poop roller

poop roller

baddog225

QUOTE 9/22/2011 12:58:19 AM
i have a 3yr old  male min-pin. who likes to roll  in poop. why does he do that?

kathystone

QUOTE 9/22/2011 4:55:01 PM
 He does that because he is a dog. When we bathe our dogs, they smell wonderful to us but aweful to the dog. If a dog designed a spa, it would have piles of dead things, manure,maggot infested somethings,etc. There would be a cat litterbox full and overflowing with "doggy almond rocha". There would be chocolates, chololate cakes, chocolate icecream, and chocolate truffles. As an added treat, there would be a firehidrant that sprays pee BACK at them when they mark it.   They live in a different world.

However, lucky for us there are no such dog spas! Keep your dog on  a leash when he is out to control his desire to "rescent" himself. In the house, scold him for soiling and pick up the pee pads if that is your method of housetraining as soon as he uses them. He wil think you are crazy for forbidding the wonderful piles to roll in so limit his exposure to them. And Make it a POINT when he is stinky to bathe him as soon as possible so he will start to associate the smell he prefers to a bath, which most dog Do NOT perfer. Good luck.
dihart

QUOTE 9/22/2011 10:17:02 PM
   It is the age old question too; why do they enjoy eating POOP!?! not just rolling in it but fresh little snacks from the chocolate factory. One of the reasons that I am glad I was not born a dog.....I love them, but they are, after all, just dogs.
baddog225

QUOTE 9/23/2011 4:01:37 PM
  thanks very much for the info. i guess dogs will be dogs.

Post Reply New Topic