Site looks even worse and much more cluttered!!!

Site looks even worse and much more cluttered!!!

beaglebrat

QUOTE 4/25/2013 10:58:06 AM
NEXTDAYPETS...... ARE YOU TRYING TO GET ANY INPUT AT ALL FROM YOUR ADVERTISERS THAT PAY YOU MONEY????? Just wondering. Wow.... this site looks AWFUL!!! So many ads.... some have to do with dogs, others don't.

Please explain to me how spending $5 a puppy to feature an ad actually gets more traffic when on every page it is showing a different way to "find a puppy" "match a puppy" "refine your search"......

If people are being encouraged to do specific searches, they AREN'T SEEING MY FEATURE AD ON TOP, ARE THEY????

The changes are killing this site, and I know the EXCUSE was that "google changed it's search engines"...... I know, and guess what NEXTDAYPETS..... my personal Puggle site ranks highter than your site does on a LOT of key words...... and I didn't need to place a bunch of ads on my site and I didn't need to make my site look like crap in order to do it.

The fact is.... I don't think that Nextdaypets values their real customers.... which are the breeders paying for their ads. Nextdaypets needs some STAFF that don't just know about websites, but know about dogs and dog breeding.

I am so ticked off about the dogs featured on facebook all the time I am about to "unfriend" nextdaypets, but that's going to be for my next topic.
beaglebrat

QUOTE 4/25/2013 11:19:44 AM
Seriously, my husband just looked at this "new re-launch" and said it no longer even looks like a puppy selling site, because there are so many other google ads all over.

I have a really good programmer and about 5 years ago we were working together on a puppy selling site. Things were going well on here, so we kind of abandoned it. I think it may be time to start working on the project again.

I want a BASIC SITE that feature puppies for breeders, not one that advertises prescription drugs and credit cards and if you squint your eyes real hard, you might find the puppy ad.
jchamp52

QUOTE 4/25/2013 11:59:57 AM

Quote beaglebrat:

Seriously, my husband just looked at this "new re-launch" and said it no longer even looks like a puppy selling site, because there are so many other google ads all over.

I have a really good programmer and about 5 years ago we were working together on a puppy selling site. Things were going well on here, so we kind of abandoned it. I think it may be time to start working on the project again.

I want a BASIC SITE that feature puppies for breeders, not one that advertises prescription drugs and credit cards and if you squint your eyes real hard, you might find the puppy ad.
Hi Beaglebrat,
I agree with you, by the time the buyer gets through all the "trash" ads they are too distracted or disgusted to look at puppies.
This is just no longer a site primarily for breeders and buyers, we have become a filler item for all the other junk on here.
I agree the economy has went down the drain, but having one of the prime selling site for breeders turn into an advertisment site for all things "other" has just killed the breeders business.
I have had 5 dogs listed for a totol of 10 months, all finally sold, but NONE sold via this site. That was a loss to me of $19.95 per mo plus many, many boost fees with NO return on my investment.
I wish NDP had simple left well enough alone. I really do not see how they could be loosing money when breeders prefered this site so much.
Many of the breeders are moving to other sites to try their luck, myself included.
I had always prefered NDP, it was affordable, easy to navigate, easy to list your pets and easy to sell. But now it is just an advertisment site with dogs just being sold as a small side item.

administrator

QUOTE 4/25/2013 2:23:47 PM
Hello jchamp52 & beaglebrat,

We value your feedback and your loyalty to Next Day Pets throughout the years. As Google continually updates their algorithm and dictates changes for site performance we were forced to re-evaluate the appearance of Next Day Pets and focus more on delivering better page load speeds while providing a better experience for mobile and tablet users. As you resize your browser our website changes its look and feel to better suit the screen width for the user. By the end of this year it is estimated over 50% of all internet traffic will be mobile/tablet based. This means sites like NextDayPets.com will continue to receive local and national traffic while increasing exposure for mobile/tablet users based on their search proximity. Sites that are not mobile friendly are pushed down the search results in favor of responsive type sites similar to NDP.

We have not increased the number of ad placements on the site accept for the listing page which we removed many of the ads that used to appear.

Next Day Pets pays a lot of money daily to funnel traffic from outside sources.. not just Google or Bing. To offset these costs, we have 3rd party ad placements to counter balance the costs for driving such traffic. It is widely known that customers who click on banner ads are more prone to leaving a website by clicking on a banner ad after they browsed the site.

Listings with video move significantly faster than listings without video and receive additional exposure through YouTube, Google and Bing. If you add video to your listing we then show your video clip to people searching on Google or Bing before they even click onto NDP.

We are working very hard to stay up with the times as dictated by Google, Apple and Bing and are only focused on providing the best services for our advertisers and buyers by providing the best and most secure puppy website. We are a puppy website and nothing more!

We will soon be offering tools to our breeders to provide protection from scammers. Through the years many of our breeders have voiced their concerns that we haven't done anything to protect them... That will change soon....

If you have the time try browsing NDP from your mobile device or even from an iPad.

We appreciate you both and would be sad to see you leave.
runningridge

QUOTE 4/29/2013 3:25:22 PM
Well at the moment I consider myself lucky to get pictures done and have NO CLUE as to
how to do Video and upload it. I am very concerned about the value of my spending dollars
now that VIDEO seems to be Next Day Pets main focus.
christinastorla

QUOTE 5/1/2013 2:47:50 AM
Really, don't side step the issue! And if you continue to say you redused off base adds. Pizza ANYONE? or How low can you go with match dating ads? Kids look for puppies people! ! ! Please don't keep useing Google and others for your grab for a buck ! Can anyone say SHOOTING SELF IN FOOT? Sunk our own site? Let's blame who this time? Get back to pets and start another website called Trash, junk mail, Pop ups, Everything but pets,
beaglebrat

QUOTE 5/3/2013 12:49:25 PM
Well.... I had my FIRST NEXTDAYPETS INQUIRY IN WEEKS!!! AND IT WAS A NIGERIAN SCAMMER!!! I am so glad to see my Premium upgrade money hard at work.

As to making things better for mobile phones.....that's horse crap. Maybe people will be using the internet more by the end of this year, but NOT WHEN THEY ARE SEARCHING FOR PUPPIES!!!!!!

NEXTDAYPETS, have you actually done any research as to when and where people are searching for puppies????? I will tell you from 15 years experience.... IT IS WHEN THEY ARE BROWSING THE INTERNET AT WORK!!!!!!!!!!

That is why I get so many calls Monday through Friday between the hours of 9-5. Often from their office phones.

Do you really think that people will be purchasing a puppy just by looking at tiny picture on their tiny phone???? I certainly hope not, and if they do, they are pretty stupid.

No matter the reason, the site is really cluttered and ugly now, 2/3 of the screen are ADVERTISEMENTS.

And NEXTDAYPETS..... the fact remains that despite all these changes, it has negatively effected breeders selling dogs on your site.

Eventually.....it's going to hit you too, because breeders will leave your site and spend their advertising dollars elsewhere.

NOW YOU CAN CONTINUE TO LISTEN TO YOU COMPUTER PEOPLE WHO DON'T KNOW JACK CRAP ABOUT SELLING PUPPIES AND WHO ARE WRONG!!!!!!!! WRONG!!!! WRONG!!!! OR YOU CAN LISTEN TO YOUR ACTUAL CUSTOMERS---WHO ARE THE BREEDERS, YOU KNOW, THE ONES GIVING YOU MONEY EVERY DAY OF THE WEEK.
administrator

QUOTE 5/4/2013 2:44:33 PM
Actually 41.9% of our current visitors access our site on a mobile device, and that number is steadily increasing. Keep in mind, many people have internet restrictions at work and use their mobile device to browse the internet while sitting at their desk. We are very much aware of our analytics and carefully analyzed them before undertaking such a large redesign.

We hope the design will grow on you, we have gotten many compliments from other breeders who aren't as active on the forum, but have instead emailed us or contacted via chat. Have a great weekend!
christinastorla

QUOTE 5/6/2013 2:21:52 AM
That is so funny! Not 1, Not ONE, of your supposed happy people will go on the forum. Face it you cludderd up the site. How can you lie directly to us. That we are so ignorant that we can't see your interested in the bucks of the advertizers insted of not only the integrity of the site but your selves. Have the class to admit it. And we should leave your site for the others who really advertize animals! Here is your Icon!
dihart

QUOTE 5/6/2013 3:31:43 PM
I dont like all the side clutter, but I do like the new picture format. They are bigger, can scroll thru them nicely, that I think clients will find helpful. Also alot of the other stuff is good, age is always current, everyday a day older. there are good things on the ad.
I have sold a litter this month on here.....depends on the dog breed I guess... I think the economy is up and down and that has an effect too.
beaglebrat

QUOTE 5/15/2013 1:08:48 PM

Quote administrator:

Actually 41.9% of our current visitors access our site on a mobile device, and that number is steadily increasing. Keep in mind, many people have internet restrictions at work and use their mobile device to browse the internet while sitting at their desk. We are very much aware of our analytics and carefully analyzed them before undertaking such a large redesign.

We hope the design will grow on you, we have gotten many compliments from other breeders who aren't as active on the forum, but have instead emailed us or contacted via chat. Have a great weekend!
1)I hope that people are not trying to find puppies based on their cell phone screen. That is just so stupid, but I guess a lot of buyers are stupid.
2)Guarantee MY customers are very few of that 41% that are using mobile.... because the majority of my clients aren't kids or teenie boppers trying to get mom and dad to buy them a puppy.... they are actually mature adults that if they are going to search for their NEXT FAMILY MEMBER.... it's going to be on a computer screen.

3)I just don't "buy" all the changes. THE NUMBER ONE PUPPY SELLING SITE HAS NEVER CHANGED!!!!!! WHY HAVEN'T THEY HAD TO KILL THEIR WEBSITE WITH CHANGES, ADS AND POP-UPS????? They have been around for at least 10 years and it still looks the same as the day I first found it.... and they are still ranked higher than nextdaypets for most breeds and key words.

AND THE KICKER.... that "Puppy Finding" site is 19.99 a month and they don't DING people $5 a pop for "featuring ads". If a breeder wants to relist, everyone has the same opportunity with out being charged for it.

I SPEND A LOT OF MONEY WITH THIS SITE.... I use to feature at least one puppy, every day of the week. Now, once they are featured, I don't see the value of refeaturing them. This site just isn't giving me enough traffic or business.

And.... Nextdaypets.... my husband also knows about site optimization and google rankings. Yes, our personal sites went down briefly, but then he tweaked them a bit and we are right back to very high rankings and we didn't need to clutter up our website with advertisements.

I have so many people contacting me about my Boxers, I don't think I would have enough puppies to meet every ones needs in the next 5 years!
beaglebrat

QUOTE 12/30/2013 10:21:08 AM
Well.... I need to find another advertiser. I have been featuring my ads and I am stuck with very cute, very well bred puppies after Christmas. In fact I didn't get any calls for the 3 weeks before Christmas.

My ads now say "reasonable offers considered". Sad. For a while, this use to be the only advertising I needed, but wow, it's just not working. The puppies are the same or better, but no buyers coming from this site.
administrator

QUOTE 12/31/2013 9:47:09 AM

Quote beaglebrat:

Well.... I need to find another advertiser. I have been featuring my ads and I am stuck with very cute, very well bred puppies after Christmas. In fact I didn't get any calls for the 3 weeks before Christmas.

My ads now say "reasonable offers considered". Sad. For a while, this use to be the only advertising I needed, but wow, it's just not working. The puppies are the same or better, but no buyers coming from this site.
beaglebrat,

We just reviewed your account and even though you state you have been featuring your listings, you do not have any current listings featured in your account. You last featured a listing on 5/13/2013, and of your 9 current listings, none are featured.

Your highest ranking listing has an Overall Ranking of 13,240 and a Breed Ranking of 71.

We would recommend featuring at least 1 listing to push it to the top.

Have a happy new year!
Post Reply New Topic