Puppy Match

Puppy Match

bobbyjr

QUOTE 7/1/2009 10:35:12 PM
Has anyone tried using the puppy match?  I can't get it to copy and paste in the message section.  Is anyone else having trouble with that?  I like that you are not limited to how many people you can send it to but they don't drop off after you contact them they remain on the list........
rfsimmental

QUOTE 7/2/2009 12:43:46 AM
I contacted them about the fact that you might aggravate potential families because you might contact the same family more than once.  I really liked the old way better.
beaglebrat

QUOTE 7/2/2009 9:17:50 AM
Has anyone had a lot of success with Puppymatch?

Honestly I haven't used it that much. I have probably contacted 10-20 families total, and no one has responded. I figure my ads are always near the top and if they aren't contacting me, they are either not interested in my puppies or my price is too high for what they are looking for.

bobbyjr

QUOTE 7/2/2009 9:22:37 AM
I loved puppy match before and used it all the time.  But before you get access to the customers e-mail and e-mail them directly.  So I would contact several people at once.  But now you would have to have an army to get enough responses out to to get one reply.  I never got responses using their contact button.  I alway copy and pasted their e-mail into my form letter.  I have not got one response since the new system where I have to do them one at a time.
twhtrailrider

QUOTE 7/3/2009 11:07:18 PM
I even tried submitting a contact buyer and nothing has come thru and I even tried it twice.  I don't think it is working correctly.
bobbyjr

QUOTE 7/4/2009 9:05:31 AM
Live chat even told me that there was suppose to be something that we could send one reply to several people but I don't see it anywhere?
tanktrouble

QUOTE 7/4/2009 9:16:23 AM
I definitely liked the old way better.  The way it is now is useless.  They've mixed up the old and new when it comes to people I've already contacted.  I've tried to send off several messages to the profilers using the form, but have not gotten a single response.  I, too, would use the person's email to contact them directly.  At least then, I could send specific details and pics without a character limit.  I also knew whether or not their email was bogus or if it went through.  They need to go back to the old way.  Put the emails back on the profiles, when you accept a profile, then move it to another file, one that you can access later if you need to.  Allow you to copy/paste a message if you are using the contact form on the site.

And yes, the old way, we had a lot of success with PuppyMatch.  Now everythng has come to a screeching halt!!!  If things don't change soon, and for the better, we won't be using this site anymore.  It's too expensive to pay for a monthly or yearly membership when you don't get anything out of it.  I won't ever buy products off the site.  The only reason I come here is for PuppyMatch and to post ads.
tolow240

QUOTE 7/4/2009 11:30:07 AM
I agree I cannot stand the new format, with the old format prior to 6/28/09 I was sending out emails to people via the puppy match letting them know that we had a litter born 6/15/09 and received probably 15 or so responses, with this new format I have sent out 30 contacts and I haven't received one response, so I wonder if it is even working.  And you are right, the ones that you have sent a note to get mixed in with any of the new ones, at least with the old way, you could see who you had sent a note to.  Also I have not figured out a way that you can send the same message to everyone like you could with the old way, has anyone figured that out.
winddial

QUOTE 7/4/2009 12:33:51 PM
I found a clue on this that may help, it will help me a tad.  When looking through the puppymatches, click all the ones you want to contact as a favorite and when youare done, click on View Favorites and it will take you to a list and on that list, it will finally show you how long ago the profile was posted.  I think they put every single puppymatch ever submitted on there, even ones from the beginning which we don't want to reply to those.  Only reply to the ones from your favorites list that are most current so maybe that can help you not accidentally respond to one twice. 
nextdaypetsforumhelp

QUOTE 7/6/2009 12:11:10 PM
Hey everybody! Just wanted to let you know that we're listening to your concerns and are in the process of streamlining and improving Puppy Match. Stay tuned!

Also, we have made some other adjustments per your concerns to make your lives easier. Check out the thread titled Changes You've Asked For in the Fire Hydrant.

Hope you all had a fantastic holiday weekend!

nextdaypetsforumhelp

QUOTE 7/6/2009 2:59:55 PM
Hey Hey! Just letting you know we have altered the Puppy Match feature based on the feedback we have received from all of you and those changes are now live on the site.

First of all, the buyer’s email now appears on the listing so you can contact them directly and attach pictures.

Also, you can now mark a listing as “contacted” so you don’t run the risk of contacting a prospective buyer more than once.

Finally, when searching PuppyMatch listings, you can click to either search through listings you’ve already contacted or find new profiles.  

Thank you again for all your input. We will continue to strive to make Next Day Pets the very best pet E-community, and cannot do so without your help and excellent advice.

beaglebrat

QUOTE 7/6/2009 4:38:52 PM
LOL. I just decided to try puppymatch this morning. I did it through the Nextdaypets contact form. I contacted 40 families, letting them know we will be having puppies and that we will be delivering them to the east coast area (so I focused on east coast families).

Have not heard from one of them.

dihart

QUOTE 7/9/2009 2:07:55 PM
I did my bit on puppymatch  and quite a few  emails today. I do like that you can see "why" they are wanting a new puppy, that is much better than answering blind and then discover that the person is looking for a ...say black & tan pom puppy female that will be ready within a month, when what you have  is a little white puppy who fits all the other desired stats. So I do like that much better. Gives me the option to not contact that person as my pup would not fit their request.

THE 1 THING that I do not like is I am not able to copy and paste in this section. I have figured out how to do it in my ads, there is the capability, but not in the puppymatch that I have found. IF someone else has figured it out, PLEASE let me know. I am not the best typer, a bit dyslexic with my typing, and do not wish to apear uneducated or spend unnecessary  time typing out and editing each and every one of my emails.        Some help with this would be awesome
Post Reply New Topic