Puppymatch banner

Puppymatch banner

dihart

QUOTE 1/18/2011 3:44:12 PM
Dear Next Day Pets:

I have been told be a couple of clients lately that they cannot read my puppy ad because the puppymatch banner runs across the page and they do not see the "X" to get rid of it. Maybe you could make that "X" a bit more noticeable.

beaglebrat

QUOTE 1/18/2011 11:12:54 PM
I am so not a fan of puppymatch.  At times I spend hundreds of dollars a month for my ads to be on top placement.  Not to mention my time "bumping" the ads to the top.  Only to have other breeders snatch my potential clients with the puppymatch system.

I have tried it a few times..... wasted hours of my time contacting 25-50 families each time.  Hundreds of e-mails and only 2 were polite enough to reply. 

I have a feeling it is puppymatch is good for families looking for the bargain basement puppies and breeders fighting for the sale..... that isn't me.  My websites are well ranked and highly optimized on Google, I am starting to think NDP is not worth my advertising dollars, at least not to the level that I have been doing.

Since I spend so much more on NDP's than any other site, I could be using the same money to advertise on the next top 5 websites for a year.  Something to think about. 

Again as frequent purchaser of feature ads I am NOT a fan of puppymatch.  I would like to know from NDP how puppymatch helps or is good for breeders spending $5-20 per day featuring ads.....

jchamp52

QUOTE 1/19/2011 11:10:47 AM
I am a fan of puppymatch, as I am one of the smaller breeders that has to fight for nearly every sale. I believe my website is competitive, but I simply don't have the monthly income to finance mega listings with several other sites.

I DO have a problem with the stupid puppymatch banner hogging up the entire page to the degree that a potential buyer cant see anything but the silly banner.

Puppymatch would probably be much more effective if NDP had a question that asked the cost limit the poster wished to spend, that would eliminate a lot of waisted calls and emails.
dihart

QUOTE 1/19/2011 7:29:56 PM
   I like it, I use it, It is a personal choice....yes the ratio of replies is low, but when I have the time and I choose to, I will use it. BUT the fact is that a client can click on my ad specifically, and that NDP banner will run across the ad page blocking out all the specific info for my pup, THAT is what I am referring to/complaining about. Just make the "X" to make the banner go away more noticable Please!!  I would love to hear from the forum moderator

mopuppymom

QUOTE 1/22/2011 5:15:04 PM
I've also complained to ndp about the puppyatch banner. It covers up my puppy's info. When a person is inquiring about my baby,they have to email on dob,etc...Which is a waste of their time,and ours.We pay for these ads.Also

some of my contacts are contacted by these puppymatch people,before I am

contacted,and it's my ad!!! I don't mind the people who pay for the banner to advertise,just don't blot out our ads main info.....
jchamp52

QUOTE 1/23/2011 11:57:36 AM
SEVERAL breeders that pay to post on NDP went into lengthy detail several months back about the stupid banner (among several other problems) NDP did attempt to correct some of the complaints, but the banner was and still is a major problem that NDP seems either unable or dis-inclined to fix it.

I guess we will all have to get together again with a list of the major things that effect our ads and see if NDP will fix any of them.

I know the last time we all got together and voiced (very loudly) our concerns, a few changes were made.
nextdaypetsforumhelp

QUOTE 1/24/2011 1:33:54 PM
We have modified the banner, and there is now a very large "CLOSE" link that will be pretty hard to miss. 

jchamp52

QUOTE 1/25/2011 3:00:13 AM
Thank you very much for the improvment :-)
mopuppymom

QUOTE 1/27/2011 6:36:31 PM
See how much gets accomplished when we discuss things!!!

NDP did a great job with the puppymatch banner
dihart

QUOTE 1/31/2011 9:17:19 AM
 I absolutely agree. Thank you Thank you for that minor adjustment which will make a great improvement for our potential clients.

bobbyjr

QUOTE 2/5/2011 9:39:23 AM
Can anyone tell me when you mark the contacted box on puppymatch if the people drop off the list or do they stay on the list?  I have not had puppies for a while so it's been a couple of months since I have been on puppymatch and I thought before that they dropped off.

Thanks
jchamp52

QUOTE 2/5/2011 12:20:53 PM

Quote bobbyjr:

Can anyone tell me when you mark the contacted box on puppymatch if the people drop off the list or do they stay on the list?  I have not had puppies for a while so it's been a couple of months since I have been on puppymatch and I thought before that they dropped off.

Thanks
Before NDP re-vamped their website the selections you chose as "contacted" were automatically moved to another section for you. That is NO longer the case, the listing remains with all the other postings.

The check mark you place in the contact block will let you know you have sent them an email, but you have to re-open every single listing (at least I do because I have no memory skills).

You will notice quite a few added updates that are to help NDP sell products, personally I wish they had left some thing alone.
nextdaypetsforumhelp

QUOTE 2/6/2011 12:40:13 PM

Quote jchamp52:

Before NDP re-vamped their website the selections you chose as "contacted" were automatically moved to another section for you. That is NO longer the case, the listing remains with all the other postings.

The check mark you place in the contact block will let you know you have sent them an email, but you have to re-open every single listing (at least I do because I have no memory skills).

You will notice quite a few added updates that are to help NDP sell products, personally I wish they had left some thing alone.
If you use the advanced search function that is found on the main PuppyMatch page, only individuals that you have not contacted previously are returned.  If you simply look at all of the English Bulldog PuppyMatch listings, that will always display every listing.

jchamp52

QUOTE 2/7/2011 5:09:40 AM

Quote nextdaypetsforumhelp:

If you use the advanced search function that is found on the main PuppyMatch page, only individuals that you have not contacted previously are returned.  If you simply look at all of the English Bulldog PuppyMatch listings, that will always display every listing.

Well I must be doing something incorrect, I can not seem to find the "advanced search function" or it has another name. All I am able to pull up the all the listings. Please explain how I need to do it so only the new listings - but not the ones I have contacted will show up???
nextdaypetsforumhelp

QUOTE 2/8/2011 2:45:49 PM

Quote jchamp52:

Well I must be doing something incorrect, I can not seem to find the "advanced search function" or it has another name. All I am able to pull up the all the listings. Please explain how I need to do it so only the new listings - but not the ones I have contacted will show up???
Go to the PuppyMatch page by following this link:

http://www.nextdaypets.com/directory/dogs/PuppyMatch/

Near the top of the page, there is a pink button that says 'Search Listings.'  You must be logged in for this button to appear.  Click the button, and a search form will appear with different options.

jchamp52

QUOTE 2/9/2011 12:40:32 AM

Go to the PuppyMatch page by following this link:

http://www.nextdaypets.com/directory/dogs/PuppyMatch/

Near the top of the page, there is a pink button that says 'Search Listings.'  You must be logged in for this button to appear.  Click the button, and a search form will appear with different options.

It did not work for me, but that may be because I cut and paste the individual's email address and send the email personally. I DO NOT use the one that goes through NDP.
nextdaypetsforumhelp

QUOTE 2/9/2011 9:38:51 AM

Quote jchamp52:

It did not work for me, but that may be because I cut and paste the individual's email address and send the email personally. I DO NOT use the one that goes through NDP.
Our system only knows if you use our email form or you mark the profile as contacted.  If you are emailing outside of NextDayPets, simply click on the 'Contact Buyer' tab, then check the 'Mark as Contacted' checkbox.  The next time you perform a search, that profile will not be returned in the results.

jchamp52

QUOTE 2/9/2011 1:09:28 PM

Our system only knows if you use our email form or you mark the profile as contacted.  If you are emailing outside of NextDayPets, simply click on the 'Contact Buyer' tab, then check the 'Mark as Contacted' checkbox.  The next time you perform a search, that profile will not be returned in the results.

That did not work for me, when I pulled up the listings, they still showed the ones that I had sent an email to, even the ones that stI had placed a big check mark in the "contact buyer" block.

I guess it is OK though, I have learned to just look at all of them again...unless I remember one of the names.
dihart

QUOTE 2/9/2011 4:38:47 PM

Post Reply New Topic