Funny Jack Russel Trait??

Funny Jack Russel Trait??

jrtrileylover

QUOTE 8/10/2012 2:18:10 AM
I have a 2 year old, sweet hearted, loveable, and spunky JRT. He has this funny little habit that makes me laugh but makes me wonder.

AT LEAST twice a day he will come over, spin himself backwards and rub his back leg on me or my fiancée. He will even do it to our 4 year old beagle! It's so funny when he does it because it's totally random, and the more we giggle about it, the more he does it, then he sits there with his adorable little face and his tail wagging like crazy!! 

Anybody else experience this with their pup!?
jchamp52

QUOTE 8/10/2012 2:47:29 AM

Quote jrtrileylover:

I have a 2 year old, sweet hearted, loveable, and spunky JRT. He has this funny little habit that makes me laugh but makes me wonder.

AT LEAST twice a day he will come over, spin himself backwards and rub his back leg on me or my fiancée. He will even do it to our 4 year old beagle! It's so funny when he does it because it's totally random, and the more we giggle about it, the more he does it, then he sits there with his adorable little face and his tail wagging like crazy!! 

Anybody else experience this with their pup!?
Hi,

What you are describing sounds like he is marking his scent on you. Dogs are VERY much pack animals. I believe it is his way of letting everyone know you are his pet human and that the other beagle is part of his pack.

He will not realize our sense of smell is not anywhere near as good as his, so he will figure any human or animal that is around you will be able to "smell" his scent on you and know that you belong to him.

It is actually a sign of love, he thinks enough of you and your fiancee to claim you as part of his family.
jrtrileylover

QUOTE 8/11/2012 1:12:22 AM
That's kind of what I was thinking! 
Thank you so much for your reply. From now on I will continue to giggle about it and let him do it!! <3
dogsrpeople2

QUOTE 8/23/2012 10:23:32 PM
that's exactly what he is doing hopefully you return the fav and pet him after does it to let him know he is a member of your family as well
Post Reply New Topic