Help Make NextDayPets.com Better

Help Make NextDayPets.com Better

nextdaypetsforumhelp

QUOTE 10/12/2009 11:47:26 AM
Hey folks. We would love to know what kinds of changes you would like to see in the NextDayPets.com community. Of course, not all suggested changes will be possible, but we will do our best to change things for the better to keep our community members happy.

Regarding the session time out some of you are experiencing: At the moment, you should remain logged in for 1 hour (which is longer than before the site change-over in late June). We are not sure why some of you are finding that you are logged out before that amount of time, and have not been able to recreate that problem on our computers in the office or at our homes. Our programmers intend to further extend the length of your logged in sessions (beyond one hour), however, they are presently consumed with immediate matters of development and maintenance. This issue will be attended to as soon as possible.  

For your information: the NextDayPets.com forums are not for use as an advertising platform for other sites. Those posting advertisements for/links to products and puppy search sites will have their forum privileges revoked.

We look forward to hearing your ideas everyone, and hope you have a great Monday (well… as great as a Monday can be).

runningridge

QUOTE 10/12/2009 10:32:05 PM
Well if I haven't been revoked from the forum, I'll post my suggestions.

Since I wrote an 8 line item one and it kicked me off when I tried to submit

I'm going to do it 1 by 1 this time around.

1.  Please remove the SOLD section from being viewed by Others.  I personally

don't see a reason for it at all but at least remove it from view by others.
runningridge

QUOTE 10/12/2009 10:33:39 PM
2.  Limit the time that an unedited or unlisted Ad can remain.  My suggestion is

45 days maximum.  By that time they've either sold the puppy or should update with more current information.
runningridge

QUOTE 10/12/2009 10:34:54 PM
Please Please Please .... stop that VERY IRRITATING Puppy Match sign from coming up and stopping in the middle of the page.
runningridge

QUOTE 10/12/2009 10:37:07 PM
Please limit the number of FEATURED ads per breed to maybe just the first page.  I don't mind paying for the monthly subscription but that is useless as the

only way to get a viewable spot is to also pay for a featured ad.  I can live with

page 2 for a normal unfeatured ad.
runningridge

QUOTE 10/12/2009 10:39:06 PM
Please stop the PuppyMatch sign from coming in on searches.  When I search and NextDayPets comes up as one of the searches and I click to go to that

one, it comes up and then the PuppyMatch sign zips right into the middle and

covers up all of the information.

Why would you make it so that people viewing from searches can't actually

see the information that I PAID to post?
runningridge

QUOTE 10/12/2009 10:42:44 PM
Please allow us to sell or delete a dog without giving you the buyers information or being penalized for not doing so.  I've sold several locally and the buyer

has declined to give me their email addresses and when I explain Why I would like to have it they have made it very clear they do not wish to participate.

runningridge

QUOTE 10/12/2009 10:48:47 PM
Your index/home page is confusing and is no longer geared to Puppy Sales

but for the sale of Merchandise for Next Day Pets.  I don't mind paying a

monthly subscription but when I do I expect that what I'm paying for to be

the PRIME Focus.
runningridge

QUOTE 10/12/2009 10:54:24 PM
As we've all said, the TIME OUT is getting VERY irritating.  It did it to me

tonight so it's still an issue.  Why not at least a 12 hour log in?  Maybe I'm

not aware of some issue with a longer log in but I would think 12 hours

wouldn't be that big of an issue.
runningridge

QUOTE 10/12/2009 10:57:58 PM
I'm not fond of those new little insertion dividers in the ads.  I tried the I.Q. one last weekend to find that it was one of those SCAM ads where they tell you, you

can win something but I highly doubt even 1 of 100 can do all 7 of the things to

get it.   Why would you want to be associated with such an ad?
runningridge

QUOTE 10/12/2009 11:02:49 PM
I'm not sure why NDP felt the need to revamp a site that appeared to be Tops in

it's field but I don't feel it has been to the benefit of the subscriber.  Maybe it was

financial and had to be done - I don't know - I just know my inquiries from NDP

has hit rock bottom, sales even worst from inquries from here and when I have

asked people to go here and tell me what they think, I haven't had one that gave

it a thumbs up as navigation was a MAJOR issue with each of them.
That's my 2 cents - take it for what it's worth.
jchamp52

QUOTE 10/13/2009 5:36:03 AM

Quote runningridge:

I'm not sure why NDP felt the need to revamp a site that appeared to be Tops in

it's field but I don't feel it has been to the benefit of the subscriber.  Maybe it was

financial and had to be done - I don't know - I just know my inquiries from NDP

has hit rock bottom, sales even worst from inquries from here and when I have

asked people to go here and tell me what they think, I haven't had one that gave

it a thumbs up as navigation was a MAJOR issue with each of them.
That's my 2 cents - take it for what it's worth.
You have covered all the major problems that I can think of right now.

My imput can wait to see if anything will be done.

I am sorry I nearly got you in trouble for answering my question, it seems the forum help has selective viewing.  Hopefully if enough of us voice the same concerns they can make some changes (back to the way it was).
beaglebrat

QUOTE 10/13/2009 10:54:59 AM
I would agree with 90% of everything Runningridge said.

It does seem like the new site is more geared for selling puppy products instead of selling puppies. I would guess that this site still makes more income on breeder/advertisers than product sales--so please respect YOUR CUSTOMERS, the breeders. Please make PUPPY SELLING the primary focus of nextdaypets again.

That puppymatch thing popping up and blocking the ad screens every time someone clicks on a puppy is obnoxious and needs to go. I can't view my own ads or anyone else's with out the big 'puppymatch' ad, lumbering through obstructing my view. -- if I was a buyer, I would find that very annoying.

I 100% agree that there is WAY WAY too much puppymatch ads forced upon people looking on this site. KILL IT ALREADY. Have it to where you can click on it once or twice and if people want to use it they will.

The insertion dividers are very irritating and take away from the focus of finding puppies. They are distracting.

I don't care how long ads are left up, because at the end of the day, people aren't going to look at ads near the end-- so what does it matter?

I disagree most with RunningRidge about limiting the number of Featured ads. If I want to pay $5 per puppy every day to get mine to the top, that should be my choice, and if I do pay $5 per puppy (often multiple times per puppy) I want my featured ad to remain above those that did not pay anything. There would be no way to be fair and limit the number of featured ads--- unless Nextdaypets would just like to exclusively feature mine-- then I would be great with that. LOL.

Another thing, I find curious, is that you have to give up your customer information in order to post videos, and the reason is that it takes more "bandwidth" or something.

For the breeders that do not want to give out their customer information, you should be able to PURCHASE video credits. If it is about offsetting bandwidth cost, fine.... some advertisers would be willing to pay.

However, the thing I find funny about that, is that people who are NOT ADVERTISERS can post pictures and videos on this site for free in the Picture/Video section. Why is that?

I guess that is it. I do appreciate the input and the changes that have been made per breeder request.

Thank you.

beaglebrat

QUOTE 10/13/2009 11:04:56 AM
Looking at another thread, one more thing that also needs to be addressed on this site is some way to flag the ads that are clearly SCAM ADS. Keeping scam ads up for even a second, and allowing even a few people to get scammed from phony puppy breeders on this site, makes it harder for any of us (legitimate breeders) to sell puppies on the internet.

I also do not understand how these fake breeders are being verified, but there should be some way to "flag" a potential fake advertiser. Maybe a probationary period-- where if it is a new paying breeder, even if they have been verified, if they have had their PAYING account for less than 6 months have a "scam alert" similar to that on Puppy.... Find.... That can alert Nextdaypet staff about a potential problem.

Or have a few trusted breeders in the breed have the capability to send a quick line to staff about fake ads...... trust me, paying breeders are a good resource of getting these scammers off Nexdaypets, because we all hate those %$^@^^!!! that give us a bad name and make our business harder to do.

nextdaypetsforumhelp

QUOTE 10/13/2009 5:01:21 PM
Hey everybody! I'm here to let you know that we are reading all your feedback and looking into ways we can use your advice to make Next Day Pets the best site it can be.

Regarding Session Timeout: Because of the subscription-based payment system that holds your credit card information for when you are logged in, we cannot keep you logged in for 24 hours. We understand that some of you find it troublesome and would like to be logged in for longer than an hour at a time, and we are seeking a compromise, but you must remember that although some of you have commented that you would like to be logged in for 24 hours, there are many, many other breeders for whom it is not safe to have extremely extended logged in sessions. However, as far as those of you who are finding yourselves logged out before the one hour limit, we are looking into this problem for you and should have it solved soon.

Regarding Scammers: We are looking into fair ways to let our trusted breeders help us keep Next Day Pets scam free. All of our breeders are ID verified, which means we do know their true identities, but unfortunately that doesn't stop all scammers. For now, please feel free to email customer service anytime you suspect a listing is a scam (especially if they are using a picture of one of your puppies, as has been mentioned elsewhere in the forum, make SURE to include information on that fact). I have discussed this matter with our Customer Service Team and we welcome your help.

We appreciate all your comments, criticism, and advice and are looking into all the issues you have brought to our attention. Please keep the feedback coming folks!

dihart

QUOTE 10/13/2009 7:07:39 PM
well I am glad we are having interactive conversation with you, the monitor, as problems are being considered. So my comments:

I do not like the "puppymatch" blip that pops up all the time either, but I DO like the puppymatch feature and do get good replies from it when I contact people.

I have problems with posting pictures on the first round when you submit your ad, but have found that I can go back into the ad after it's been submitted   then they stick. But would be good if they could be attached the first time.  

Spellchecker could be fixed

I also agree that it is of no consequense or business for others to view my past sold pups.

I am concerned with the scammers but not sure what can be done. They seem to be getting smarter in wording, the buyer needs to beware. you just don't get something for nothing

I have also ordered supplies off this site and find that it is as cost effective as any of them out there. I got my things in a timely manner tho and when I did have a questions about my order, I called in and got a customer service person fairly easily.  

...maybe i should just write "what I like about NDP', cause I do also like the fact that when we look at our ads, it tells us exactly how old our pups are...so many weeks and so many days....and I like the expanded pictures, tho 10 good ones can be challanging to get a puppy to hold still for.     
nextdaypetsforumhelp

QUOTE 10/26/2009 2:49:22 PM
In response to our community members' concerns, we have made the following changes at Next Day Pets:

-We have removed many of the pet supply ads, including the ads that appeared in the search results between the listings as well as the pet supply ads that appear below the actual puppy listings.

-We have also removed the 'view my sold listings' link

-Video ads are now free if you are a premium member.

-We have reduced the frequency with which the the sliding PuppyMatch banner appears on the site.

In response to some of your comments regarding scammers:

Some of our members have been wondering if we make money on the scammers listings. I assure you, we do not. As soon as we find out a user is a scammer, we have to credit any money spent on the account’s credit card because it is stolen, and we actually lose money in the process due to transaction fees. The true owner of the credit card will fight the charges once they discover their credit card was stolen, unless we proactively return the money before they can make the claim.  So, even if an ad is up all weekend, as soon as we see that it is a scammer, it is removed and we lose in the process.

You see, ID verify is not a fool proof process because of identity theft. For the same reason that identity theft is so dangerous for you, it is dangerous for us. The scammers who become ID Verified have stolen the entire identity of their victim. Just like an identity thief can access one’s bank accounts, and other personal and private data, they can become ID Verified because  they have ALL the required information.

Some of you have asked why we don’t just block IP addresses from places like Nigeria. We do, in fact, block the entire continent of Africa, however scammers can get around this block. They proxy into servers in the United States so their IP addresses each show up as a United States based IP.

pup759

QUOTE 10/26/2009 8:50:08 PM
I would like to be able to see if the buyer wants to pickup, ship or no preference without having to click on their match. Since it takes so long to load up this makes it very time consuming to click on a match and then find out I am too far away. Thanks for some of the other changes made.
beaglebrat

QUOTE 10/26/2009 9:50:57 PM
Thank you Nextdaypets for listening to our concerns and addressing our issues. Thank you also for telling us what you are doing about the scammer situation. It sounds very frustrating.

Just so everyone knows, I freaking hate Nigeria and Cameroon, the entire countries have a bad name with me. Instead of Bombing the middle east, I wish they would send a few threatening bombs to Nigeria as a "QUIT STEALING BILLIONS OF OUR DOLLARS!" message.

What do these Nigerian/Cameroon people do with all of our money? Are they in to drugs? Do they need an intervention? ......making jokes of course, but the real situation is not funny at all.

Thank you again for providing my most sucessful puppy selling site, though now I wish people would quit featuring on my breeds. 

Nextdaypetsforum.....my suggestion would be that you make an extra special featured section at the top of my breeds just for me, so that I don't have to keep bumping my ads :)

That could be my Birthday and Christmas presants all in one.

runningridge

QUOTE 11/1/2009 8:49:01 PM

Quote nextdaypetsforumhelp:

In response to our community members' concerns, we have made the following changes at Next Day Pets:

-We have removed many of the pet supply ads, including the ads that appeared in the search results between the listings as well as the pet supply ads that appear below the actual puppy listings.

-We have also removed the 'view my sold listings' link

-Video ads are now free if you are a premium member.

-We have reduced the frequency with which the the sliding PuppyMatch banner appears on the site.

In response to some of your comments regarding scammers:

Some of our members have been wondering if we make money on the scammers listings. I assure you, we do not. As soon as we find out a user is a scammer, we have to credit any money spent on the account’s credit card because it is stolen, and we actually lose money in the process due to transaction fees. The true owner of the credit card will fight the charges once they discover their credit card was stolen, unless we proactively return the money before they can make the claim.  So, even if an ad is up all weekend, as soon as we see that it is a scammer, it is removed and we lose in the process.

You see, ID verify is not a fool proof process because of identity theft. For the same reason that identity theft is so dangerous for you, it is dangerous for us. The scammers who become ID Verified have stolen the entire identity of their victim. Just like an identity thief can access one’s bank accounts, and other personal and private data, they can become ID Verified because  they have ALL the required information.

Some of you have asked why we don’t just block IP addresses from places like Nigeria. We do, in fact, block the entire continent of Africa, however scammers can get around this block. They proxy into servers in the United States so their IP addresses each show up as a United States based IP.

Thank You Much!!!!!
Post Reply New Topic