K9 country club and start training, just the basics for now.

This will be my last post.
administrator

2/1/2012 5:29:27 PM
txhopalong since you can't follow the rules of this forum, as we have asked multiple times, we have locked this topic.