Arizona Mandatory Spay/Neuter Bill

Arizona Mandatory Spay/Neuter Bill

jchamp52

QUOTE 5/18/2010 7:42:54 PM
Does anyone know the actual requirements for an individual to own a NON Neuter or spayed dog in Arizona? They are not a kennel or breeder, do they still have to get the permit?

The reason I ask is because an individual wants to get one of my puppies and they asked about the restrictions, this is an elderly individual and appears to have limited knowledge of how to go about getting answers to this question. I feel it is my responsibility to find out what I can for her.

I checked the AKC site and it only states the bill was introduced in 2008, but not much more info, it was the same on the Internet. I am hoping a breeder in Arizona may have more info.  
splitoakkennels

QUOTE 5/20/2010 10:46:06 AM
I looked up the dog law and state statutes for AZ and they don't need a permit. They will have to pay an additional fee to license their pet if it is not altered. They must have said pet licensed and vaccinated and the licensing fee is a little higher for an unaltered pet versus one that has been spayed/ neutered.

hope that helps
jchamp52

QUOTE 5/20/2010 12:05:35 PM
Splitoak,  thank you to getting the info for me, at least now I have more information to give the prospective buyer.
Post Reply New Topic