Pet Expenses

Pet Expenses

ahunter50

QUOTE 11/30/2009 8:10:24 AM
How much do you expect your regular pet care to cost you? How much would you spend for unexpected pet health?
dihart

QUOTE 11/30/2009 9:04:56 AM
I paid over $800 for my dogs c-section, that was unexpected......
mobullybabies

QUOTE 12/1/2009 10:56:17 AM
Well, vet charges are different depending on where you are located.   Several years ago, I bought a puppy from the Humane Society and within 4 months had spent over $4000.00 on hip surgery and getting her spayed (twice - long story) and other unexpected issues.   Other people would probably have had her put to sleep but I just couldn't do it - we still have her and she is 10 years old now.    That is an uncommon story though - most times you get a dog and it is healthy and fine with only shots and general health care bills which in my area would cost about $100 - $200 a year for general wellness.     In a bigger city that same stuff could cost about $500 a year.  Of course, how much you want to spend on unexpected issues is up to you.    Some people will spend $4000 (honestly, I wouldn't be able to do that now) while others draw the line at $1000, or even $500 or less.   Depending on where you live, I would try to stash back at least $500 for unexpected issues.    We have had her 10 years now and we only spend about $100 on medical stuff a year on her since then with shots, check ups and flea medicine.  
cheriegil009

QUOTE 12/1/2009 6:13:27 PM

Quote ahunter50:

How much do you expect your regular pet care to cost you? How much would you spend for unexpected pet health?
I tend to be practical on pet care, but realistic. I bathe my dog 2-3 times a week. And I allot one day in a month for a total pet grooming for my dog, Tintin, which includes cutting of the nails, teeth cleaning and cleaning of the ears. For it, my dog grooming expense runs between $450-600 for me.

Vet checkups runs on $100 per check-up more or less per visit... depending on the veterinarian available in the community.

Post Reply New Topic