Results/Responses with PuppyMatch

Results/Responses with PuppyMatch

tanktrouble

QUOTE 8/10/2009 10:42:24 PM
Has anyone been getting responses or good results since the change in NDP?  I used to get good quick responses to emails I'd send.  If nothing else, people saying they'd already found a pup.  Now I get hardly anything.  What are your experiences? 
jchamp52

QUOTE 8/11/2009 4:21:52 AM
I have a folder that I move my old email to that concern the puppies I have for sale, over the past 28 days I have sent out 28 messages to people that were looking for puppies,  of those I have 22 still in my file that the people have NOT responded to at all. 

I wasn't sure if it is just the economy or what, but my sales are really down, and have been down for the past 6 or 8 months.
bobbyjr

QUOTE 8/11/2009 8:31:24 AM
I'm experiencing the same thing.  Hardly any responses.  I know it gets slow around the time kids are going back to school and such but I hope it gets better.  Another thing I noticed was one day there would be for example 1000 dogs in my breed on puppy match and the next day there would be 5000 dogs in my breed on puppy match.  But when I would try to match I would run onto the same people.  So I ask live help if the new names go to the top of the list and they said yes so how do so many names stay on the list for so long?
jchamp52

QUOTE 8/11/2009 10:53:38 AM
This new system with PuppyMatch is simply not working for me. I do NOT like the way it works now, I cant get used to it. I liked it so much better when I contacted a prospective buyer I was able to remove their name and info from the list of other prospects. Now I am unable to do that, you can add them to your favorites list or note you have contacted them, but that does not help when you are contacting 2 to 3 prospect daily.

My memory is not what it used to be and it is a royal pain to have to be flipping back and forth a thousand times trying to remember if you have contacted this person before or not.....between your favorites (which does NOT have any information in the title, just puppy wanted) or the ads you mark as contacted.

It was so much better (FOR ME) when the ad was simply REMOVED from the list, that way if I saw an ad listed I knew automatically I had not contacted the people before, and didn't have to flop back and forth between pages and pages of ads trying to determine if I had already contacted them.

The rest of the additional crap on the site I can sort of understand and deal with -- I know NDP wants to make all the money they can from all the add on's to the site.

I am sorry, but in my opinion the site is just not better for the seller or buyer, there is just so much you have to wade through to get to the area you wish to be able to go directly to.  I have been using the new format enough that I am semi used to it now - but I do NOT like it at all.

It would be a great help if the PuppyMatch ads had a date listed,  today my breed had 2,689 wanted -- there is no way that many ads can be current. And we all know that the prospects SELDOM go back and delete their ads when they find a puppy!!!

I had not been watching the count as the above seller has,  but I will note it now.

nextdaypetsforumhelp

QUOTE 8/11/2009 1:48:30 PM
After you have logged onto the site and clicked the PuppyMatch link, click the pink "Search Listings" link in the large green "Search Results" banner towards the top of the page. Searching with this feature will, by default, only show you those whom you have yet to contact (but only if you have selected them at "contacted" in their ad). You can also search only people you have contacted by checking the "Search only My Matches" box within the PuppyMatch search.
jchamp52

QUOTE 8/11/2009 2:01:34 PM

Quote nextdaypetsforumhelp:

After you have logged onto the site and clicked the PuppyMatch link, click the pink "Search Listings" link in the large green "Search Results" banner towards the top of the page. Searching with this feature will, by default, only show you those whom you have yet to contact (but only if you have selected them at "contacted" in their ad). You can also search only people you have contacted by checking the "Search only My Matches" box within the PuppyMatch search.
Got it to work for me this time,  now all I have to do is remember how/what I did.....
beaglebrat

QUOTE 8/12/2009 3:58:27 PM
I only used puppymatch 1 time before the changes. I emailed 20-30 people. Had no response back and never bothered again.

I actually used it yesterday. I e-mailed at least 60 families, and I got 2 people to respond that are seriously interested. The other 58 never bothered to reply at all.

I am expensive though. I don't sell my puppies for $250-400 which is what I think a lot of people on the wanted ads are expecting. A perfect, quality dog from Champion health tested parents with all the bells and whistles at a shelter dog price.

I actually have been having a great year selling puppies, but we have a good website, advertise a lot, take professional quality pictures and offer better quality puppies, and better health guarantees, etc...... people are still willing to pay premium prices for premium puppies.

Breeders definitely need to find a way to separate themselves from other breeders. I have friends that are offering nearly the same quality puppies (parents lack health testing though, no websites, crappy warranty), yet they can't sell their puppies for even 1/4 of what I get for mine.

jchamp52

QUOTE 8/12/2009 6:12:44 PM

Quote beaglebrat:

I only used puppymatch 1 time before the changes. I emailed 20-30 people. Had no response back and never bothered again.

I actually used it yesterday. I e-mailed at least 60 families, and I got 2 people to respond that are seriously interested. The other 58 never bothered to reply at all.

I am expensive though. I don't sell my puppies for $250-400 which is what I think a lot of people on the wanted ads are expecting. A perfect, quality dog from Champion health tested parents with all the bells and whistles at a shelter dog price.

I actually have been having a great year selling puppies, but we have a good website, advertise a lot, take professional quality pictures and offer better quality puppies, and better health guarantees, etc...... people are still willing to pay premium prices for premium puppies.

Breeders definitely need to find a way to separate themselves from other breeders. I have friends that are offering nearly the same quality puppies (parents lack health testing though, no websites, crappy warranty), yet they can't sell their puppies for even 1/4 of what I get for mine.

I don't understand exactly what your comment means:

I usually try to price my puppies according to size or pedigree, because we all know they are not all going to be great examples of the breed!!! I will be honest, only a few of mine have Champion bloodlines. All are healthy and I feel my health guarantee is fair--and I WILL/DO back my guarantee.                I take my own pictures so I cant really compare them to a professional and I have a website. As for the genetic testing (learning as I go here) I have the forms ready to do the heart and knee testing at my vets. B U T... I have a retired girl that has surgery next week, so her health care has priority. I only have my income with no outside assistance, so all testing has to be scheduled and worked around my regular bills.  Also I had to wait for the girls to be at least a year old. I am trying to improve my bloodlines, but that is a slow work in progress.

As to the PuppyMatch buyers, I really dont understand why the people don't even have the common manners to respond to a seller,  after all, they were the ones that placed the wanted ad. And you are correct, the biggest majority of them have NO clue as to the cost of shipping or that there is even a fee.  I guess it is beyond their ability to read the posted for sale ads to be aware of the cost.  

beaglebrat

QUOTE 8/12/2009 7:24:40 PM
I am saying anything you do to increase even the appearance of value and quality to your dogs, you can get back 10 fold, and have a much easier time placing your puppies.

With my primary breed I have AKC Champion Sired puppies. That is my specialty. From health tested parents. I offer a 3 year genetic guarantee, better than most. My puppies are born and raised in the house. Started on crate training. They are all checked out by the vet before they leave, and everyone is micro-chipped. All pets are sold with limited Reg and spay/neuter agreements.

There are people on Nextdaypets who get just as much for lessor quality dogs, from parents that have not been health tested, and have inferior health guarantees. One of the high priced breeders does it with a great website, and near professional quality photos that are nice, even though her puppies are honestly not all that-- and they have a lot of dogs and a lot of different breeds in MO. They do a good business though.

The other breeder that sometimes gets more than my Champion Sired puppies for her ContKennelClub.....TERRIBLE, embarasssing quality puppies. She doesn't bother to do great pictures. They are actually all taken on a trampoline with a ton of chain kennels in the background. Crap quality pups/parents, worthless health guarantee. I swear to Gosh, this lady just sells puppies at crazy high prices, because people think they are getting a better dog, because they pay more for it. She is the biggest scammer out there to me.

So on my ads lately I have been saying "Are you getting what you are paying for?"  Because the choice should be simple. Yes, mine are higher priced than average, but I have a reason for it. I put a lot of money in to my dogs, and I am offering a different quality. It is apples to oranges.

Bottom line, despite the examples I just gave that are getting high prices for nothing, the moral to the story is, if you invest the money in to improving the quality of your breeding dogs, you will improve the quality of your puppies and you will not only be able to ask more money for your puppies, you will be able to sell them a lot quicker.

jchamp52

QUOTE 8/12/2009 9:25:42 PM

Quote beaglebrat:

I am saying anything you do to increase even the appearance of value and quality to your dogs, you can get back 10 fold, and have a much easier time placing your puppies.

With my primary breed I have AKC Champion Sired puppies. That is my specialty. From health tested parents. I offer a 3 year genetic guarantee, better than most. My puppies are born and raised in the house. Started on crate training. They are all checked out by the vet before they leave, and everyone is micro-chipped. All pets are sold with limited Reg and spay/neuter agreements.

There are people on Nextdaypets who get just as much for lessor quality dogs, from parents that have not been health tested, and have inferior health guarantees. One of the high priced breeders does it with a great website, and near professional quality photos that are nice, even though her puppies are honestly not all that-- and they have a lot of dogs and a lot of different breeds in MO. They do a good business though.

The other breeder that sometimes gets more than my Champion Sired puppies for her ContKennelClub.....TERRIBLE, embarasssing quality puppies. She doesn't bother to do great pictures. They are actually all taken on a trampoline with a ton of chain kennels in the background. Crap quality pups/parents, worthless health guarantee. I swear to Gosh, this lady just sells puppies at crazy high prices, because people think they are getting a better dog, because they pay more for it. She is the biggest scammer out there to me.

So on my ads lately I have been saying "Are you getting what you are paying for?"  Because the choice should be simple. Yes, mine are higher priced than average, but I have a reason for it. I put a lot of money in to my dogs, and I am offering a different quality. It is apples to oranges.

Bottom line, despite the examples I just gave that are getting high prices for nothing, the moral to the story is, if you invest the money in to improving the quality of your breeding dogs, you will improve the quality of your puppies and you will not only be able to ask more money for your puppies, you will be able to sell them a lot quicker.

I am working so very hard to improve my lines, as much for me as for the buyer, I want good quality dogs, even if some still fail to meet the standard, I raise Chihuahua, so size is one of the most difficult problems for me to get correct.

I also have a very difficult time finding Champion studs within a distance that I can drive my females to visit (my health being a big issue with distance driving)

I have one excellent bloodline girl and two that are good, both health  and pedigree wise.  All three have been tested by my vet and are genetically sound, I just can't find a CH within a reasonable distance to discuss options. 

I only have one breed, and I don't mix breeds.
tanktrouble

QUOTE 8/22/2009 5:23:10 PM
For the moderators: 

Do you know, by chance, when we might expect more updates on PuppyMatch?  I've been sending out emails to people who I've never contacted before, BUT I am finding out that they are OLD profiles.  It would be nice if NDP would eliminate profiles over a certain age, say 3 months at the oldest.  It would also be nice if NDP would put a "posted date" on each profile.  And please, put it on the opening page where we could all see it without having to open individual profiles. 

Having the drop down search menu is nice, very nice, but could you please make it where we don't have to do a search to see uncontacted profiles.  Can't it be made like before where it automatically showed only the profiles you hadn't contacted?  Then on the search page give the option to go through the old ones.  It gets old having to use the search menu when there is already a button there to search by breed.
jchamp52

QUOTE 8/23/2009 4:40:13 PM

Quote tanktrouble:

For the moderators: 

Do you know, by chance, when we might expect more updates on PuppyMatch?  I've been sending out emails to people who I've never contacted before, BUT I am finding out that they are OLD profiles.  It would be nice if NDP would eliminate profiles over a certain age, say 3 months at the oldest.  It would also be nice if NDP would put a "posted date" on each profile.  And please, put it on the opening page where we could all see it without having to open individual profiles. 

Having the drop down search menu is nice, very nice, but could you please make it where we don't have to do a search to see uncontacted profiles.  Can't it be made like before where it automatically showed only the profiles you hadn't contacted?  Then on the search page give the option to go through the old ones.  It gets old having to use the search menu when there is already a button there to search by breed.

For the moderators: 

Trouble, I think I bumped your question to a NDP moderator,  so I posted it again, so it would be on top....sorry about that.

Tanktrouble, these are things we have asked about before:

1.  Ads be dated, so we would know how long they have been posted.

2.  Automatically show ONLY the profiles you have NOT contacted.

I would love to have the old system back, there was much less "back and forth" from page to page.

If you were making changes to help the breeders I believe it would have been nice to ask for our ideas on what would help us. For the life of me I don't see how the new system has helped NDP or us the breeder. At least it hasn't helped me or made the site easier for me to navigate!!!

It really seems that the biggest majority of the breeders wish to go back to the old system, if NDP really did the change for US (as I understand it, we were supposed to like the new system better), it does not appear as if we really like/want the new system...so why can't/doesn't NDP not return to the familiar system????

katiekat33

QUOTE 8/25/2009 11:05:58 PM
I have decided that I am done advertising on Next Day Pets.  We've battled all summer to get the website back to the user-friendly site it used to be, and NDP chooses NOT to listen to us.  I have sent emails to their support department, asking that they respond to me, and I'm ignored.  I have several friends who raise puppies, and I have yet to talk with ANYONE who likes the revisions in this website.  I've threatened this all summer (since July and they changed the format) but now I'm going to put my money where my mouth is and advertise elsewhere.  I am just tired of waiting for them to change the simple things we've all asked for.
jchamp52

QUOTE 8/26/2009 11:15:25 AM
We are just the lowly breeders....and it would seem our desires are not that important to NDP. 

I would love to know the percentage of NDP income that is generated by the breeder ads??????
tanktrouble

QUOTE 8/26/2009 2:28:14 PM
There also needs to be a better way to search through profiles.  I know that the drop down menu has a keyword search, but it didn't work for what I was looking for. I was trying to find a person by their email instead of having to go back through everything, which takes WAY too much time.  For that matter, the way the profiles are set up, with different tabs instead of on one page, takes up too much time.

Please, please do us all a favor and go back to the old PuppyMatch.  Just one thing to leave off of the old and that is the limit on the number of matches you can make in a week's time.
nextdaypetsforumhelp

QUOTE 8/26/2009 3:03:10 PM
Great news folks! We've added the "date submitted" to PuppyMatch listings for your convenience. Have a wonderful day everyone

tanktrouble

QUOTE 8/26/2009 3:24:29 PM
Yay! Once step closer to user friendly.  Now if we can just get a "mark as contacted" button on the "search results" pages so that we can quickly check off the older profiles that we are NOT going to contact because they are too old. 
tanktrouble

QUOTE 8/26/2009 3:35:59 PM
Yep, it's official, there needs to be an expiration date on profiles. On the old PuppyMatch, the profile disappeared after the person was contacted by 5 breeders.  I like the fact that there is no limit on the number of breeders that can contact one person.  However, on my breed, profiles are dating back 5 months.  There needs to be a 30-day expiration.  If a person hasn't been contacted during that amount of time, they probably aren't going to.  If they have, they are probably starting to get annoyed because by that time they've been contacted by quite a few breeders.  They've probably also gotten the dog they want and don't need any more contacts filling up their inbox.
jchamp52

QUOTE 8/26/2009 4:05:40 PM

Quote nextdaypetsforumhelp:

Great news folks! We've added the "date submitted" to PuppyMatch listings for your convenience. Have a wonderful day everyone

nextdaypetsforumhelp

Thank you NDP for adding the posted dates to ads.

Can we please beg for a few more changes?????

I agree with tanktrouble, the old way to search through profiles was so much more efficient and faster, this flopping from page to page and using the drop down menu is just too slow and usually I am forced to re-sign in because it takes me so long to find what I need.

We need the old system where the profiles were removed when we viewed them.

Please, please, please......
katiekat33

QUOTE 8/26/2009 5:27:43 PM
I absolutely agree with what everyone is saying:  the old puppymatch worked great, it was fast and easy to use, and this new system kicks us out too fast and doesn't give us the information we need quickly.  They need to tweek the whole system, not just a few things here and there.   I sent out a puppymatch inquiry and got a reply back over the summer from someone telling me they had purchased their dog weeks and weeks prior.  Very embarrassing for both me and Next Day Pets, I think.  The constant contacts and advertising etc. will most likely turn off some people who are searching for puppies.
Post Reply New Topic