No luck advertising since site changed!

No luck advertising since site changed!

beaglebrat

QUOTE 3/13/2013 9:08:57 AM
This use to be the site I recommended to my friends for advertising.  Since the changes, I don't think I have sold a SINGLE PUPPY from this site.  It's terrible.  I spend hundreds of dollars featuring puppies, and it apparently doesn't do any good.  I am not even getting inquiries.

I don't think featuring is doing any good because this site has now made the searching so specific that more people are just looking locally and I don't get the east coast families that I use to.

Any hints to navigating this new system would be great or any new websites that more people are going to would be great because for the first time in 10 years I have puppies about ready to leave and very few buyers (none from this site!)

Also, I think the facebook feature is "great" I guess, for the few that get their puppies "featured", but.... probably not great for the other 99% of breeders not featured.  

kcwlegacy

QUOTE 3/15/2013 8:08:57 PM
BOY is that the truth.. Talk about messing a good thing up! Its been terrible and I used to love this site!
jchamp52

QUOTE 3/16/2013 12:53:32 PM
I am in the exact same situation, I have 2 Grand Champion sired litters, all 3 are females. They are 7 and 9 months of age. I have had about 3 emails asking about them, but they never contact me again.

This used to be my favorite selling site, and the forum has simply DIED.
I would love to find another option for advertising, this one does not seem to be helping the breeders at all!!! At least NOT this breeder.

I do not have a facebook, I can barely navigate email and this site is not user friendly anymore, a facebook account is beyond my abilities.

I haven't bred in several months, I DO boost my ads....but I have not seen an increase in calls or email, actually I have had NONE.

Rest in peace NDP :-(

christinastorla

QUOTE 3/18/2013 1:32:48 AM
You got it right! Rest in peace NDP. It should be called commercial central and ad by the way, we have people who pay us to also ad dog sales! We used to be able to get all the contact information on puppy match. It gives a better contact when you call or directly send them an e-mail. Now it goes to their junk mail! I don't think they know that is why we have junk blockers!
beaglebrat

QUOTE 3/18/2013 7:25:00 AM
Well... I am sorry that everyone else is having similar bad luck, but I am kind of glad to know it's not just me.   It would be nice if someone from NextDayPets could give us some insight as to what else we can do to advertise on here..... because featuring and bumping your ads to the top--DOES NOTHING!   I am probably going to quit wasting my money and try to find more sites to advertise on.   Maybe go back to puppyfind.  Or terrific pets.

It is so frustrating that they took the best puppy selling site and made changes that completely ruined it. 

I think they should totally kill the puppy match program and the search options that way if you PAY to have your ad featured.... people are actually looking at it and contacting the feature ads.

administrator

QUOTE 3/21/2013 11:44:08 AM

Quote beaglebrat:

Well... I am sorry that everyone else is having similar bad luck, but I am kind of glad to know it's not just me.   It would be nice if someone from NextDayPets could give us some insight as to what else we can do to advertise on here..... because featuring and bumping your ads to the top--DOES NOTHING!   I am probably going to quit wasting my money and try to find more sites to advertise on.   Maybe go back to puppyfind.  Or terrific pets.

It is so frustrating that they took the best puppy selling site and made changes that completely ruined it. 

I think they should totally kill the puppy match program and the search options that way if you PAY to have your ad featured.... people are actually looking at it and contacting the feature ads.

We are sorry to hear you all have received a lower response rate lately.  The changes to the site did not affect this, the fact is Google made some algorithm changes that lowered some of our rankings.  This happened before we launched the new site in November.  We are working very hard to bring our rankings back to where they were, but anything in the Search Engine world takes a while. 

We are also working on a new site that will be rolling out soon.  The new site will be responsive, which means the design will change if you are accessing it from a desktop, a tablet or a mobile phone.  The site will be much faster and we should also see improved rankings from the new site. 

We have heard your requests for the changes to PuppyMatch and we are adding back the address fields and other detailed information. 

Check your account balances, we gave you all a little gift for your loyalty.  Beaglebrat, we could only locate a buyer's account under your email address, please contact us so we can give you the same bonus.  Cheers!

ncarolinakeeshonds

QUOTE 3/21/2013 7:39:33 PM
Well, that explains everything! NDP has a new site coming. Well I for one wont be joining the new site unless You can fix the old one and lose the Customer service representatives with lousy attitudes.  Here is a fact, MONEY talks, MONEY would bring the ratings back to the site. You have to pay to be put in the search engines.

hind sight, I shouldnt have said anything but for years now I have turned google down when they steal my info here and beg for business.  MY response was always the same, it makes no sense for me to pay for top spots on google when puppyfind.com and nextdaypet both pay for that already. Clients type in  breed, it takes them to either site. since NDP has reduced their advertising, or not kept up with it, those leads now go to another site. I keep my ads fresh so I remain on top. 

I have had 4 litters ready for sale since the 1st of Jan 2013 25 puppies total, sold 18 the remaining 7 are just 8 weeks old.. out of 18 sales, 15 solid came from PF 3 came from NDP and to be honest the first thing I do is usher them to PF which is more user friendly, to navigate all my ads and photos.

One could say why risk a buyer in such a manner? well if they are gonna look elsewhere, they can do it regardless. I walk them thru .. the point NDP.. get over yourselves, fix the problem, and dont bother with the new site.. your reputation blows with this one, those of us who run ads full time.. wont bother, nor will we promote you'll be luck if we continue supporting this one!

kathystone

QUOTE 3/22/2013 3:56:34 AM
I have a small dog rescue in Missouri. I advertise here as well as on other sites. I used to get about 1/2 of my dogs placed through NDP but now if I get one response a day I am lucky. About every other response is from PF or one of the rescue only sites. It saddens me to think how many good breeders are in the same boat. How will people get their new purebred pet if not from ads they see on the internet. Through pet shops? Better to go to the source and see the facility, the parents and the love put into raising healthy, happy pups. And that takes good advertising.
dihart

QUOTE 3/22/2013 3:57:51 PM
wow well see what happens when I havent checked the forum for a couple of weeks.......nothing was going on here when I would drop in so kinda stopped doing it. 
    Just so I get to chime and and maybe get in on the credits from the admin, I have been wondering why the traffic from NDP came to a stop more or less. Have had luck with one certain  breed but basically nil on others. And I wondered why NDP comes up on the search almost on the second page of sites now. Way after certain others, which never had been before. Have been considering a search to find a "new home"

christinastorla

QUOTE 3/23/2013 8:41:47 PM
I don't see ant reduction on ads that don't pertain to dog if anything it is more! I also don't believe they are doing anything about are proublems with their site. I don't see the added information on the puppy match that they ad and take off each day. The help center is a joke because they don't respond or fix the proublems we have. I really don't have a proublem with paying the $5.00 to bump to the top but when you first pay your monthly charge, we should start at the top anyway! ! ! Not shove us somewhere to scam another $5.00 from us! Doesn't it make the site a little CHEEP? Going to try PF!
beaglebrat

QUOTE 3/23/2013 9:05:54 PM
Thank you to Admin, I actually contacted customer service last week about my feelings on the site changes and if there was anything else they could suggest.   It was a very friendly live chat rep.... they informed me that my ads and pictures were good and that I was bumping them up to the top, so other than video they really didn't have any other suggestions for me.  Which I said, my husband is a great photographer, terrible at shooting and uploading video.  I think I would probably have to pay someone willing to do that for me.

The customer service rep also said that the changes were due to Google, which I understand that as well.  Our own personal websites rankings also took a hit when Google did their changes.   It sucks.  Shame on Google.  They don't realize when they change things it can really hurt people's businesses.  

On a personal note... I have had a really good weekend selling puppies.  None from this site at all.  I also don't use PF for my Boxers, because.... they are just too expensive to compete against most of the ads on PF.    My husband has been working hard to get our personal websites rankings back up and we have had a lot more traffic.  Not to mention I have been posting more on my Boxer facebook page.  I get a lot of repeat business or referrals from basically doing things on my own.

I will still feature on here occasionally, but I don't find the value of doing it every day until...I see some results again.

I really hope that somehow NDP can bring back the customers. 

beaglebrat

QUOTE 3/23/2013 9:07:51 PM
Also... when I hit "find a puppy" like I was going to try to find a puppy..... it goes in to a very specific search of region and price range.  If people are filling that out.... chances are they aren't even seeing my ads because I am out of their area or out of their price range.

As an advertiser... I really don't think it should be that easy to exclude my ads, or why feature??????

What does everyone else think about that?

jchamp52

QUOTE 3/24/2013 4:44:32 AM

Quote beaglebrat:

Also... when I hit "find a puppy" like I was going to try to find a puppy..... it goes in to a very specific search of region and price range.  If people are filling that out.... chances are they aren't even seeing my ads because I am out of their area or out of their price range.

As an advertiser... I really don't think it should be that easy to exclude my ads, or why feature??????

What does everyone else think about that?

I did notice that the "find a puppy" has an option to choose "any location".

NDP really needs to add a comment that shipping fees are a seperate fee, so when the person states they want a dog that cost under $250.00 they will not be shocked when the breeder tells them about the shipping fees. Shipping fees for me run about $300.00 and that does not include my 3.5 hr drive each way to Atlanta, Ga. And I have Chihuahua, I can't imagine what the larger breeds are costing.

Shipping is an almost given for my location, so I usually have to ship my puppies.

If they want a dog for that cost NDP needs to figure out a method that the buyer will understand the difference between "pick up" and "shipping'' because bless their hearts....most buyers do not have a clue and do NO research. 
We are getting a lot of buyers posting "puppy wanted ads" when they are underage, or do not fill out correct info or simply be most of the info out. A valid phone number would be really nice, because I will not sell a puppy unless I am able to speak with the prospective owner.

Also, has anyone else been getting spam email from "somewhere" but with a NDP email header???? I have gotten more than my share, but I do not really want to block NDP from my email. 

I do wish to thank NDP for the money they added to my acct.

dihart

QUOTE 3/29/2013 10:59:25 PM

Quote jchamp52:

I did notice that the "find a puppy" has an option to choose "any location".

NDP really needs to add a comment that shipping fees are a seperate fee, so when the person states they want a dog that cost under $250.00 they will not be shocked when the breeder tells them about the shipping fees. Shipping fees for me run about $300.00 and that does not include my 3.5 hr drive each way to Atlanta, Ga. And I have Chihuahua, I can't imagine what the larger breeds are costing.

Shipping is an almost given for my location, so I usually have to ship my puppies.

If they want a dog for that cost NDP needs to figure out a method that the buyer will understand the difference between "pick up" and "shipping'' because bless their hearts....most buyers do not have a clue and do NO research. 
We are getting a lot of buyers posting "puppy wanted ads" when they are underage, or do not fill out correct info or simply be most of the info out. A valid phone number would be really nice, because I will not sell a puppy unless I am able to speak with the prospective owner.

Also, has anyone else been getting spam email from "somewhere" but with a NDP email header???? I have gotten more than my share, but I do not really want to block NDP from my email. 

I do wish to thank NDP for the money they added to my acct.

i would love to have a share of the “funds”  NDP’s cause I have been in on all the same troubles, just wasnt in the forum when this thread began.   
ederakennel

QUOTE 4/2/2013 9:08:08 AM
yes its the same for me and i spend a lot of money on here for years now... i expect my ads to be seen at least... your ads shoud be ranked by what your paying for them to be on top not .. not even seen out of location
christinastorla

QUOTE 4/7/2013 10:47:38 PM
Also I finaly got a response on live talk. NDP kept saying they were going to put all the buyers information back on puppymatch. Then they said they aren't because it would some how cut down scams. The same day I get e-mails from Africa! What they don't seem to grasp is people have to log on and pay for their match and or we are paying to give them the match! It also gives the seller to buyer a more personal touch to e-mail them directly. We pay for the all the advantages and ablities they could possibly give us. I also keep requesting a list of all the supposedly hundred places they advertize our puppies. They won't produce them! 
administrator

QUOTE 4/8/2013 10:43:09 AM

Quote christinastorla:

Also I finaly got a response on live talk. NDP kept saying they were going to put all the buyers information back on puppymatch. Then they said they aren't because it would some how cut down scams. The same day I get e-mails from Africa! What they don't seem to grasp is people have to log on and pay for their match and or we are paying to give them the match! It also gives the seller to buyer a more personal touch to e-mail them directly. We pay for the all the advantages and ablities they could possibly give us. I also keep requesting a list of all the supposedly hundred places they advertize our puppies. They won't produce them! 
All of the additional PuppyMatch fields will be added back to the site by tomorrow at the latest. Additionally, the buyer's email address will also be displayed. Look for our new mobile friendly site to be launching shortly.

In regards to the syndication of your listings, they appear on Yakaz.com, Locanto.com, Backpage.com, and Oodle.com which powers classifieds for over 200 local and national sites.
christinastorla

QUOTE 4/9/2013 1:46:39 PM
Thank you for putting the information back on. I have sold puppies because you put it back! BUTT you changed the whole consept of puppy match just now! Puppy matching boxes are jumping all over! Also why are you limiting the buyers and sellers to YOUR spacific area? I have people buying puppies all over because they don't want the breeders in their own area or want a different bloodline and look out of their area. Why would you knowingly sink NDP and not listen to your paying people.
administrator

QUOTE 4/9/2013 2:10:07 PM

Quote christinastorla:

Thank you for putting the information back on. I have sold puppies because you put it back! BUTT you changed the whole consept of puppy match just now! Puppy matching boxes are jumping all over! Also why are you limiting the buyers and sellers to YOUR spacific area? I have people buying puppies all over because they don't want the breeders in their own area or want a different bloodline and look out of their area. Why would you knowingly sink NDP and not listen to your paying people.
Hi Christina,

We would love to help you out, but don't understand how we are limiting buyers and sellers to your specific location. On PuppyMatch, you have the option to search by location, though it is not required. Therefore, you can search for all potential buyers within a specific breed. This same concept applies to the puppies for sale section, buyers can search by location if they wish, or can they can view all of the results.

We want you to love the new site as much as we do, please let us know how we can make your experience better.

Thanks!
dihart

QUOTE 4/9/2013 10:17:39 PM
on puppyfind you have the option to search by location also. I think people will do that first to see if there is anything in their area, then branch out if they don't find what they want close.
Post Reply New Topic