jchamp52

QUOTE 10/3/2009 3:32:43 PM
Has NDP figured out a method to keep us logged in longer than a few minutes at a time yet?  It is such a bother to be in the middle of something and be kicked off site, because naturally you lose everything you have typed up to that point.

It would be great if NDP could be programmed to let us stay on for 24 hours like many sites do?  I know this question has been brought up before, but I still don't see any improvement in the time allowed before we get kicked out.

kachingace

QUOTE 10/5/2009 1:06:10 AM
Well, while I don't have a problem staying on site, I must say that since they changed formats, things are very slow.  And I am no longer receiving my new puppy alerts........is anyone else having this problem?  Afterall, it is a service I paid extra for and they don't answer my inquiries!

tennisbum7
mobulls

QUOTE 10/5/2009 1:13:20 AM
I agree, it is frustrating when you spend a long time trying to type the right description and make sure everything is perfect, then when you hit submit....all your work is gone! I have made it a habit to "copy" my verbiage as I go along so that if I do time out at least I can paste the bulk of my verbiage back in.

I am also concerned about the scammers that take over on weekends, my breed is riddled with them all weekend, the scammers even pay to upgrade their adds and they take up the first half of the page, those of us that are honest can not compete with them and it is a waste of our money to even try. I have complained about the scammers before, NDP said that they are un-manned on weekends and the scammers are aware of that! The scammers always disappear Monday morning, in the meantime I have people telling me they don't trust NDP anymore because they allow scammers to utilize their site. Prospective buyers can't tell the difference, I (and other breeders) have even gone as far to post featured adds warning people about the scammers, at our expense I might add! If NDP can accept the scammers money than they should hire someone to patrol the website on weekends. JMO.
kachingace

QUOTE 10/5/2009 3:12:09 AM

Excuse my ignorance, but I am fairly new to this site, so please educate me. How do you know and recognize these "scammers" that appear on weekends? It seems to me that NDP is not living up to it's obligations in several areas. Are there any similar sites available?
kachingace

mobulls

QUOTE 10/5/2009 11:33:31 AM
The scammers adds are evident once you know what to look for. I have Bulldogs, Bulldogs are expensive. The scammers list their Bulldog puppies anywhere from $300 to $500. All the weekend scammers were gone as of this morning, as usual, in fact not only does NDP take off the scammer adds they also removed the scam warning add that someone paid $5 to post, they have done this to me before too. The scammers advertise cheap puppies, they use stolen pictures, they don't have real names for themselves, they don't have a website or real phone number. What really gets me stirred is when I see they have used pictures of MY puppy to run their scams. Last weekend one of them used a picture of a puppy that I raised, the picture was taken on my front deck and you can clearly see my house! Also, that puppy is 8 months old now and was placed with her new family 6 months ago. I have tried to put my kennel name across my pictures but the scammers will "clone" the letters out.

How do these scammers get ID verified???? I don't get it. At this very moment there are 2 scammer adds on the English Bulldog page, they are listing the puppies for $0, when you read the add it says that the price is negotiable (yeah right), but the sellers name is "yorkie", that should raise an eyebrow! I can not count how many phone calls I have received from people waiting at the airport for puppies that will never arrive. People are being scammed everyday, sometimes they call me and ask what they should do about their dilemma. It is heart breaking to hear their stories and now they are broke and can't afford to buy a real puppy. NDP used to be scammer free, but just take a look at the English Bulldog page right now and you will see the 2 scammer adds, unless NDP finds them and pulls them down, in that case take a look next weekend, you will see plenty of their adds posted at the top, and if they are paying $5 a pop for featured adds then you know they are making money from innocent people. My customers are becoming leery of NDP, can you blame them? 
dare2dream

QUOTE 10/6/2009 4:07:05 PM
Hello all, I just was reading this topic that you were speaking of. I have advertised with NDP for 2 years now. I never knew that scammers were such a problem on here I always thought that NDP screened everyone that advertised here. Are these people that are scamming ID verified? I do know that I have people trying to "buy" my puppies that I immediately recognize as scammers. I have also had a problem with the new website when I am posting my puppy ads that I attach photos and they don't attach and you have to go back in a redo the photos. Is anyone else having this problem or is it just me and a mistake I am making?
dihart

QUOTE 10/6/2009 5:03:32 PM
no that problem with attaching pics must be happening to everyone. I have just learned to "skip that step" in my first posting of the ad and go back and then attach the pics.

I also get contacted by people who are trying to scam me out of my puppy. Can usually smell them a mile away!  And I don't pursue the ads on the weekends generally so did not realize the problem either. But I do not know if those who list have to be verified in order to just start up....to get verified, you have at do the litany of requirements, but can post before that is done I think.

Scammers SUCK! 
dare2dream

QUOTE 10/6/2009 8:07:31 PM
Yes, scammers do SUCK big time. I usually reply to them and tell them "why don't they work for their living like the rest of us do instead of cheating innocent people out of their hard earned money and making us who are honest and work hard for our living have to try to reassure people who have been scammed that we are true and honest.

runningridge

QUOTE 10/12/2009 10:24:50 AM

Quote dare2dream:

Yes, scammers do SUCK big time. I usually reply to them and tell them "why don't they work for their living like the rest of us do instead of cheating innocent people out of their hard earned money and making us who are honest and work hard for our living have to try to reassure people who have been scammed that we are true and honest.

If I have the time I play along with them.  I have them Fed-X me their fake money orders so that way they are out the Fed-X fee, the cost of production of their

money orders and they've spent time doing all of this for me with NO PROFIT

in sight.  When I get them I take them down to the court house where they get turned over to the FBI.    Figure it's poetic justice that they get scammed.  If

more folks started doing this and it was costing them MEGA bucks with little

in return we might just break this method of scamming.

As far as those doing the Selling Scams where they are offering a puppy for a little of nothing - you just got to ask yourself - if they were giving the puppy away or asking VERY LITTLE for it then WHY wouldn't somebody LOCAL be getting that puppy?  Common Sense will prevail in 99.9% of these if folks could get past getting Something for Nothing syndrome.

jchamp52

QUOTE 10/12/2009 1:23:55 PM
Runningridge,  I never thought to have the scammer send me the bogus money order.....what a wonderful idea. I will definitely give it a try.

I am sure anyone that has listed a puppy has had a scammer respond to them. Your idea is really a good one, even it it just waste the time of one scammer!!  
dihart

QUOTE 10/12/2009 2:19:24 PM
me neither, that is a good idea. I will see if it can be done the next time some scammer  contacts me. GooD Idea! we ban together & fight the fakes
Post Reply New Topic