Puppy wanted ads (for nextdaypetsforumhelp)

Puppy wanted ads (for nextdaypetsforumhelp)

jchamp52

QUOTE 3/25/2010 2:30:51 AM
On the form that the prospective buyer fills out, is there any way NDP can advise the prospective buyer that there is a huge fee for shipping dogs?

It seems the biggest majority of buyers have NO clue there is an additional fee of between $250. and $300. for shipping related fees. This is not a figure the breeder pulls out of their rump, we have NO control over this fee!!

I know most breeders post this fee in their ads when they list a puppy to sell, but again....it seems the majority of people that post the puppy wanted ads FAIL to view the for sale ads for some reason.

While we are asking....can the option to ship or pick-up be on the opening page of the puppy wanted ad, it would save a lot of time. 

I remember several months ago when we listed all the changes we would like that was one that was requested.
nextdaypetsforumhelp

QUOTE 3/25/2010 2:47:33 PM
Thank you for your comments.  We will consider this change with our next site update.

jchamp52

QUOTE 3/25/2010 4:55:53 PM
How often do you do site updates?  When is the next one scheduled?
katiekat33

QUOTE 3/27/2010 1:08:11 PM
I agree with jchamp; it's a big pain to have to load another page to see if the prospective buyer wants shipping or pickup only on a puppy.  I really, really liked the old format, before last summer's changes, and I've expressed that opinion numerous times.  When WILL the site be updated and our suggestions considered?  I know there were more people besides myself who expressed this opinion.  It was much easier when we could tell at a glance about the shipping options. ALSO, I really liked the old format when the contacts we jhad already made were taken off of that first page.  I hate going to the second page, only to see that I've contacted that person already.
nextdaypetsforumhelp

QUOTE 4/7/2010 10:15:50 AM
We have added 'Delivery Method' to the outside of the PuppyMatch profile, in order to accommodate this, we had to remove 'Property Type.'

jchamp52

QUOTE 4/7/2010 9:12:43 PM

Quote nextdaypetsforumhelp:

We have added 'Delivery Method' to the outside of the PuppyMatch profile, in order to accommodate this, we had to remove 'Property Type.'

I am sure I am speaking for all the breeders when I say THANK  YOU.

I am sure it will help all of us.
dihart

QUOTE 4/8/2010 5:53:28 PM
YEP! A big "Way to go!" for NDP 
dihart

QUOTE 4/8/2010 6:00:11 PM
     and just to add my 2 cents worth in about shipping that jcchamps was speaking of in the original thread. Isn't it funny when someone contacts you and tells you what they want to pay for shipping? ....someone told me a few months ago "well I know that shipping should run around $230 additional" and I said, yeah, for the flight probably, but what about all the other stuff that you have to have legally and morally to fly a puppy;  crate, water & food dish for said crate, vet checked health certificate, gas for transportation to the airport and the parking fees ya have to pay while U R there. It all adds up for the breeder and truth be told sometimes you end up eating a bit of the cost to keep the prices down for the client. Obviously the cost is tied into how much the pup you are shipping weighs too, but the costs keep going up when the airlines raise their prices too.
dihart

QUOTE 5/31/2010 11:21:36 AM

jchamp52

QUOTE 5/31/2010 5:27:04 PM

Quote dihart:

and just to add my 2 cents worth in about shipping that jcchamps was speaking of in the original thread. Isn't it funny when someone contacts you and tells you what they want to pay for shipping? ....someone told me a few months ago "well I know that shipping should run around $230 additional" and I said, yeah, for the flight probably, but what about all the other stuff that you have to have legally and morally to fly a puppy;  crate, water & food dish for said crate, vet checked health certificate, gas for transportation to the airport and the parking fees ya have to pay while U R there. It all adds up for the breeder and truth be told sometimes you end up eating a bit of the cost to keep the prices down for the client. Obviously the cost is tied into how much the pup you are shipping weighs too, but the costs keep going up when the airlines raise their prices too.
The NORMAL buyer never does any research on what is involved with shipping, they simply want a pet (and the cheaper the better)  they honestly do not understand why the breeder cant sell and ship them a puppy for $200.

Another big grip I get from the buyer....why the puppy cant be shipped to the airport that is 10 miles from their house instead of them having to drive 80 miles to a bigger airport. And we wont even go into the weather restrictions.
beaglebrat

QUOTE 6/1/2010 11:33:36 PM
I have absolutely NO USE for the puppy match thing. In fact as a person that spends between $10-15 per day and a WHOLE LOT OF TIME in relisting fruently so that MY ADS ARE ON TOP--- I think that it takes away from the buyers that I am paying to have notice me first.

It is too BLAH of a description of what they want, and generally it is the bargain shoppers. That isn't who I cater to. My dogs are hands down the best in my breed. I do the most health testing and have by far the best guarantee for my breed. Not to mention the best looking/quality puppies.

Most are PET PET PET quality on here. A POOR REPRESENTATION OF THE BREED. Yet, people don't know the difference. They look at the price tag.  You don't get a Mercedes for a Yugo price.

To be fair the puppy match should be more specific.

Do they want a puppy with no guarantee, 1 yr, 2 yr, 3 yr, 5yr?

Do they want a Champion Sired puppy?

Champion Bloodlines?

Show prospect?

Pet?

Some health testing on the parents?

No health testing on the parents?

A puppy isn't just a puppy. There is more behind it-- and it seems like puppymatch is all about price.

Honestly, I feel like why bother?  I know my prices are higher than the junk puppies. My ads are always in the first 7 from the top. If they want one of my puppies they are going to see it.

Big BOO to puppymatch.

Post Reply New Topic