Another Weekend...More Scammers

Another Weekend...More Scammers

mobulls

QUOTE 10/18/2009 2:53:24 PM
So, just when is NDP going to get their act together and get rid of all the scammers??? We continuously complain about them and our complaints fall on deaf ears! Right now at this very moment there are 9, yes! count them, 9 scammer adds on the English Bulldog page (2:00pm). Those of us that raise Bulldogs have had a very tough time, we post adds warning people about scammers and pay the extra $5 to have it featured and NDP just pulls them down! So...if there are 9 featured scammer adds than that means NDP made $45 off of the scammers, is that why NDP won't keep them off of here? How do scammers get verified??? As soon as Monday morning rolls around all the scammers are kicked off but they are allowed to remain all weekend. Our customers even complain to US, the breeders, about the scammers. NDP is really making a name for themselves this way, they are starting to get the same comments that some other "pet sale websites" get that allow scammers. It's too bad, NDP used to be the best thing on the net, but they are loosing ground fast.
jchamp52

QUOTE 10/18/2009 6:54:14 PM
Several of the breeders made list of all the things we needed change and posted them on here, NDP is in the process of "reviewing" them to see if they can make any changes.

That was over a week ago, I have no idea how long the review will last, so far I haven't noticed ANY changes...but we did put together quite an extensive list.  You can check all the complants we posted, most of them are NDP general and not breed specific. 

My breed, Chihuahua is a high number dog, so it would be really difficult to spot the scammers simply by the cost of the dog.

I believe all you need to get verified is a checking account and 5 bucks (I have been verified a long time-so the fee may be different now)

NDP does not have operators on the weekend - they just have auto money acceptance.....so the scammers can have a great time over the weekend.

I don't understand WHY  NDP would remove the warnings you and other breeder "pay" to post???

ANY honest breeder would be thrilled for warnings to be posted against scammers. We have hard enough competion from breeders selling good quality dogs without having to worry about crap scammers that hurt us, because the normal buyer (90%) do not have a clue what to be aware of, so the only one that suffers from scammers are the honest breeders.

It seem the only way to get attention from the monitor is to post, post, post and re-post the complants, and finally one will respond to shut you up. 

beaglebrat

QUOTE 10/19/2009 6:26:29 PM
I have a great idea. Only accept new accounts that are from the USA, Mexico and Canada. THOSE ARE YOUR CUSTOMERS.

If it is coming from Nigeria or Cameroon-- those are never ever ever real. Sorry to the 1 dog breeder in all of Cameroon that are really trying to sell puppies on this site, but it is for the greater good.

dihart

QUOTE 10/19/2009 10:37:44 PM
I agree completely!

unfortunately there are some dishonest in the states too, but the percentage in much much lower. nothing good comes out of cameroon or africa that I have seen concerning dog sales.
tuckw8

QUOTE 10/20/2009 11:31:56 AM
It is disheartening to know that every weekend the scammers take over. I guess I just feel that since this is a recurring problem that it would be looked into, it happens every weekend and has been ever since the website changed, before the change we never had scammers on my breed. Doesn't that seem odd to anyone else? If an add is posted warning against scammers NDP pulls it down and sends out a canned response to that lister and says something to the effect that they are "looking" into it. I know this website is making plenty of money with all the featured adds costing $5.00 a pop, and that is okay, I will pay for a service that works, but when you have to compete with scammers that are not only ruining my business but NDP's as well, kind of makes you wonder what the motive is here. And the most important people that suffer are the customers, is it fair to them? They are scammed into sending money for a puppy that never comes, is NDP partly responsible for that happening? Maybe they aren't responsible but it would be in their best interest to prevent it, it is ruining business for all of us and breaking the hearts (and banks) of the consumer.
ktchisel1

QUOTE 10/20/2009 12:32:59 PM
Next Day Pets can (if they choose to do so) help stop a large part of the scammers.   I am having issues with Next Day Pets at the present and I am not pleased.  However, most scammers are in countries outside of North America.  Next Day Pets could block access from computers outside of North America.  It would not really be difficult but it would cost them a few extra dollars which I feel they are not willing to spend. 
nextdaypetsforumhelp

QUOTE 10/26/2009 2:45:41 PM
Some of our members have been wondering if we make money on the scammers listings. I assure you, we do not. As soon as we find out a user is a scammer, we have to credit any money spent on the account’s credit card because it is stolen, and we actually lose money in the process due to transaction fees. The true owner of the credit card will fight the charges once they discover their credit card was stolen, unless we proactively return the money before they can make the claim.  So, even if an ad is up all weekend, as soon as we see that it is a scammer, it is removed and we lose in the process.

You see, ID verify is not a fool proof process because of identity theft. For the same reason that identity theft is so dangerous for you, it is dangerous for us. The scammers who become ID Verified have stolen the entire identity of their victim. Just like an identity thief can access one’s bank accounts, and other personal and private data, they can become ID Verified because  they have ALL the required information.

Some of you have asked why we don’t just block IP addresses from places like Nigeria. We do, in fact, block the entire continent of Africa, however scammers can get around this block. They proxy into servers in the United States so their IP addresses each show up as a United States based IP.

mobulls

QUOTE 10/29/2009 10:12:47 AM
EVERYONE PLEASE READ! Can you believe this! I am constantly battling scammers, when I find that they have stolen my pictures I email them and threaten to "turn them in", I repeatedly reply to scammer adds that are posted here on NDP and tell them to get a real job and stop stealing from innocent people. Well....I got this response from a scammer this morning and thought I would share with everyone here at NDP! This a copy/ paste from the actual e-mail!

Tina Ayuk to me
hey woods  i forgot to thank you the last time you mail me and said i was a scammer you you remember that you gave me a perfect web from which i could get good pics and information for my scamming. any way i am from Cameroon and as you know i am not a female though i bare a female address. your pics from www.mobull.com has help eat money from some very stupid white fellows. you know the we are happy doing this because we want to repay what you white guys did to us during colonization making us slaves and carrying away our raw material you are all what we call JUNKS. THANKS BUT NO THANKS

winddial

QUOTE 10/29/2009 2:40:07 PM

Quote nextdaypetsforumhelp:

Some of our members have been wondering if we make money on the scammers listings. I assure you, we do not. As soon as we find out a user is a scammer, we have to credit any money spent on the account’s credit card because it is stolen, and we actually lose money in the process due to transaction fees. The true owner of the credit card will fight the charges once they discover their credit card was stolen, unless we proactively return the money before they can make the claim.  So, even if an ad is up all weekend, as soon as we see that it is a scammer, it is removed and we lose in the process.

You see, ID verify is not a fool proof process because of identity theft. For the same reason that identity theft is so dangerous for you, it is dangerous for us. The scammers who become ID Verified have stolen the entire identity of their victim. Just like an identity thief can access one’s bank accounts, and other personal and private data, they can become ID Verified because  they have ALL the required information.

Some of you have asked why we don’t just block IP addresses from places like Nigeria. We do, in fact, block the entire continent of Africa, however scammers can get around this block. They proxy into servers in the United States so their IP addresses each show up as a United States based IP.

So what your saying is it costs too much money to "catch" them and reverse credit card charges?  So you allow them to stay? 

I geuss it's a money loosing situation either way so might as well let them call NDP home.  I believe it would be in somebodies best interest to keep at least one hired person to cruise for scammers even on the weekends. Seems kind of pointless just to have somebody policing only through the week.  Could you imagine if our city police departments only patroled through through the week and not weekends?  Weekends would become chaos such as they have become on NDP.  I have already canceled my subscription to NDP as it isn't doing me a whole lot of good anymore.  Don't you realize the scammers are taking advantage of knowing you don't have anybody on staff through the weekends, it's almost like inviting them.  Send them a party invitation while your at it. Ok scammers, stay off M-F but we will turn our heads the other way for Saturday and Sunday so scam em while you can, party's over come Monday morning.   

I wonder how many complaints it will take to the FCC to get them to crack down on aiding international fraud? 
nextdaypetsforumhelp

QUOTE 10/29/2009 3:12:59 PM
The purpose of our prior explanation regarding scammers was to explain that we DO NOT make money off them. That does not, however, mean that we do not delete them. We do not just “allow them to stay.”  In fact, we have now dedicated more staff to the removal of scammers. You should see significantly fewer scammers on the site now, even on the weekends. Thank you everyone, as always, for the feedback. We greatly appreciate your input.
mobulls

QUOTE 11/8/2009 10:20:23 AM

The purpose of our prior explanation regarding scammers was to explain that we DO NOT make money off them. That does not, however, mean that we do not delete them. We do not just “allow them to stay.”  In fact, we have now dedicated more staff to the removal of scammers. You should see significantly fewer scammers on the site now, even on the weekends. Thank you everyone, as always, for the feedback. We greatly appreciate your input.
More dedicated staff??? Whatever. It is currently 9:10am on Sunday morning and there are 5 - yes 5- scammer adds posted right up on top for English Bulldogs, all the pictures are stolen, the names are stolen and the phone numbers are stolen. If WE can figure this out why can't NDP? I want to mention that this past week I got an email from NDP's biggest competitor, they were kind enough to alert me that someone attempted to use my name and my website to advertise English Bulldogs on their site! They looked into the name, the email address and the website, when they saw that my contact info listed on my site was different then "the scammers" it raised a red flag, they put the account on hold and contacted me to ask if this was a legitimate add, of course I told them it was not as I don't even advertise with them! But it does seem that this advertising venue cares about getting rid of or at least catching the scammers and they make an attempt to keep them off their site and from ripping off innocent folks! Now, when will NDP step up to the plate and do likewise? Do they understand that in the English Bulldog circles they have become the laughing stock? Those of us that have English Bulldogs get together and chat about all the scammers, in fact we won't feature adds on weekends anymore, waste of money for us! We can not compete with scammers low prices. I am wondering if sooner or later the right person will get ripped off and make an attempt to prosecute NDP as it seems they are very well aware of the scammers and yet they make no means to stop the criminal actions, does this make NDP accountable????
mobulls

QUOTE 11/8/2009 10:20:43 AM

More dedicated staff??? Whatever. It is currently 9:10am on Sunday morning and there are 5 - yes 5- scammer adds posted right up on top for English Bulldogs, all the pictures are stolen, the names are stolen and the phone numbers are stolen. If WE can figure this out why can't NDP? I want to mention that this past week I got an email from NDP's biggest competitor, they were kind enough to alert me that someone attempted to use my name and my website to advertise English Bulldogs on their site! They looked into the name, the email address and the website, when they saw that my contact info listed on my site was different then "the scammers" it raised a red flag, they put the account on hold and contacted me to ask if this was a legitimate add, of course I told them it was not as I don't even advertise with them! But it does seem that this advertising venue cares about getting rid of or at least catching the scammers and they make an attempt to keep them off their site and from ripping off innocent folks! Now, when will NDP step up to the plate and do likewise? Do they understand that in the English Bulldog circles they have become the laughing stock? Those of us that have English Bulldogs get together and chat about all the scammers, in fact we won't feature adds on weekends anymore, waste of money for us! We can not compete with scammers low prices. I am wondering if sooner or later the right person will get ripped off and make an attempt to prosecute NDP as it seems they are very well aware of the scammers and yet they make no means to stop the criminal actions, does this make NDP accountable????
nextdaypetsforumhelp

QUOTE 11/8/2009 11:25:09 AM

Quote mobulls:

Thank you for your concern.  We do have a more dedicated staff and the scammers have been removed.  We are constantly monitoring the site on the weekends, however if they are added throughout the night we cannot remove them until the next morning.

We are well aware of the scammers and do we do take actions to stop them.

beaglebrat

QUOTE 11/8/2009 3:20:22 PM
MoBulls-- It really just seems to be a problem with English/French Bulldogs, and probably Yorkies for the most part, just like the other "big competitor" you mentioned, plus a few of the medium sized websites that I advertise on. It isn't a secret and it shouldn't be a shock. They go after the most expensive breeds first. I do think Nextdaypets is "trying" and that the scammers are just getting better at going around things.

What would you suggest NDP's do differently? It seems that they now staff on weekends, but not 24 hour a day. They know their finances and maybe they do not feel they can be available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

If it is still a huge problem for you..... DON"T FEATURE ON THE WEEKENDS! I don't anyway, because it is generally a waste of time. People sit on their computer a work looking for puppies most of the time. It isn't on the weekends anyway.

To: NDP's, maybe you can tell your staff to focus first on the breeds I mentioned, or maybe make a different criteria for posting and featuring on those breeds. Thank you for trying.

mobullybabies

QUOTE 11/8/2009 11:56:10 PM
I'm confused.   Can someone explain something for me?

I'm new to selling puppies on-line and am just learning about all these scammers.   I can't believe how many I have seen and in just the past two months I can pick them out at first glance.    It's horrible and I have had two of my customers tell me that they got ripped off by a scammer before they found us.  

Anyway, my question is this . . .

Are these people really from Africa, or Cameroon or whereever they say they are from?   I just figured they were people in the U.S. that were stating they were in Africa or where ever.    Is it the same small group of people that post on all the web sites or is there a huge amount of people in Africa that do this?  

Also, I have had scammers contacting me to buy my puppies.   What is with the relay calls?   I feel horrible - what if a deaf person is really wanting to buy my puppy?   But I don't believe it for a minute either.    And, I don't get how they send you a check and then you send them money back.   How can their check be cashed if it isn't good?    And if it does get cashed, and you send them the money do they really want the puppy too?   I would assume not but I'm just confused.

Any type of explanation for me would be great.   Thanks!
beaglebrat

QUOTE 11/9/2009 4:37:43 PM

Quote mobullybabies:

I'm confused.   Can someone explain something for me?

I'm new to selling puppies on-line and am just learning about all these scammers.   I can't believe how many I have seen and in just the past two months I can pick them out at first glance.    It's horrible and I have had two of my customers tell me that they got ripped off by a scammer before they found us.  

Anyway, my question is this . . .

Are these people really from Africa, or Cameroon or whereever they say they are from?   I just figured they were people in the U.S. that were stating they were in Africa or where ever.    Is it the same small group of people that post on all the web sites or is there a huge amount of people in Africa that do this?  

Also, I have had scammers contacting me to buy my puppies.   What is with the relay calls?   I feel horrible - what if a deaf person is really wanting to buy my puppy?   But I don't believe it for a minute either.    And, I don't get how they send you a check and then you send them money back.   How can their check be cashed if it isn't good?    And if it does get cashed, and you send them the money do they really want the puppy too?   I would assume not but I'm just confused.

Any type of explanation for me would be great.   Thanks!
People generally get scammed, but they either, aren't doing their homework, or they are trying to get a very expensive dog, for practically nothing.

These people are from Nigeria/Cameroon. They are a bunch of African people that sit in these internet cafe's all day and run scams on people. If you throw out 1000 fishing lines, you may eventually get a bite.

It isn't just with dogs! Google "411 scams".  They even have had a Dateline story on it.

These Nigerians try, and DO take American's money every day. For cars, boats, horses. Anything large and for sale over the internet. It is the same people that try to lure people in with the promise of money from some frozen account.

I am glad they live in Africa, because they are going to be warm when they die!

I don't even know what these Africans do with the money? Buy ice? Air conditioning?  I wish the United States would bomb them to China I freaking hate every person in Nigeria. Their only  income for the whole Country is Scamming Americans out of money!

As far as how they do it.........I imagine that it is getting to be more difficult, since all the banks are aware of the scam, but what they would do is send a very good forged Cashiers/Bank check--- and the address doesn't exactly say Nigeria.

So the bank would complete the transaction, and by the time the original cashier company discovers it is a fake, may take several days or even a few weeks. During that time the person ships out the car, boat, puppy, and they send the balance back to the Nigerian, via Western Union.

Then when the Bank discovers the mistake..... it is not them that are out the money, it is YOU. They come back on the person that turned in the fake cashiers check.

So that person is out the item (car, boat, puppy), and they are out the hundreds or thousands of dollars that they sent back to the Nigerian.

WESTERN UNION IS ALSO AT FAULT FOR SUPPORTING THESE NIGERIANS!!!!!!

WESTERN UNION is certianly aware that 99.999999999999999% of any transactions with money being sent to Cameroon or Nigeria is an American Citizen being scammed!!!!!!!!!

Yet this company continues with the transaction BECAUSE THEY ARE MAKING MONEY ON THE DEAL!!!!!

Why isn't our Government fining WESTERN UNION? Why isn't Western Union held accountable? They are at the very least, aiding and abetting felony theft every minute of every day.

It is disgusting what BIG BUSINESS is allowed to do in our country!

vannah25

QUOTE 8/14/2012 1:50:08 AM
i agree this site is a scam in itself i really thought they were legit but they are scammers themselves thats a great question how do they get verified , the answer to that is as long as you submit the payment your right in the door no problem! so everyone keep a lok out on ur account and watch to see if they dont keep taking money for crap you did not sighn up for! im upset and im jhaving my bank card shut down tomorrow morning! and i hope this company falls, for scamming legitimate people who are here to only rehome their pups and or full grown dogs and diddnt ask to be robbed
dihart

QUOTE 8/16/2012 12:21:19 PM
I have never had NDP take money out for anything that I did not authorize. And I think that if you are it is because you are not paying attention to what you are agreeing to when you as a seller, commit to posting your ads.  I know every genre  on the internet has scammers on it.  there are many way to avoid being scammed, being alert and aware is one of them. 
Post Reply New Topic