personal info requested from buyers

personal info requested from buyers

pup759

QUOTE 7/5/2009 9:05:43 AM
Eukanuba used to request buyers name & address from us for their puppy kits but they quit a few years ago saying they found out it was illegal. Wonder if the same law applies here? Seems it would.
maoseger1010

QUOTE 7/5/2009 1:19:47 PM

Quote pup759:

Eukanuba used to request buyers name & address from us for their puppy kits but they quit a few years ago saying they found out it was illegal. Wonder if the same law applies here? Seems it would.
Where on this site are you asked to give the names and addresses of the buyers buying your puppies? I can't find it?
beaglebrat

QUOTE 7/5/2009 10:59:41 PM
When you mark a puppy as "sold" Nextdaypets is asking you to fill out the buyers personal information so they can give them offers and try to sell them products. They offer breeders money incentives if they give the personal information and the purchaser buys the products.

Sorry, but I don't want my purchasers spammed with offers. I am not participating with this in any way.

I just hit the "delete" button when I have sold a puppy. Problem solved.

nextdaypetsforumhelp

QUOTE 7/6/2009 12:06:37 PM
Hey folks! I've addressed some of your concerns in a new thread in The Fire Hydrant called Changes You've Asked For. Check it out! We've made some adjustments per your requests and input.

pup759

QUOTE 7/6/2009 1:41:13 PM
I have looked for changes you asked for but don't see it. Where do we find it?
pup759

QUOTE 7/6/2009 1:48:51 PM
Found it. Sorry about that.
maoseger1010

QUOTE 7/6/2009 7:56:05 PM

Quote beaglebrat:

When you mark a puppy as "sold" Nextdaypets is asking you to fill out the buyers personal information so they can give them offers and try to sell them products. They offer breeders money incentives if they give the personal information and the purchaser buys the products.

Sorry, but I don't want my purchasers spammed with offers. I am not participating with this in any way.

I just hit the "delete" button when I have sold a puppy. Problem solved.

Thanks for the info. :)
ncarolinakeeshonds

QUOTE 7/19/2011 11:52:55 PM

Quote maoseger1010:

Thanks for the info. :)
I read one person just deleted the enter buyers info.. and I admit I did it too.. until I realized what a total MORON I was being, and what an incredibly BAD business descision it is, and how by doing that your missing out on an opportunity!

is the site spamming the buyer afrewards? of it wouldnt surprise me..
I now tell my customers not only do you get a written healtrh contract from me, but if you allow me to enter your name on the site, your entitled to a FREE month of pet insurance! Then I give an example of a what IF the pup turns up to hav some weird unforseen issue.. not life threatening but something treatable.. but costly.. I tell then although an issue of this sort is unlikely, by having the insurance in effect the day you buy, if the issue is found you can extend the insurance and come out cheaper..

I do and would use discretion on whom you explain it to that way..lol a newbie will pnaic and think oh he has issues.. as a breeder and to other breeders out there how many times in our past have we BOUGHT a puppy.. my first had parasites BAD so bad my vet said retun him, no noway.. can it be treated YES? good treat it.. but so help me it took 2 years to completely rid this dog of worms an such.. pet insurance sure would have been a sweet deal! LOL as breeders know all pups have worms, we deworm them, they poop some worms and its a done deal hopefully.. my dog PUKED worms.. for days handfulsof worms some 8-10 inches long... I sat holding him as he puked, sometimes having to pull the worms out by hand because he was choking on them.. when he pooped them.. you get the picture.. but thats called being young, the pup was a gift from a loved one, he came from a pet store.. a dog that sick they would have out down.. it was a bad deal.. but my boy lived 15+ years.. he started out as a mistreated uncared for pet shop dog.. he passed knwing he was well cared for, loved, adored, and highly respected for being the best dog he knew how to be :-)
nextdaypetsforumhelp

QUOTE 7/20/2011 10:35:01 AM

Quote ncarolinakeeshonds:

I read one person just deleted the enter buyers info.. and I admit I did it too.. until I realized what a total MORON I was being, and what an incredibly BAD business descision it is, and how by doing that your missing out on an opportunity!

is the site spamming the buyer afrewards? of it wouldnt surprise me..
I now tell my customers not only do you get a written healtrh contract from me, but if you allow me to enter your name on the site, your entitled to a FREE month of pet insurance! Then I give an example of a what IF the pup turns up to hav some weird unforseen issue.. not life threatening but something treatable.. but costly.. I tell then although an issue of this sort is unlikely, by having the insurance in effect the day you buy, if the issue is found you can extend the insurance and come out cheaper..

I do and would use discretion on whom you explain it to that way..lol a newbie will pnaic and think oh he has issues.. as a breeder and to other breeders out there how many times in our past have we BOUGHT a puppy.. my first had parasites BAD so bad my vet said retun him, no noway.. can it be treated YES? good treat it.. but so help me it took 2 years to completely rid this dog of worms an such.. pet insurance sure would have been a sweet deal! LOL as breeders know all pups have worms, we deworm them, they poop some worms and its a done deal hopefully.. my dog PUKED worms.. for days handfulsof worms some 8-10 inches long... I sat holding him as he puked, sometimes having to pull the worms out by hand because he was choking on them.. when he pooped them.. you get the picture.. but thats called being young, the pup was a gift from a loved one, he came from a pet store.. a dog that sick they would have out down.. it was a bad deal.. but my boy lived 15+ years.. he started out as a mistreated uncared for pet shop dog.. he passed knwing he was well cared for, loved, adored, and highly respected for being the best dog he knew how to be :-)
We are glad you are offering your buyers the benefit of free pet insurance. The information collected when you mark an ad as sold is only provided to Trupanion for the coverage of the insurance. We do not and have not sold the buyer's information. We feel the pet insurance is a huge benefit that many breeders are missing out on. We offer this benefit so YOUR potential buyers can have an added sense of relief when buying a dog they may not have seen before.

Hopefully, other breeders will take this time to read this post and the reasons why you stopped hitting the delete button!
dihart

QUOTE 7/21/2011 12:17:28 AM
NDP- I hope that you do NOT sell our clients info, thats just unethical.
And I do think the free insurance is a fine deal as long as the buyer is interested. If not, they say no thanks and continue on. But I tell them it is their choice totally. that the offer comes thru NDP and Trupanion, not me. I also tell them that there is a step they have to follow to validate that coverage which is not uber clear to everyone who just pursues the offer casually. Excerpt of what I tell them:

" Please remember to take the certificate with you to your dog’s first veterinary examination. Once the trial is activated by you online or by phone, your pet will have 90% of each veterinary bill covered, if he or she gets sick or injured within the 30 day trial."

see, they have to activate the coverage once they have been to the vets. So pass that along too if/when you discuss the free insurance with your clients.
kathystone

QUOTE 7/21/2011 2:00:36 AM
It all sounds wonderful EXCEPT the health insurance you get is not worth much when the "vet" finds thing wrong with your puppy. I have had a rash of young vets trying to bilk my clients lately. I know it costs alot to go to vet school but? For example, I sold a puppy with the health insurance offered by next day pets. The new owner got the certificte off the internet and took the pup to the vet. The vet did a STOOL sample and claimed the 9 week old pup was loaded with heartworms so my client called trupanion. They said it was NOT covered. They called me and I asked if they were sure there was no BLOOD drawn to test for heartworm. Then I called their vet. She said she can test for ehartworm wiht a stool sample.... AND she does not recognise the shots given by anyone other than herself so they were charged an additional $45 for "boostered vaccinations" Sounds like a scam to me!
I now offer one month free health inusurance through a different company and they cover everything!
rollinhranch

QUOTE 7/21/2011 8:55:58 AM
Kathy, what company do you use for the insurance?

I know they don't spam your buyers, I put my own address in once just to double check before I handed out buyers info.
melissaattrupanion

QUOTE 7/21/2011 5:57:37 PM

Quote kathystone:

It all sounds wonderful EXCEPT the health insurance you get is not worth much when the "vet" finds thing wrong with your puppy. I have had a rash of young vets trying to bilk my clients lately. I know it costs alot to go to vet school but? For example, I sold a puppy with the health insurance offered by next day pets. The new owner got the certificte off the internet and took the pup to the vet. The vet did a STOOL sample and claimed the 9 week old pup was loaded with heartworms so my client called trupanion. They said it was NOT covered. They called me and I asked if they were sure there was no BLOOD drawn to test for heartworm. Then I called their vet. She said she can test for ehartworm wiht a stool sample.... AND she does not recognise the shots given by anyone other than herself so they were charged an additional $45 for "boostered vaccinations" Sounds like a scam to me!
I now offer one month free health inusurance through a different company and they cover everything!
Thank you all for your interest in Trupanion's offer. This offer is meant to benefit your buyers, as it offers a 30 day free trial as well as waived waiting periods. However, any conditions which are present at that first exam are deemed pre-existing and cannot be covered.
Pre-existing conditions are not covered by most pet insurance companies (unless it is an issue that the pet has recovered from for a given amount of time). For example, if a dog had a cold before getting insurance, then got a cold 2 years later, most companies will cover treatment for this. In the case you mention above, it sounds like the claim was denied because the heartworms were present at the first exam.
Trupanion also does not cover conditions which can be prevented through routine treatments.
I can assure you that Trupanion's trial is not a scam, as we aren't charging your buyers (or you) anything for activation. Please let me know if you have additional questions!
Post Reply New Topic