DON'T ORDER PUPPIES FROM CAMEROON

DON'T ORDER PUPPIES FROM CAMEROON

msjd2u

11/1/2005 11:55:04 PM
I am SICK after reading this posting. My elderly mother was scammed by these crooks...she sent the money...and she has no Yorkie pups. This makes me furious...how they prey on innocent people who don't know any better. My mom is 74 and on limited income...and now she is out the money and no Yorkie pups. Why did she do it...because she believes the good in people...AND, she didn't involve me until it was too late.

She responded to the email that started with hurricane Katrina yorkie rescues...which were all gone...but a missionary just moved to Nigeria...and has these pups to place...and all so forth. After reading your postings, the story is very familiar.

Does anyone have any idea what we can do about this? Since she sent a money order...it's just gone, isn't it?

-janet
oreillia

11/3/2005 12:40:18 PM
Cat's Chihuahua puppies Dishonest and Unethical

Do not buy from their website www.http://billknell.tripod.com/puppies/puppies.html. These sellers sent me a different dog than the one I ordered (I ordered an AKC registered, 1-2 lb. chihuahua, and they sent me an unregistered chihuahua which now weighs over seven pounds. These sellers told me many lies in the process, and would not refund me any money.
jtiburcio

11/7/2005 11:18:51 PM
be careful, nancysmith444@aol.com and gabwilly1974@yahoo.com are still scamming people...BE CAREFUL (I have reported them to the FBI, but it is up to people to know if it sounds too good to be true, then it is)
og2747

11/15/2005 11:35:14 PM
I was contacted from John Nerry about a yorkie ad I inquired about. He said the puppies that I had wanted were already adopted,but the owner rev. mother julian marion could not keep them. THIS IS HIS EMAIL:Sorry, the yorkies you intend buying has been sold out to someone who
has a
problem in keeping them because they gave her a restriction on pets in
her
new location.

Her name is Reverend Mother Julian Morgan.She is a missionary with the
Baptist convention and she was transferred to Africa on a missionary
assignment but on getting there she was restricted on pets most
espescially
dog because they say they are sacrificial animals accordingly to their
custom in her area of assignment,so they gave her an ultimatum to
dispose
them or else the dogs will be killed.

It sounds so barbaric but this was what she told me in a recent mail
she
sent me.

If still interested you can contact her on how you can arrange adopting
one
of the yorkies.They are adorable.

Her email address is julian4luvofyorkies@hotmail.com.

Thanks,
John
CONT.
og2747

11/15/2005 11:36:39 PM
CONT.

So i emailed her and she replyed asap.this is her email: Hello,

I am Reverend mother Julian Morgan of the Baptist Convention.our
mission is
to put meaning into peoples lives,most especially the less priviledged
around the world.

This mission takes us to different places and we meet people of
different
backgrounds and culture.

Presently,i am on a pastoral mission to Africa and in this part of the
world,their beliefs and customs frowns the keeping of some certain
animals
in the house,most especially dogs.

They believe that dogs are meant for sacrifices to their gods and
whoever
has one should be ready to give it up for sacrifice or take it to the
shrine
until needed.

I have two adorable yorkies and it will break my heart to subject them
to
these conditions,this is why i have decided to put them up for
adoption.This
i have to do quickly because i have been given a deadline by the local
ruler
to dispose of them.

They are 15weeks old and their adoption fee is $300 each shipping
inclusive.

I know you will provide a good home for them.

Anticipating your reply.

Thanks,
Rev.Julian Marion.

cont.

og2747

11/15/2005 11:38:21 PM
cont.

I asked her where to send the money and she wrote back:
As for the payment the only way people get money from overseas from
what i
gathered here in Africa is through western union,so i think that the
only
facility i can provide for payment.

The money should be paid to the name of the convention accountant,his
information are below,
Receiver's name............................Francis Ighalo
Receiver's address.........................baptist Convention
Ogbomosho,Oyo
state.
Zip code.......................................23401
Security question...........................What is my first name?
Answer........................................Julian.
Amount sent.................................$600
After you must have made the payment let me know the following via
email,
the sender's name and address,the MTCN number, and the exact amount
sent.

Hope to hear from you soon.
Rev.Julian Marion.

cont.
og2747

11/15/2005 11:40:14 PM
cont.

I was very excited and talked my husband saying I was saving the puppies lives.I sent the money and never recieved an email back. I wrote this so maybe the names will alert another buyer being scammed.
anasazi

11/16/2005 12:09:06 AM
**Shaking my head**

If people would take a little time to research breeders, they wouldnt get scammed!!!!

Lets see.. Yorkie-300 bux-Africa- oh and lets throw in religion to make it sound even better... HELLO?!! Does this look too good to be true??

Ive seen yorkies advertised on this very site that cost an upwards of a $1000, whether they are well bred or not, thats the question but you cant find a yorkie at 200 bux or 300 bux unless you go to a rescue. Good God! When will people wake up and smell the coffee!!
fantasiawht

11/17/2005 10:31:32 AM
You must adopt them or they will be sacrificed!

That's a good one.

foxeymoses

11/19/2005 1:30:53 PM
It makes me ill how many people are getting scammed by these people. The address I have is Affari.to (afropets@adpost.com. He is still trying to get money from me. I ordered fertile bird eggs from him. Currently he says the fertile bird eggs I ordered are in France and of course since they have been there for a week already it will be my fault if anything happens to them. I already paid for a permit in the Cameroon. I have already lost $1500.00 and he wants $360.00 more to get them to the United States. I called the Port Of Seattle Police and the WildLife folks and it is against the law to import endangered species into the US plus there is a ban because of the Birdful Pandemic. They told me that they cannot touch the people in the Cameroon so they get the innocent folks in the US. Big fines and possible jail time. Besides, he is never going to send eggs. This is the first and only time that this will happen to me. The one thing the I cannot understand is how they are still allowed to advertise because there will always be someone who will fall for it....I know...It all started out good $260.00 for the eggs and $160.00 for the shipping. (Not bad) Then it when to permit for Cameroon ($160.00) Opps! My boss won't let them leave without a deposit on the incubator (the very best incubator ($1000.00)Oh No! The are in France and we need another permit ($360.00) SORRY! no more....now I am getting nasty emails....he even sent me a name in Canada of a lady that just got eggs yesterday. Of course, when I tried it it didn't work. It is amazing what we will fall for when we really want something. I hope these people are caught and stopped. Thanks!
blasty

11/21/2005 7:43:08 PM
Well, I guess I've been scammed as well. I am suppose to receive my puppy tomorrow from Cameroon. I wish it were a couple of days earlier that I seen this forum, but now its too late. It was to be my daughters Christmas gift. She was so excited and now I have great sadness and she cried when I had to tell her that her puppy wasn't going to arrive tomorrow. I can't believe people are out there that do this to others. Please be aware of a new name associated with the Cameroon scan, that is ELIOT MARK GRETCH.... this is ridiculous that this is happening and they are getting away with this.
blasty

11/22/2005 1:15:50 PM
This is a further update to the post I put on yesterday. I now heard back from the airport in France saying they need customs papers to release the dog from the airport......yeah right!!! This scam is getting to much out of hand. I set up another email account and contacted the seller as another person interested in the dog I so called purchased, and he was selling me the same dog again. WOW!!!! I'm am so angry that this i occuring and nothing is being done about it.
blasty

11/22/2005 1:20:42 PM

Quote keightylynn:

NO ONE order puppies from Cameroon. It's a scam!! I ordered a puppy form them last week, sent the money western Union and the puppy never came. Look out for names like: Jennies pets, Afropets, Forba Karl, Alison Ngum, Mr. Derekson F. All of these people were involved in the scam. If they give you references, Google their addresses, the ones they gave us were all College Universities. Real pet owners do not ship puppies that far. DO NOT TRUST CAMEROON OR ANY OTHER COUNTRIES PUPPY ADS!!! texttext
I got scammed too, so it still happening to many innocent people. I just wanted a dog for my daughter that I was able to afford. Most of us don't know about reputable breeders and just trust that these adds are legit. Beware of the name Eliot Mark Gretch from Cameroon, don't trust him....For all we know this is one person with many alias' driving around in a BMW
baileylvr

12/19/2005 12:03:40 PM
I just want to thank this page for saving me from one of the biggest mistakes of my life. I had already sent the money western union to pay for shipping and then by some sort of miracle I came across this page and read the name of the person of whom i was sending it too. My heart dropped into my stomach when I read it. I flew down to the western union and luckily he hadn't picked the money up yet. So I got my money back but lost the fee but at this point I didn't care....and by the way this guy is still trying to sell me the puppy...giving me so called email addresses of other buyers and the email address to the police there in Cameroon. I just can't believe these people. they make me sick!! BOTTOM LINE DON'T PURCHASE PUPPIES FROM CAMEROON!
funnybunny

12/19/2005 12:38:25 PM

Quote baileylvr:

I just want to thank this page for saving me from one of the biggest mistakes of my life. I had already sent the money western union to pay for shipping and then by some sort of miracle I came across this page and read the name of the person of whom i was sending it too. My heart dropped into my stomach when I read it. I flew down to the western union and luckily he hadn't picked the money up yet. So I got my money back but lost the fee but at this point I didn't care....and by the way this guy is still trying to sell me the puppy...giving me so called email addresses of other buyers and the email address to the police there in Cameroon. I just can't believe these people. they make me sick!! BOTTOM LINE DON'T PURCHASE PUPPIES FROM CAMEROON!
What I don't understand is why anyone would purchase a puppy from another country online in the first place? Puppies are very sensitive and being on a plane in a crate for hours on end is NOT good for them, no matter what the sellers say. It amazes me how many people would actually make a puppy endure such a long flight in a crate just because the price is better.
anasazi

12/19/2005 12:48:22 PM
Dont purchase any dog from ANY other country other than where you reside.. If youre looking for a puppy, please contact your local breed clubs.. Hey ya just might find that puppy youve been looking for in your own backyard. WHat a concept huh???

Im beginning to come to the conclusion that many people who fall or almost fall for these scammers are looking at the price of the dog..around $400? If you can not afford to pay more than $400 for a pet, please contact a rescue and save a life.
funnybunny

12/19/2005 12:49:14 PM

Quote anasazi:

Dont purchase any dog from ANY other country other than where you reside.. If youre looking for a puppy, please contact your local breed clubs.. Hey ya just might find that puppy youve been looking for in your own backyard. WHat a concept huh???

Im beginning to come to the conclusion that many people who fall or almost fall for these scammers are looking at the price of the dog..around $400? If you can not afford to pay more than $400 for a pet, please contact a rescue and save a life.
mja1103

12/19/2005 2:59:10 PM
I continue to be shocked by the number of people who are being scammed. There are plenty of U.S. reputable breeders, rescue groups, and shelters right here at home!! If you see a pure breed dog such as a Yorkie for 400.00 or a Bolognese for 500.00 a BIG RED FLAG should appear!! If they email you and say anything about being in another country, a missionary, or any of the other "scams" they've been using, a BIG RED FLAG should appear!! I do feel badly for the people who've lost their money. More needs to be done to educate, inform, and warn. It's imperative for the person searching for their new family member to be responsible and do massive amounts of research. As we've seen from all of the previous threads and posts there is no protection to the buyer. Even if the person selling the puppy is ethical, shipping from such a great distance is simply too stressful on the puppy. Years ago there used to be a big sign that hung over the GM plant in Illinois: "Buy American". I couldn't agree more.
anasazi

12/19/2005 3:02:23 PM
More needs to be done..? All people have to do is google the following, "How do I find a reputable breeder" Tons of websites will pop up for your learning pleasure.

I, too, am amazed at how many people do not do their research... Ive said it before and I will say it again.. People will go to great lengths to research a high priced household item but when it comes to purchasing a live animla they will hit the the first puppy website and pick a picture.. UNBELIEVABLE!
administrator

12/19/2005 3:15:36 PM
"As we've seen from all of the previous threads and posts there is no protection to the buyer."

----------

There is protection to the buyer, we offer a Breeder Escrow solution. The money is held in escrow until the puppy is received and in healthy condition. At that point the money is then released to the seller. We educate the buyers throughout the site about this service, however people still choose to send payment through Western Union.