My dog jumps all over anyone who comes over - lots of kids

My dog jumps all over anyone who comes over - lots of kids

pbubbies

QUOTE 7/7/2009 6:49:45 PM
Hi! My beautiful 5 month old puppy - Bubbies - jumps all over anyone who comes over. I have kids that come over as well, so obviously I would like to break her of this habit.

Thanks for any advice, it is very very appreciated:)

Sher

beaglebrat

QUOTE 7/7/2009 7:47:45 PM
You need to get a hold on this problem now. Really, it is best to never let them start jumping on people. We always tell families getting our puppies to never pet them (or let any visitors pet them) with their paws up on you. What is cute as a small puppy is not cute as an adult, particularly if it is going to be a big dog.

As for your problem now, be firm say no in a loud firm manner and push the dog down by it's nose. Then I put my hand out like a police officer doing the stop motion and say "DOWN"!

If you do that enough, I have never had a dog that didn't get the jumping was a bad thing to do, and we have Boxers which are notorious for jumping up to greet people. MINE DO NOT! I don't tolerate ill mannered dogs, kids, horses. What ever, if its around me, it needs to behave.

Others may also tell you to knee the dog as it is jumping or to step on the dogs feet. It may be extreme, but based on the size of  the dog, jumping can cause injury or permanent scarring to little kids.

ena@.

QUOTE 9/7/2009 12:42:35 AM

Quote pbubbies:

Hi! My beautiful 5 month old puppy - Bubbies - jumps all over anyone who comes over. I have kids that come over as well, so obviously I would like to break her of this habit.

Thanks for any advice, it is very very appreciated:)

Sher

Well i think you should do small lessons then,practice later.When guest come if he/she does it put he/she in time out and do more lessons.
Post Reply New Topic