New Look Now Harder to Manage Ads

New Look Now Harder to Manage Ads

ajpieper

QUOTE 6/30/2009 8:32:22 AM
Next day pets used to be my favorite over puppyfind.com but now I must change my mind.  I am so aggravated over how they display your ads in the Manage Ads tab. 

I, like many other listers, use the same header for each of my ads, under "nickname" is where each individual puppy is singled out.  I have 21 ads to edit that I now have to identify by getting a 1 second glimpse of it's picture.  They have made it much more complicated.  I also cannot upload photos.
gurneys

QUOTE 6/30/2009 12:28:03 PM
i agree i use to like nextday but i dont like the new change its harder  to up load mange ads its crazy you can not up load pics  i have ads without pics because i can not up load im paying for a service i m not getting im going to puppyfind its simple easy .
rfsimmental

QUOTE 6/30/2009 11:20:15 PM
I thought it was just me as I sometimes struggle with the computer, but am having so much trouble trying to upload pictures that I am about ready to cancel service.  Changes are not user friendly.
jchamp52

QUOTE 6/30/2009 11:55:37 PM
Why would they want to change the site when everyone is used to the way if works now.

I am having fits trying to get a response to questions
beaglebrat

QUOTE 7/1/2009 1:07:49 AM
I find the new way easier to edit and manage ads, and quicker to move the featured ads to the top.

I don't like how frequently I am being logged out of my account. That is irritating, and I think that all the ads should be displayed automatically with out having to hit "show all ads" or what ever. That is also irritating, but overall I do like the new site better right now.

It is faster and looks nicer. I haven't had too many problems adding pictures.

I worry about the "duplicate" button. I think that a lot of people are going to be spamming up the for sale ads with 10 ads of the SAME PUPPY. I don't know why they would have added that feature.

I used to relist my puppies with the same ads, now I have been hitting duplicate. Why not? More pictures of your puppy out there, but still not necessarily fair.

rfsimmental

QUOTE 7/1/2009 8:43:49 AM
So give us a step by step as to how you are getting your photos uploaded. . .so maybe we will keep using this site.
nextdaypetsforumhelp

QUOTE 7/1/2009 9:43:43 AM

Hello everyone! Just letting you know that changes have been made to address your concerns. We sincerely apologize for the errors that have been occurring and the inconvenience they have caused. Next Day Pets very much appreciates the feedback we have received from all of you.

Have a wonderful day!
ajpieper

QUOTE 7/1/2009 9:46:55 AM
I am so excited that a website actually listed to feedback!  Now when I go to manage my ads, I can easily identify them because they added Nickname under the ad title.  Thank you for listening.  

The other small glitch I see is once you decide you would like to edit an ad, you select it then choose whether to edit the photo or the text.  Lets say I choose text, then when you are done editing it doesn't give you a way to go back to the ad so that you can edit the photo.  You have to go back to manage my ads and start over.  I get confused in theses late night editing sessions what ad I was on.   

beaglebrat

QUOTE 7/1/2009 10:10:41 AM

Quote rfsimmental:

So give us a step by step as to how you are getting your photos uploaded. . .so maybe we will keep using this site.
The first time I tried to upload the pictures, it had me install what ever program is needed to upload the pictures.

Has everyone done that yet? Are you sure the program uploaded correctly?

After that it was very easy. All of the pictures in my computer via tree type file came up, and I was able to navigate very easily between file folders.

Click to select the pictures you want for that puppy, and boom hit upload and they are uploaded super fast.

Now sometimes if I clicked on 9-10, not every single picture would upload, and I would need to go back and re-click on the ones that were missed, but still very fast compared to the old program.

I am not a computer expert, but maybe the file type that you had been doing your pictures in is not being read easily by the new system. Or your computer didn't accept the program for what ever reason, because if it is running properly, the pictures are quick and easy to do.

winddial

QUOTE 7/1/2009 11:57:19 AM
I too was having trouble uploading pics but asked "Beth" about it and they said they were working on it yesterday, I tried it last night and it finally worked pretty good so I think they got it worked out. 

I think it is just harder to use because we are new to it and there will be a learning curve but for the most part, I like some of the new features.  I think that nextday might have been slightly better off if they had sent out an e-mail to all the sellers telling them were going to a major site change and even listed some of the new features so that people wouldn't have been so surprised when they logged on to do their daily ad working.  I happen to know ahead of time because a friend had called them on another issue with the old site and was told last week they would be changing.  Because I was fore warned, it didn't seem to hit me as hard or as surprised. 
highlinepups

QUOTE 7/1/2009 6:11:56 PM

Quote jchamp52:

Why would they want to change the site when everyone is used to the way if works now.

I am having fits trying to get a response to questions
 MO MONEY, MO MONEY, MO MONEY.  Notice the overload of supplies and accessories marketing ads.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not against free enterprise but, this in your face advertising is a bit much. Especially when the customer clicks on my ad that I paid for, I think that my customers attention should be on my pup, NOT some Motorcycle Jacket or Bed.
bezanna

QUOTE 7/1/2009 7:06:50 PM
I don't like it and I am pretty computer savvy - this has become too much about them selling supplies - don't like that people have to click so many times to respond to an ad. The more clikcs the less likely people will follow thru. Also don't like that the seller has to enter in their personal info. - if they wind up getting snail mail and emails becuase of it - they won't be back and neither will I.
pbowie

QUOTE 7/1/2009 10:18:53 PM
To Whom It May Concern:

I signed on after being off for a few days and went OMG, this is NOT the same site! WHAT happened?? I even went through the whole google search for nextdaypets.com because I just couldn't believe there could be such a drastic change in just a few days.

Right off the bat I had UPGRADE NOW thrown in my face with charges I think are unreasonable and even as I sit writing this complaint there are advertisements right next to this text box. Also, of the three colored boxes in the banner area, the largest by far is the supplies section and it has THREE subcategories and a specific "search for pet supplies" box!!

Just so you know, on my screen Find a Dog is 1 inch, Learn & Connect is 1.5 inches and PET SUPPLIES takes 8.5 inches! That's just a LITTLE disproportionate to the purpose of site, or so I would think. If it was a PET SUPPLY web site, I could understand, but it is not.

I do not like this change. I haven't placed an ad because you won't allow the advertisement of litters, just individual pups, but I did use the puppy wanted section. I found that feature very useful and the best laid out and even got a couple of potential contacts. However, I do not appreciate or like this dramatic change, but it was your decision. Please know that I will not be recommending NextDayPets to other breeders in the future.

Regards,

pdb

Post Reply New Topic