min pin dachshund mix

min pin dachshund mix

mamabear30534

QUOTE 10/24/2006 1:35:42 AM
I have a min pin and dachshund mix. She is about one year old and healthy at this point but what about health issues later?
maoseger1010

QUOTE 10/24/2006 8:30:03 AM

Quote mamabear30534:

I have a min pin and dachshund mix. She is about one year old and healthy at this point but what about health issues later?
Well that depends a lot on which dog of the mix your dog favors the most, does she look more like the dachshund or the min pin. If she favors the doxie with short legs and a long back you can almost count on some back problems late in life.
minpingirlee

QUOTE 10/24/2006 1:10:11 PM
And if her body is more like a min pin she could have some joint problems as she gets older
maoseger1010

QUOTE 10/24/2006 1:36:28 PM

Quote mamabear30534:

Many people believe if they buy a mixed dog of two purebred parents they will have a healthier dog than either of the two parent breeds. Only thats not often true. Very often you get the health issues of both breeds. So in your case I would study both breeds and their health problems and work to avoid them. Teach your dog not to jump on and off furniture. They have doggy steps that you can buy for the bed and furniture. Some people build small ramps next to stairs for their doxies. Talk with your vet and see what supplements you can give to help with joint health. Also feed quility food.

liltwiggy35

QUOTE 10/29/2006 5:56:35 PM

Quote mamabear30534:

I have a litter of Doxie Pin Puppies due the first week of Nov. I would love to see a pic of your baby to give me an idea of what mine will look like. This is our first litter. Thanks, Cindy
miarob

QUOTE 10/29/2006 7:04:41 PM

Quote liltwiggy35:

I have a litter of Doxie Pin Puppies due the first week of Nov. I would love to see a pic of your baby to give me an idea of what mine will look like. This is our first litter. Thanks, Cindy
First and last litter I hope! And I'm not joking this time.
suebgone

QUOTE 10/29/2006 9:11:42 PM
suebgone

QUOTE 10/29/2006 9:19:56 PM

Quote mamabear30534:

A lot depends on how you take care of her. If you let her run/get loose = lots of problems.

If you take her to the vet every year, have dentals done when needed, feed quality food, have her spayed & as mentioned don't let her jump - much better chance of a long healthy life
thminis

QUOTE 10/29/2006 9:43:21 PM

Quote liltwiggy35:

Even if you see 100 pics of this mix, there is no way of determining what your future litter will look like.
milikia89

QUOTE 5/28/2007 7:51:07 PM
i have one from the pound and she is two years old name Sangria and so far she is very healthy....
jrue1985

QUOTE 5/28/2007 9:57:32 PM

Quote milikia89:

i have one from the pound and she is two years old name Sangria and so far she is very healthy....
Probably one of the ones from the litter of puppies above
miarob

QUOTE 5/28/2007 10:51:45 PM
Great comeback!
delaneyshelties

QUOTE 5/28/2007 11:03:35 PM

Quote jrue1985:

Probably one of the ones from the litter of puppies above
LOL, yeah, that is a good comeback!
rescuewench

QUOTE 5/29/2007 8:02:32 AM

Quote miarob:

First and last litter I hope! And I'm not joking this time.

PLEASE spay your dog!

XRW
funnybunny

QUOTE 5/29/2007 3:11:51 PM
The OP hasn't replied to this thread, but have you all seen how many newcomers (not posting on anything else I might add) have posted on this one specific thread regarding the same mix?
sandyanddixie

QUOTE 6/19/2007 8:51:42 PM
My Sandy (Min Doxie) is expecting a litter of pin doxies I wanted to breed her with a Daple but this little dog got into my fence without my knowing. and now we are having mixed puppies. does anyone have any pictures they can send me of what we might expect them to look like? all I can picture is a dog that is long with long legs.
lganio

QUOTE 6/19/2007 9:05:51 PM
Please spay your pets. There are enough mutts with out homes and being put to sleep daily!
rescuewench

QUOTE 6/21/2007 1:34:41 AM

Quote sandyanddixie:

My Sandy (Min Doxie) is expecting a litter of pin doxies I wanted to breed her with a Daple but this little dog got into my fence without my knowing. and now we are having mixed puppies. does anyone have any pictures they can send me of what we might expect them to look like? all I can picture is a dog that is long with long legs.

get her fixed BEFORE she has them jeeze o PETE !!

they are mutts - there are millions DYING in the country

do you think we can tell you what MUTTS will look like?

sickening STILL you were PLANNING on ( and probably will still do so - BREEDING your MUTT!!

GOOD going!!- than you to adding to the ever growing designer mutt population on deaths row.

KUDOS!!

doxiepindelight3

QUOTE 8/26/2007 11:28:05 PM

Quote maoseger1010:

Many people believe if they buy a mixed dog of two purebred parents they will have a healthier dog than either of the two parent breeds. Only thats not often true. Very often you get the health issues of both breeds. So in your case I would study both breeds and their health problems and work to avoid them. Teach your dog not to jump on and off furniture. They have doggy steps that you can buy for the bed and furniture. Some people build small ramps next to stairs for their doxies. Talk with your vet and see what supplements you can give to help with joint health. Also feed quility food.

This same issue arose way back when humans were out of control and breeding with every other humans available. The important issue to know and understand is: Know your genetic, medical, and family history! Same goes for our doggies!. I am a Disabled Marine Corps Veteran and I enjoy helping other Vets and sharing the joy of my babies. The possibility of health issues arise with any living being.
In our modern world there are so many factors that could come into play, that anything could happen. However as responsible pet owners/breeders it is our responsibility to make sure that life we bring into this world whether it be canine or human be taken care of and looked after to the best of our abilities. Given the proper home, proper diet, and the best medical care, you should be pleased to know that you will spend a long and happy life with your babies. Of course as with all babies you need to make sure you have a doctor on standby because things happen from time to time beyond our control and we want to keep them healthy.

doxiepindelight3

QUOTE 8/26/2007 11:48:58 PM

Quote rescuewench:

get her fixed BEFORE she has them jeeze o PETE !!

they are mutts - there are millions DYING in the country

do you think we can tell you what MUTTS will look like?

sickening STILL you were PLANNING on ( and probably will still do so - BREEDING your MUTT!!

GOOD going!!- than you to adding to the ever growing designer mutt population on deaths row.

KUDOS!!

edited per forum rules maoseger1010
Post Reply New Topic