PuppyMatch improvements?

PuppyMatch improvements?

tanktrouble

QUOTE 7/11/2009 8:05:21 PM
Just a question for those with the updates on progress of PuppyMatch.   Is there any new info about when the PuppyMatch profiles will be separated like they used to be on the old site?  (Once you accepted a profile, it went into another folder)  Thanks.
rfsimmental

QUOTE 7/12/2009 10:28:28 AM
I keep checking it, but no changes so far.  I haven't received but three contacts since the site changed and haven't even tried to use Puppymatch for fear of contacting the same person more than once.  They said when you make a contact to put it in your favorites and that is fine, but how do you know which ones you had contacted in the past?  I am about ready to leave this site and put my money elsewhere.
rfsimmental

QUOTE 7/12/2009 10:40:14 AM
JUST WENT INTO PUPPYMATCH AND THEY HAVE A BOX YOU CAN CHECK TO SHOW THAT YOU HAD MADE A CONTACT.  THANK YOU NEXT DAY PETS.  STILL NO WAY OF KNOWING WHO YOU HAD CONTACTED IN THE PAST.
tanktrouble

QUOTE 7/16/2009 10:13:36 PM
I like being able to check that box marking it as contacted, BUT it would be really nice to open up PuppyMatch and ONLY see the profiles I've never contacted.  Give me the option of seeing the old ones on a different page.  Don't have them all together like it is right now.  On the old puppymatch, you could check a little box if you wanted to see older, already contacted, profiles.  Otherwise, all you'd see was the new stuff.  Let me mark them as contacted, thus sending them off to another page.
nextdaypetsforumhelp

QUOTE 7/20/2009 10:03:20 AM
Hello all! Thank you, as always, for your feedback!

When you are signed into your account, a pink button appears on the banner at the top of the PuppyMatch page that says "Search Listings." (When you are not signed in or if you are not a subscribing member, it says "Upgrade Now.")  If you click this link and search, it will only show you profiles you have yet to contact. To see only profiles you have contacted, select the option within the search that says "Search Only My Matches."

tanktrouble

QUOTE 7/20/2009 2:35:26 PM
I tried that.  Didn't work.  It did show ones that I haven't contacted.  Unfortunately, it also showed all the ones I had contacted before the website changed as not being contacted.  Having to use that search thing is not convenient, either.  Going back through all those profiles to mark them as contacted would be wasting time that is better put to use.  There needs to be a way to either: 1) for me to quickly and easily mark everything as contacted and start anew, or 2) for NDP to go back to the old records and mark them.  There neds to be a way to see "at a glance" that you have already contacted someone without having to open a profile.  The best thing would be to choose a breed from the drop down menu and the ONLY profiles you see are the new ones, unless you use that search menu and check the box for the old contacts.  Or, just go back to the old PuppyMatch.
nextdaypetsforumhelp

QUOTE 7/20/2009 3:51:51 PM
Hello yet again!

I'm sure you will be happy to hear that we have pushed through the PuppyMatch data from before we launched the new site at the end of June. Now, when you do a search in PuppyMatch (using the 'Search Listings' button at the top of the page), you should only see listings you have never contacted.

As you continue on, just make sure you always click the "Mark as Contacted" box in the listing every time you contact a potential buyer and you will be able to search for either contacted buyers or new listings so you never get the two mixed up.

We appreciate your comments and advice. While we understand that the new system is different, we assure you that once you get used to it you'll have no idea how you got by using it the old way!

pup759

QUOTE 7/20/2009 8:09:55 PM
Did something change again? Yesterday there were 90 Puppy matches and today there is one for my breed.
tanktrouble

QUOTE 7/21/2009 12:44:25 PM
Yes, something did change yesterday.  NDP pulled off the ones that you had already contacted.  Most, at least.  However, there is a possibility that the ones left (for Great Danes that number is over 800) are really old.  I even recognized some of the names, so I know that NDP did not pull off all the ones I had previously contacted.  Hopefully they will soon get all the bugs worked out and we can get back to normal business. There are some things that I like about the new NDP, but there are others that are a lot more inconvenient and time consuming.  For one, I would like to see a posted date on the profiles.  Second, I would like to see a "mark as contacted" button on the profile face instead of having to open a profile to mark it.  Would it be possible, too, that once you are logged into your account to have the person's name on the profile list, too, instead of having to open it.  That way, you'd know if you had contacted them at a glance.
pup759

QUOTE 7/22/2009 6:45:40 AM
I agree with your ideas.  Also I would like to see whether they want to pick up or ship listed without opening them. That is the main thing I look for first. If they want to pick up and live too far from me then I don't need to look at any more info on that match.

I know I have not contacted everyone that was deleted. I don't contact any outside the US for sure. So I hope none were deleted that I would have liked to contact.
tanktrouble

QUOTE 7/23/2009 11:30:26 PM
It would sure be nice if you could mark them off without opening the profile.  Even if you use the search and click United States, you still get places like Puerto Rico.  I don't ship to Hawaii, Puerto Rico, Guam, or any other places outside the continental US & Canada because there is too much red tape.  Canada is bad enough, but not as bad as Hawaii and the rest.
christinastorla

QUOTE 7/24/2009 2:10:51 PM
I can't evevn find the puppy match on the new web site!
nextdaypetsforumhelp

QUOTE 7/24/2009 4:13:53 PM

Quote christinastorla:

I can't evevn find the puppy match on the new web site!
Hover over the green "Find A Dog" Tab in our top menu bar. A drop-down menu will appear. Click the PuppyMatch link.

Have a fantastic day and a wonderful weekend!

christinastorla

QUOTE 7/24/2009 5:22:22 PM
I found the puppy match but the contacted button still doesn't get rid of the ones I already contacted! And again, Where is the the pre-deturmend response from sellers to new buyers so we don't have to continue putting a full new ad to the perspective buyers! You should publish the full real responces from your custemers. Your ads for stores and products are a bit much!
nextdaypetsforumhelp

QUOTE 7/27/2009 9:38:01 AM
After you have logged onto the site and clicked the PuppyMatch link, click the pink "Search Listings" link in the large green "Search Results" banner towards the top of the page. Searching with this feature will, by default, only show you those whom you have yet to contact (but only if you have selected them at "contacted" in their ad.) You can also search only people you have contacted by checking the "Search only My Matches" box within the PuppyMatch search.

Hope everybody had a fantastic weekend!

Post Reply New Topic