4/30/2005 7:26:22 PM
The photos look like:
lhasa Apso/poodle mix
maltese/poodle mix
shih-tzu/poodle mix

I think these dogs are adorable.
funnybunny

4/30/2005 7:42:59 PM
They may be adorable but why spend 650-1000 dollars on a mixed breed? This is very irresponsible of the breeder. There is no such thing as a teddy bear mix, they are merely selling a mixed breed puppy because it's got a cute face. There are enough mixed breeds in shelters, why buy one from a breeder when you'd be taking the chance away from a lovely dog, maybe even a purebred that's in the shelter waiting for a home?
animalluver8

5/1/2005 8:41:11 AM
Yes, they are probably some of the cutest puppies we've seen, but FunnyBunny is right. Why spend so much on a mutt when you can adopt a mutt (or purebred) that is just as cute (or at least almost! Those puppies are way too cute) at your local animal shelter? (or rescue group, petfinder, etc.) And besides, who ever heard of a teddybear mix?
kareninca

5/1/2005 3:05:38 PM
This is the heading at the top of that site:

"We have Teddybear puppies available.
A Teddybear is a combination of small non-shedding breeds."

So yeah, they are mixed breeds of non/low shedders...eg: maltese-poodle; Llaso Apso-poodle, etc.

They are way over priced. IMO, mixed breeds that are actually half breeds are worth something, because you KNOW the two breeds attributes and can get very good half breeds. A multepoo will have 1/2traits of both the poodle and maltese. A cockapoo will have traits of both the cocker spaniel and poodle. So, for me that is worth paying for. But NOT 600-1,000.
I would pay 200-300 for a good half breed, one that is mixed of only two breeds, and has the traits of two very intellegent and good companion breeds. That is what makes half breeds different than mutts. Mutts are a combo of more than 2 breeds, and usually you really do not know WHAT breeds, you can only speculate. We have a dog that we got from the Humane Society that looks like a border collie, but we really do not know what else she has in her. The Maltepoo we have is VERY predictably both poodle and maltese. We saw the father, he was a purebred maltese and the mother, a purebred poodle, so he is not a mutt, but rather a mixed breed or half breed.

evlangl828

5/1/2005 5:33:58 PM
tkx guys!!
nd o yes
they r to die for!
they are sooo adorable

which mix is this one?
http://www.dirtypawsteddybears.com/images/tea-cup_party_girlteddy.jpg
http://www.dirtypawsteddybears.com/images/teddybear8_2003.jpg

masonsmom

5/1/2005 5:41:17 PM
I think the first is a lhasapoo, and the second a shih-tzupoo. Just a guess though.
evlangl828

5/1/2005 5:49:07 PM
thanks!!!
karenc64

5/23/2005 12:28:15 PM
I have a Lhasa-poo and yes she is adorabable,she looks like a teddy bear :) she is so awesome
karenc64

5/23/2005 12:28:56 PM
I have a Lhasa-poo and yes she is adorabable,she looks like a teddy bear :) she is so awesome
karenc64

5/23/2005 12:30:53 PM
Oh and those prices are ridiculous,I paid 350.00 for my lhasa-poo.
bethanndesmond

2/17/2006 1:39:57 PM

Quote evlangl828:

what's a teddybear mix?
how do u get a teddybear mix?
here are some pictures of teddybear mixes i found online
http://www.dirtypawsteddybears.com/teddybear2.html
I have a Teddybear dog from "Dirtypaws." I DO NOT reccomend that you purchase a dog from this breeder. I paid $850.00 for a female who was sent to me with a serious heart condition.
NO REFUNDS.
bethanndesmond

2/17/2006 1:46:10 PM
hi ladies, new to the site. i see some discussion regarding the Teddybear breed.
i only strongly suggest that no one purchase a dog from Dirtypaws.com
she is not a reputable person to do business with. i paid $850.00 for my little baby and was heart broken to find out from the vet that she has a serious heart murmur.
my opinion is that this breeder is breeding defective, unhealthy puppies.
thanks-
diggerkristin

2/17/2006 2:23:21 PM

Quote bethanndesmond:

hi ladies, new to the site. i see some discussion regarding the Teddybear breed.
i only strongly suggest that no one purchase a dog from Dirtypaws.com
she is not a reputable person to do business with. i paid $850.00 for my little baby and was heart broken to find out from the vet that she has a serious heart murmur.
my opinion is that this breeder is breeding defective, unhealthy puppies.
thanks-
you should post a new topic about this woman to let everyone know...

sorry about your pup.
loveablepuppies

2/17/2006 2:28:24 PM
Fancy way of saying Heinz 57 so you will pay more!!!!
puglet

2/17/2006 2:41:36 PM
I just dont get the fascination with mixed breed designer dogs. This "teddybear" name is just a new way of getting people lured in to pay huge amounts of money for a crossbreed. these dogs are not recognised breeds, most probably have not had their parents tested for geneitc defects as the breeders are obviously irresponsible enough to add to the overwhelming numbers of crossbreeds out there.
As for looking like teddy bears, to me purebred shizu's look like teddys a bit anyway when they are pups - unfortunatly, as with most breeds this look does not last long and these "teddybear" dogs are no different. why not rescue an unwanted shizu from a shelter instead.
apbtlover

2/17/2006 4:54:03 PM
Ok, the prices are crazy!! I love mutts, dont get me wrong. kloe is a mutt and an awsome dog!! But why not just got to your local shelter and get a mixed breed dog. There are so many loving dogs and puppies that need homes! Save a life and they will love you unconditionally for it!
stopfakerescues

2/17/2006 6:50:33 PM
One should NEVER have to spend hundreds of $$ to get a mixed breed dog. I agree - there ARE many pups and dogs waiting for loving, solid homes out there... and for much less!

NOTE: It's best to stay local. If not, always be sure to check references... call their vet, ask for names and numbers of others who have received pups from them and CALL them; see what (if any) guarantee they offer; if at all possible, visit in person!

There are some BYB's and even worse, some so-called 'rescues' out there who are making $$ off of our innocence. They are also usually the ones who give their pups inadequate care, poor environment, and shoddy health precautions. The longer we support them, the longer these pups will be mis-bred and ill-treated - not to mention the broken hearts of many of us humans. Do NOT support such enterprises as to do so is only helping them continue to do the above.
pennymybaby

2/17/2006 9:02:00 PM
OMG, not another "designer breed" craze! This is rediculous and outrageous! Why would anyone want to breed more mutts? And ask hundreds of money for them? Augh. People never seem to shock me with their ignorance or stupidity. Oh and by the way, the price is not $600-$1000, it's $950-$1,500!!! Look at the bottom of the page.
suebgone

2/17/2006 9:09:04 PM
KarenfromCA - a mixed breed dog is a mixed breed dog. A mutt, a designer breed, half breed call it what ever your want, they are all the same thing.

They are adorable little balls of fur, but they have been created, produced & exploited by unscroupulous back yard breeders & puppymillers to seperate the guillable public from their money.

Why anyone would pay that kind of money for a dog when you can get the same thing from a shelter or rescue for $100 - $300 & that includes all vetting, testing, preventatives etc, is beyond me.

No matter what breeds you are mixing, there is no guarantee what qualities you will get from either & just as you can get the good traits you can also get the bad.