Feedback

Feedback

captaincorbett

QUOTE 5/9/2011 9:53:56 PM
I cant find a feedback section on personel experiances with breeders. This flaky woman she sent us a contract to purchase one of her dogs with a clause that said no gurantee that the dog will be able to sire pups. We questioned her on it she went nuts and accused us of justing getting the dog for money and refused to sell to us. We had told her upfront we had a friend and we were going to breed the dog with our friends dog. Buyer beware I dont care if they say id verified it doest mean they are not a wack job.
nextdaypetsforumhelp

QUOTE 5/10/2011 5:04:50 PM
Welcome to our forum!

Please take a minute to read the forum rules to understand why we had to edit your ad to remove the breeder's personal information.

Forum Rules

If you have a complaint, please contact our customer support and we will fully assist you in resolving the situation with the breeder.  Thanks!

katiekat33

QUOTE 5/11/2011 12:14:02 AM
There is a lot involved in breeding, and maybe you misread the breeder. There's more to it than putting your dog with the neighbor's dog. I wouldn't guarantee the dog could breed, either. Heck, even some people cannot produce children; how can you guarantee a dog will produce?  Maybe the breeder wanted to be sure that her puppy was going to the best possible pet home she could find.  I turned down a lady who wanted one of my puppies as an investment. She was going to stud him out to neighborhood dogs, etc. Once I explained to her everything involved in breeding, and what she should ask for as far as health testing etc. for the neighborhood females, she changed her mind. At that point, I wasn't going to let my puppy go to her home anyway.  Every breeder has the right to refuse a sale if they get a bad vibe about the potential puppy owner. Apparently you had a bad vibe about her, too. That doesn't make her a bad breeder.
daisy5058

QUOTE 5/13/2011 11:21:14 AM
I agree that there is A LOT more into breeding than the average person knows. I educated myself before I started to breed.

First and foremost you have to make sure your dog comes from good stock. No genetic health or behavioral issues. I guarantee their health. Not that they can produce! There is no way to know if they can till you try. Just like with humans.

Breeding is NOT a get rich quick scheme! There is a lot that goes into this career than just buying the puppy and waiting for him or her to produce!

Educate yourself for the sake of the breed and the love of your new puppy.
kathystone

QUOTE 5/14/2011 2:51:44 AM
 I run a small dog rescue and have seen first hand the tragedy of what I call "idiots". Now before you get your shorts in a wad, let me tell you about one because it takes ALOT to qualify for that title.

Mrs X had a female  "teacup" shihtzu who weighed 6 pounds.  She did not have her dog spayed because she wanted to have puppies, just like your neighbor. However, the timing was never right and she could not find the right male.

When the dog was 6 years old a new neighbor moved in next door. He had a male Lhasa. The dogs were "put together" for two weeks and the female conceived. But then, six weeks later, there was an opportunity to go on an all expenses paid vacation so they left the female with their grandmother.

It was summertime, very hot. The dog panted   and seemed to be having problems with the heat. So Grandma put the dog in a cold water bath. That did not help so she put the wet dog outside. The dog dug a hole in the flowerbed so Grandma took the dog back home and left a huge HIGH bowl of water adn some food.

Three days later the owner came back on a sunday night. The dog was laying on the floor and moaning. At 3 AM she took the dog to the emergency clinic. The dog died on the table during a c-section. There were 4 pups. One was dead and had blocked the passageway out.The remaining three pups were in very bad shape, toxic to the max.

She called me to see if I would bottle feed the pups as she had to go to work every day and did not have the ability to take care of the pups.Never mind that it meant feeding them every 3 hours around the clock, isn't that what rescues are for?! And she would pay me $5 a day to do that. She would pick the healthy pups up in 6 weeks. Never mind they were on deaths door due to her stupidity.

SO the moral of the story is leave breeding dogs to the professionals tell your neighbor you are a responsible person who will not breed any old dog to make more unwanted, unplaceable puppies. It just might save you guys a $3500 vet bill and having to bottle feed pups every three hours around the clock...or are you a qualified person?!
dihart

QUOTE 5/16/2011 8:56:42 AM
That poor poor dog and puppies. Shame on those people. Sometimes you would just like to see them treated the way that they treat their dogs.  People have no idea what raising puppies entails sometimes. The late night deliveries, the bottle feeding, the lose of your dam and puppies and huge vet bills if you don't know what you are doing.

And then for this uneducated potential buyer to be pissed that the breeder would not guarantee the pup would produce a litter in the future (probably at her first heat the way this sounds) is ridiculous.  No one guarantee breeding stock that is unproven dude.  Educate yourself
jchamp52

QUOTE 5/16/2011 4:34:26 PM
Do the prospective buyers ever READ any of the comments posted on this forum???

There is a world of information being posted here on just about every subject involved with dogs and dog care.

I am still having people respond to my ads....asking questions that are clearly answered in the contents of my ad.

I spend quite a bit of time trying to cover as much information as possible in my ads, to try and educate the buyer some.... but it still seems to be beyond their capabilities to read the ad.

I seriously wonder if ALL they do is look at the picture
dihart

QUOTE 5/20/2011 8:52:09 AM
 JC, they may well read the info, but chances are they have contacted several possible sellers and it does get confusing if they have not saved back the ads to reread.  Who offers what, prices, warranties, full or limited reg, location, etc. So I think that is why, even tho your ads contain all the info pertinent to your puppy, the clients still asks repeatedly. I just try to be patient and reiterate the specifics to my pup. 
Post Reply New Topic