Help

Help

leahmoore

QUOTE 12/18/2009 8:00:09 PM
Hi I live in the Las Vegas area. I recently lost my home to forclosure, and no matter where I look in the area,the rentals don't want or won't let me have my dog. His name is Chance.He is a red healer. I rescued him from a shelter 6 years ago, just in the nik of time.(he was going to be put down the next day) thus his name. I was hoping someone out there could help me in finding him a good home? He is well trained, will even walk beside you without a lead. Won't someone have the Christmas Spirit and help. I love him very much and really want a wonderful person to take my pal. Thanks in advance, Leah Moore
joand

QUOTE 12/18/2009 9:36:42 PM
Hello Leah,

Im so sorry to hear about your losing your home. In the future you will have one again.  Is your dog a Pom?  I Pom passed on after 14 years last December and I miss her very much. We had a happy life together. How old is your dog now and can you send me a picture? My email is importantnewsnow@yahoo.com. I would love to hear from you and I wish you the very best. I know how difficult it can be when you have a dog and you want to rent. Now I am fortunate I live in a place that allows dogs and I had my Millie here for 14 years. Hope to hear from you joan d

donneta

QUOTE 12/19/2009 8:46:47 AM
Times are getting "RUFF" with our present government; lots of people are loosing homes and jobs.   I assume you are with family/friends until you find the perfect new rental.  I hope that you might find one that will allow a dog.  Maybe a house with a fenced yard would be available for you and your dog.   Perhaps you can put dog up for adoption here on Next Day Pets, and there are other agencies that will help find a dog a home if you can not find a place that will accept a dog.   I hope you can keep him. Sorry,  I am sure you already know this.    God Bless you and Wishing you the best,  Pups
dihart

QUOTE 12/20/2009 9:14:39 AM
HI Leah, when I have people asking me about rehoming dogs, I tell them that a couple of the things they can do are to put up flyers at the local vets offices in the area.  in fact, taking your dog with you to the vets office and  letting them meet him is a good idea if he is a well behaved puppy, then they can see that first-hand. And anywhere else that will let you post flyers I would try, restaurants, banks, you are a local in Vegas, so you know the places I am sure.  Also, if you have the money to run a small ad in the Vegas area paper for a good dog free to a good home, that can help also. some area also have rescue groups that can be contacted, and as someone else mentioned, listing him here at NDP under

"find a dog" & "dog rescues" is a good idea.  Good luck Leah, we are praying for you. 
beaglebrat

QUOTE 12/20/2009 8:21:40 PM
Hi Leah,

Are you sure you have exhausted all of your resources for finding an apartment that will allow you to keep your dog? More and more apartment complexes are allowing dogs. It MAY NOT be in the EXACT AREA you are hoping for, and it may be a little "crappier apartment" than you would prefer, but to say you can't find anywhere in a city as big as Las Vegas, seems a little far fetched.

My sister is living in Arizona right now and got a different job in California. She is moving to San Francisco on 1/11/09 and she found a dog friendly apartment strictly by looking online..... and it isn't in as good of a neighborhood as she would "like" and it is a bit smaller, but her dog is worth it to you.

The reality is, you are going to have a very difficult time finding a home for a dog that is over 6 years old, and even if you do.... please make sure you micro-chip it prior to adopting it out, because statistics say that your dog will probably end up in a shelter yet again, because older dogs...if the original family is not going to make a permanent commitment to it, who says the new family will?

Post Reply New Topic