Animal Rescue

Animal Rescue

amknighten

QUOTE 10/4/2010 4:16:53 PM
Can anyone provide me with a resource to find an agency that will take dogs and rehabilitate them? My sister has a puggle that she adopted, but it turns out that he is having issues with aggression. He escapes the yard, and today, he bit someone. She lives in a small town, and no local shelter will take him because he bit someone, and animal control has told her that she has to euthanize him. He is a SWEET dog and is fabulous with her and her kids (twins age 3 and an 11 year old) and gets along with their other dog. It is just the strangers that there is a problem with. She is frantic, and does NOT want to put the dog down. I agree with her... it seems cruel and unnecessary to not even give him a chance! Can anyone help?

kathystone

QUOTE 10/4/2010 9:50:56 PM
 How did he escape from the yard? Would she be willing to keep him if she can figure out a way to confine him? Was it a child or adult he bit? How bad was the bite? These are just some of the questions I would have. Kids sometimes will go by a chain link fence with a dog behind it and tease the dog. A 6 foot high dog run on cement with a top will stop the escaping. There are very few places that want to work with a dog like this if he is a random biter.There are too many good dogs being killed because there are not enough homes to go around. I doubt she will find anyone to take him being a puggel. Perhaps BEAGLEBRAT can weigh in on this one. She raises puggles and knows about the breed.
Post Reply New Topic