Just Wondering..

Just Wondering..

ashfoohatesyou

QUOTE 9/23/2010 11:55:24 AM
I am a high school senior. Soon I will be graduating, and I plan to get an apartment near MTSU, the college I plan to attend. I really want to get a dog, I've had them in the past but they were never strictly "my dog."

I would like to know what breed I should get. I want a fairly large dog, sweet and loyal to me, and I'd have a reason to walk them every day, so I'm excited.

I don't really like little yipping dogs, and I know getting a big dog would not be a good idea for a small apartment, but I'd still appreciate ideas. When I say big, I mean like an aus. shepard. big fluffly dogs. :)

kathystone

QUOTE 9/23/2010 3:40:27 PM
 I am glad you are going to college. It is NOT what you think it is. It is not an extention of high school. It is more like high school on a really fasty set of drugs. 

That said, please think about what your average day will be like. You will have classes to attend, each with a load of homework. You will have to get a job to support yourself if you don't have someone helping fund you. You will want to be a part of the fraternity/sorority thing and/or join some clubs. You cannot expect a dog to stay alone in an apartment for hours on end. You will need to make arrangements for walks etc if you are unavailable. Plus a big fluffy dog who needs lots of exercise like an aussie will..let me say it again...WILL find something to do. That usually means chewing everything and anything.Please reconsider getting a pet at this time. Wait until you have the time to really dedicate to a dog. They are little people in a dog costume. They don't deserve less than the best.
tteddyau

QUOTE 3/13/2012 1:23:05 AM
Hi,

It's great that your asking for advice, good on you. There are a few sites online which have good information of whats needed for each dog breed and how to choose the right pooch for you.

Here is one to get  you thinkin'

http://www.nextdaypets.com/directory/breeds/

God luck

TT
Post Reply New Topic