Results/Responses with PuppyMatch

Results/Responses with PuppyMatch

jchamp52

QUOTE 8/26/2009 8:31:09 PM

Quote katiekat33:

I absolutely agree with what everyone is saying:  the old puppymatch worked great, it was fast and easy to use, and this new system kicks us out too fast and doesn't give us the information we need quickly.  They need to tweek the whole system, not just a few things here and there.   I sent out a puppymatch inquiry and got a reply back over the summer from someone telling me they had purchased their dog weeks and weeks prior.  Very embarrassing for both me and Next Day Pets, I think.  The constant contacts and advertising etc. will most likely turn off some people who are searching for puppies.
I really feel the new system has HURT my business,  I am used to stomping around in NDP and I still get confussed and kicked off site. 

I worry that all the extra effort that the buyer has to go through to place a puppy wanted ad or respond to an ad has caused many prospects to go to other sites.

There is nothing as big a pain in the butt as to be almost finished with a request or ad and be kicked out of the site,  and NATURALLY you loose everything you had typed. 

beaglebrat

QUOTE 8/26/2009 9:24:44 PM
Here is another perspective. Why have puppymatch at all? I am paying for my ads to be the top of my breed. They can look at my ads that I pay for,  and keep on searching down the line.

Why would I want other breeders snagging MY potential clients?

Not to mention, what information is a puppy buyer going to get from other breeders contacting them, that they can't get from their ads?  I mean really.

I have tried, several times now, and no real great success. Honestly,  I at least felt like using Puppymatch seems like the breeder is a little desperate. Like I am  begging for buyers.

I like the people to already be interested in my dogs and coming to me.

PUPPYMATCH  is not to most breeders benefit. 

katiekat33

QUOTE 8/27/2009 8:17:37 AM

Quote beaglebrat:

Here is another perspective. Why have puppymatch at all? I am paying for my ads to be the top of my breed. They can look at my ads that I pay for,  and keep on searching down the line.

Why would I want other breeders snagging MY potential clients?

Not to mention, what information is a puppy buyer going to get from other breeders contacting them, that they can't get from their ads?  I mean really.

I have tried, several times now, and no real great success. Honestly,  I at least felt like using Puppymatch seems like the breeder is a little desperate. Like I am  begging for buyers.

I like the people to already be interested in my dogs and coming to me.

PUPPYMATCH  is not to most breeders benefit. 

I disagree:  I used puppymatch as a one-on-one connection with people; I am not going to write an entire narrative about how our puppies are raised and our dogs are treated in a little blurb on a Next Day Pets ad. Many people today are skimmers, they're not readers.  Puppymatch allowed me to at first see initially if I wanted my home placed with a family (if they were gone 10 hours a day, the answer was NO) and helped me be choosy almost upon the initial contact. After they responded to me, then we'd talk on the phone and I'd get a better feel for how they'd be with a puppy.  Also, I've had words and phrases blatantly plagiarized from these ads - how is a little one-on-one contact with a prospective puppy family a bad thing?  I never felt it made me look desperate at all.  Remember, the person wanting the puppy was the one who originally placed the puppy wanted ad, just as we place puppy for sale ads.
beaglebrat

QUOTE 8/27/2009 11:38:37 AM

Quote katiekat33:

I disagree:  I used puppymatch as a one-on-one connection with people; I am not going to write an entire narrative about how our puppies are raised and our dogs are treated in a little blurb on a Next Day Pets ad. Many people today are skimmers, they're not readers.  Puppymatch allowed me to at first see initially if I wanted my home placed with a family (if they were gone 10 hours a day, the answer was NO) and helped me be choosy almost upon the initial contact. After they responded to me, then we'd talk on the phone and I'd get a better feel for how they'd be with a puppy.  Also, I've had words and phrases blatantly plagiarized from these ads - how is a little one-on-one contact with a prospective puppy family a bad thing?  I never felt it made me look desperate at all.  Remember, the person wanting the puppy was the one who originally placed the puppy wanted ad, just as we place puppy for sale ads.
It sounds like we have 100% different styles, but if it works for you, great. I put all of the information about my dogs and the puppy on the ad. THE AD is what I am paying for. Puppymatch, again, I could do with out.

I guess I am a shy person. I am not going to call anyone out of the blue and of my many puppymatch e-mails I have sent, I probably got maybe 3 e-mail responses (even to tell me, no thanks).

I also figure, my ads are at the top, unless they are an idiot, they are seeing my ads and my puppies. They obviously aren't interested for some reason or another. That is why I personally feel like it seems I am "desperate"

I think a lot of people in the puppymatch system, are looking for "less expensive" puppies than I offer-- which is probably why I am not getting much response.

jchamp52

QUOTE 8/27/2009 11:39:16 AM
I also depend on puppymatch to reach prospective puppy parents. With the economy the way it is now, everyone seems to be more conservative with their spending. There seems to be a lose of sales with many small breeders.

I also have an ad posted for my puppy, and I "push" it, but competition is very heavy in the Chihuahua breed. Puppymatch will often give me a tiny head start on a sale, and I have to rely on any and all methods to promote my sales.

I am a breeder, so a fair amount of my income depends on my puppy sales. With puppy match I get to pick and choose who I think will make a good owner, I would not  match a tiny 3lb puppy to a family with 6 young children,  or a wild, rowdy 6lb puppy to an elderly individual.  

Many of the buyers have stated it is sometimes easier on them to place a puppy wanted ad and wait for the seller to contact them.

They have said it is a pain trying to sort through 100's of prospects, only to have the one they finally choose be sold, because someone was faster to respond to the sellers ad.

ADDITIONAL COMMENT:  The puppy I have posted now has a nice pedigree, but he will mature above the "standard" for my breed,  so his cost is very low....but that still has not increased the inquiries about him. So in my case, cost does not seem to be a factor in the posted ad or puppymatch. 

katiekat33

QUOTE 8/27/2009 5:25:33 PM
I don't make cold-calls based on puppymatch; people email  me responding to their puppymatch ad seeking a puppy.  I encourage them to call ME and I'll answer questions.  Puppymatch helps me quickly sort through prospective people; many times I've gone right past people after reading WHY they want a puppy.  In this economy, any edge we can get is only a bonus; that's the way I look at puppymatch.
tanktrouble

QUOTE 8/28/2009 2:00:09 PM
Okay, I have come across another problem with PuppyMatch. 

Do the forms that people fill out ask for an "alternative" breed?  I couldn't open it to find out.  I have come across a couple of profiles today that say 'a "maltese" (or) a "pom" is the dog for me' in the line where people say why they want a dog.  My breed is NOT Maltese or Poms.  So why is something like that under my breed?

If NDP is giving that option, it needs to stop because we are contacting people who have no interest in our breed.  Thus, wasting our time.
jchamp52

QUOTE 8/28/2009 3:20:43 PM

Quote tanktrouble:

Okay, I have come across another problem with PuppyMatch. 

Do the forms that people fill out ask for an "alternative" breed?  I couldn't open it to find out.  I have come across a couple of profiles today that say 'a "maltese" (or) a "pom" is the dog for me' in the line where people say why they want a dog.  My breed is NOT Maltese or Poms.  So why is something like that under my breed?

If NDP is giving that option, it needs to stop because we are contacting people who have no interest in our breed.  Thus, wasting our time.
I know NDP  DOES  ask for an alternative breed.

I believe they ask for a total of 3 choices. 

I run into that problem alot, I will contact the buyer and they really want another breed, their ad shows up in 3 different breeds.....with one of them being my breed. 
runningridge

QUOTE 8/28/2009 3:59:17 PM
I personally think the PUPPYMATCH part is a non-issue as you can choose to

use it or not.

My issue is that when you get on NextDayPets home page it is more about

THEM selling their merchandise than the sell of Pets. 

I've asked 4 people to go to the home page and tell me how easy the site

was too use.  2 told me they had to really search to find the itty bitty dog

button and 2 told me that they would rather go to a site where the dogs came

right up and everything was more VISIBLE without all of the other stuff cluttering

the page and making them have to HUNT for where they needed to go.
katiekat33

QUOTE 8/28/2009 5:58:14 PM
I agree, runningridge:  it's no longer about finding homes for puppies, it's about selling lots of stuff.  I've also had customers tell me the site is confusing, slow, and hard to navigate.  That's why I'm putting my money where my mouth is and I'm no longer going to advertise here.
runningridge

QUOTE 8/28/2009 6:59:19 PM
Well I'm certainly not against my buyers get FREE Insurance for a given period of time but I do have a problem with the SOLD puppies remaining on my viewable list. 

I also found out that if you delete the ads so that you can repost them that they

count against you as a Premium Member.  I did that unawares as I didn't want

to pay to RELIST them and was trying to save some money.   I've explained

what happened to NDP but they didn't see my plight or help me fix the problem

so I guess I'll never be a PREMIUM Member again.

I also sell a LOT of puppies from my home so unless I ask these folks for

their email addresses so I can have NDP send them their offers I also lose

out on the premium member ratio. 

You would think that NDP would be grateful for any of us that do give them

our clients email addresses and not penalize us in other areas for not doing it.

Oh well - guess it's their site and they can do as they wish but I know that I'm

not even getting half of the inquiries that I was getting since they changed to

their new format - It's just NOT user friendly.
tanktrouble

QUOTE 9/12/2009 9:36:32 AM
I agree, no it is not user friendly.  I don't get even a fraction of the responses that I used to with PuppyMatch.  If I can find a site that works better for me, I'll switch.
christinastorla

QUOTE 9/12/2009 12:48:11 PM
They put to much garbage in the way of selling puppies! The system doesn't work and they aren't listening to the people no matter what we say! They do need to remove the listing we contact and for us hand-capt people, Where is the AUTO-RESPONSE BOX? I have not gotten ANY responses from their so called puppy match! I don't think it is worth the time or money to advertize here.
katiekat33

QUOTE 9/12/2009 3:38:53 PM

Quote christinastorla:

They put to much garbage in the way of selling puppies! The system doesn't work and they aren't listening to the people no matter what we say! They do need to remove the listing we contact and for us hand-capt people, Where is the AUTO-RESPONSE BOX? I have not gotten ANY responses from their so called puppy match! I don't think it is worth the time or money to advertize here.
I agree with you 100% - they are not listening to us at all.  I have emailed them frequently and even stated "please respond to this email" and I don't hear one word back.  I'm pretty well done with this website. It's speed is slower than competing websites, too, and my sales from this site have slowed down since they changed everything to this new look.  I am sick of all the "stuff" that's advertised on here; also, I don't care to share my clients' email addresses, either, so they can be bombarded with solicitations.
runningridge

QUOTE 10/10/2009 8:33:55 PM
Can we also get a better Index/Home page that is more user friendly and more

geared to DOG SALES rather than NDP's merchandise?

Would like to see the drop down menus be less congested so that getting to a

breed is easier.

That dang PuppyMatch that floats across my screen is the utmost irritating.

ANYBODY being able to see my SOLD dogs is the deal breaker here however

as it's nobody's business which dogs I'm sold in the past.

I'm starting to think that Next Day Pets has been over-taken by Animal Rights

Activist as their new website is sure more geared to that than Puppy Advertising.

I've been with you a long time Next Day Pets but if some changes aren't made by the time my current subscription runs out I'll be heading for other places to advertise as I'm not getting the responses anymore to make it worth while to

remain here and I'm POSITIVE that it's because the site is no longer geared to

Puppy Sales thus Puppy BUYERS aren't willing to wade through all of the other crap and go through all of the Drop Down Menu crap to get to the Puppy Ads.
katiekat33

QUOTE 10/11/2009 2:20:06 AM
I used to prefer this site because of puppymatch; prospective buyers could click a link and see the puppies I had available.  After only receiving a few responses that all asked the same thing (could I send pictures of my available puppies to them) I emailed NDP and asked if buyers could still click a link through puppymatch and be taken directly to my available puppies. The answer was no.  (That was back when NDP was actually answering emails).  That was one of the nicest features of NDP and they took it away.  I agree; it's all about selling stuff and less about helping us sell puppies.   I too hate that puppymatch thing moving across the screen.  Even the color choices are maddening:  That green color on the boxes for our ads is very hard for me to see; I have eye strain by the time I'm finished creating ads, thanks too to getting kicked off the site numerous times.  I've also wondered about the HSUS connection to NDP lately:  if HSUS had their way none of us would have puppies to sell to begin with. 
dihart

QUOTE 10/11/2009 10:43:26 AM

Quote jchamp52:

This new system with PuppyMatch is simply not working for me. I do NOT like the way it works now, I cant get used to it. I liked it so much better when I contacted a prospective buyer I was able to remove their name and info from the list of other prospects. Now I am unable to do that, you can add them to your favorites list or note you have contacted them, but that does not help when you are contacting 2 to 3 prospect daily.

My memory is not what it used to be and it is a royal pain to have to be flipping back and forth a thousand times trying to remember if you have contacted this person before or not.....between your favorites (which does NOT have any information in the title, just puppy wanted) or the ads you mark as contacted.

It was so much better (FOR ME) when the ad was simply REMOVED from the list, that way if I saw an ad listed I knew automatically I had not contacted the people before, and didn't have to flop back and forth between pages and pages of ads trying to determine if I had already contacted them.

The rest of the additional crap on the site I can sort of understand and deal with -- I know NDP wants to make all the money they can from all the add on's to the site.

I am sorry, but in my opinion the site is just not better for the seller or buyer, there is just so much you have to wade through to get to the area you wish to be able to go directly to.  I have been using the new format enough that I am semi used to it now - but I do NOT like it at all.

It would be a great help if the PuppyMatch ads had a date listed,  today my breed had 2,689 wanted -- there is no way that many ads can be current. And we all know that the prospects SELDOM go back and delete their ads when they find a puppy!!!

I had not been watching the count as the above seller has,  but I will note it now.

JC, hey girl. I figured some things out for your info.  on Puppymatch,  if you click on their ad & look in the "contact buyer" tab, it will show a check mark under their name if you have contacted them already.....otherwise no check. 

oh also I did find the date on the front info of when they posted the ad, like the one I highlighteed below :

BREED: Papillon
GENDER DESIRED: Female
TIME PERIOD TO BUY: 1-3 Months
DATE SUBMITTED: 10/11/2009

I had to look for that too, drove me crazy. I by the way do liek the puppymatch, being able to contact prospective buyers IF I think thay honestly have time for a puppy and would be a good match for one of ours.
(don't know why I can't make this font smaller. feel like I am yelling, sorry   :O)

What I do not like is no monitor interaction in reply to our questions and concerns. They are valid, NDP has no site without the breeders.

jchamp52

QUOTE 10/11/2009 6:07:11 PM
I do not go through NDP to send a message to a buyer, I cut and paste their address. So I usually forget to click the tab that will note I have contacted them, but even if I did remember to check it, the ad is still listed and I find myself opening it again and again before I remember the name and that I have contacted them.

It just worked best for me when the ad was moved once I opened it.

When there are over a thousand puppies wanted and you are off site for several days it is really difficult to remember which want yds you have viewed and which you have not (at least it is for me)
runningridge

QUOTE 10/12/2009 10:16:38 AM
Well HUBBY wants to know WHY any site would have a forum as he has yet to see one where it didn't turn into one for Complaints!  (*Those weren't his exact words but I don't think they would allow me to post what his EXACT words were).  Guess I've never thought about it before. lol! 
nextdaypetsforumhelp

QUOTE 10/12/2009 11:36:13 AM
Regarding the session time out some of you are experiencing: At the moment, you should remain logged in for 1 hour (which is longer than before the site change-over in late June). We are not sure why some of you are finding that you are logged out before that amount of time, and have not been able to recreate that problem on our computers in the office or at our homes. Our programmers intend to further extend the length of your logged in sessions (beyond one hour), however, they are presently consumed with immediate matters of development and maintenance. This issue will be attended to as soon as possible. 

jchamp52-

After you have logged onto the site and clicked the
PuppyMatch link, click the pink "Search Listings" link in the large
green "Search Results" banner towards the top of the page. Searching
with this feature will, by default, only show you those whom you have yet to contact
(but only if you have selected them at "contacted" in their ad). You
can also search only pe ople you have contacted by checking the "Search
only My Matches" box within the PuppyMatch search.

Post Reply New Topic