Changes

Changes

beaglebrat

QUOTE 7/1/2009 2:33:51 PM
I have noticed that the site is running much better today. I appreciate the longer login time as well. That was brutal yesterday.

Again though, as a advertiser that "features" ads daily, I am slightly concerned that the value/benefits to featuring will have been lost with the new feature that allows prospective buyers to search by location, price range etc....

I spend a lot of money per month featuring ads, and I spend a lot of time bumping them up to the top, so that my ads are seen first. This search option kind of KILLS IT. 

Which I know there are a lot more advertisers that spend a lot more than I do, and I can't imagine that they are going to be happy if their sales go down because they are located in the midwest instead of the east coast (where most purchasers are located).

nextdaypetsforumhelp

QUOTE 7/1/2009 3:29:46 PM
Just dropping in to let you know that prospective buyers could search by location, breed, gender, etc. on the old NextDayPets.com as well. The aspects of that option remain unchanged.

As always, we appreciate your feedback

dihart

QUOTE 7/1/2009 3:36:27 PM
I really like the fact that I can now use all the text I want to explain the pups and their info. Not sure about the uploading, am having a little issue with it, but 10 pix as opposed to 4 is a great increase as ong as we can get it to work properly. I do hate that I have to learn this new thing that makes my brain hurt, but I am trying to wade thru it all.
highlinepups

QUOTE 7/1/2009 5:44:45 PM
I usually do pretty good with NDP but have noticed a big slowdown since the weekend. Not sure if it has anything to do with the new site or not. Time will tell.

My honest opinion on the new site is, nice looking site, seems slower loading with the overload of advertising graphics. Seems to me that NDP is getting a little greedy though. The site seems to be geared more for supplies sales etc than for puppy sales. EVERY page the prospective customer clicks is loaded with ads for NDP's supplies etc.  Even when viewing our puppies full ad, they are hit with NDP ads. It's a little much.

We pay 20 bucks a month then 5 bucks per ad to feature which allows pushing for the day. Seems to me they are knocking down major bucks. 

beaglebrat

QUOTE 7/2/2009 9:14:18 AM

Quote nextdaypetsforumhelp:

Just dropping in to let you know that prospective buyers could search by location, breed, gender, etc. on the old NextDayPets.com as well. The aspects of that option remain unchanged.

As always, we appreciate your feedback

Thank you for the information. Someone said that you used to be able to do that before, I guess I had just never figured out how, and with the new system it is pretty easy.

I do hope it is not going to change the amount of prospective buyers looking at my ads. I DO WORRY about that sort of thing, that is why I am a successful breeder as opposed to those that are not as concerned with advertising issues.

winddial

QUOTE 7/3/2009 12:04:13 AM
Yes BeagleBrat, you could do a state search before, only it was in a very inconspicuous spot.  I pretty much stumbled upon the option and realized what a  bad spot it was in and how nobody would ever find it there. 

I don't know that it will make that huge of a difference, the people eventually found out where we were from anyway the old way.  If anything, it will draw more driveable distance people in.  I still ship in a majority of my dogs for show and breeding but am always looking to see what else is in my state. 
Post Reply New Topic